• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Products Should I Invest In?

In summary, the new consultant should invest in the Rice Cooker Plus, Manual Food Processor, Trifle Bowl, Grill Pan/Press, and Simple Slicer. These are HOT products and will be big sellers at the shows.
jkowalski
I am a new consultant and would like to move away from the Veggie Pizza I did at my first 3 shows. I recently bout the course grader, chip maker, and 7" Sudoku knife. What products are good sellers and I should invest in for my shows?

Deep Covered Baker, Manual Food Processor, and Simple Slicer. These are HOT products.
A Trifle Bowl is a great investment, very versatile.

I agree, Deep Covered Baker and Manual Food Processor. The Ridged Baker is a hot seller for me. Even if you don't use it at a show, it's a good investment. I use it almost daily at our house, and just talking about how awesome it is sells it!

OH YES!! I forgot (how, I have no idea!) about the ridged baker. Huge seller!!! Definitely a must have!

Oh, and the complete easy read measuring cup set, including the mini.

Rice Cooker Plus for the Lava Bomb cake! AND it makes great rice too!

love my garlic peeler/slicer. show it and sell it at every show!

also my 5" santoku knife - most women I know like that size better than the 7" one.

mspibb said:
Rice Cooker Plus for the Lava Bomb cake! AND it makes great rice too!
Do you make the lava cake the same way you do in the deep covered baker?

These are all great suggestions. I have been debating on getting the MFP and the salad spinner.

I'm not sure about the salad spinner, but the MFP is a great seller. I actually had a host hold a salsa contest between the chopper and the processor. It holds more food, makes less mess (plus easy to upsell since it's $20 more ;) ) it's easier to clean, IMO it's more versatile

The Salad Spinner is nice, but I'd pick other items first that will allow you to do a wider variety of recipes and are big sellers and booking tools.Think of what recipes you want to be able to do and then see what tools you'll want for them. For example, if you think you'd want to make the 15 Min. Fajitas, then you should get the DCB, salad choppers, digital pocket thermometer, & citrus press.But main key products, I agree with the others:DCB (make the lava cake in this for shows though, the Rice Cooker is great but the DCB is worth more $ and is more versatile.) Manual Food ProcessorTrifle BowlGrill Pan/Press or the 12" Nonstick Skillet *My advice though is to buy these things when you can get them at the greatest discount. If you're earning PC$ then you can redeem them on your Kit Enhancement Order where you get 40% off things, too. You can also be the host of a show, so for example in December if you host a catalog or cooking show you can get the Trifle Bowl as one of your 3 60% off items.

I realize your first post said you wanted items to let you switch up your show recipes, but my advice is to get items you'd use in YOUR kitchen. You can sell things you don't use in show recipes just by talking about how useful they are to YOU.

You mentioned the salad spinner. For people looking to eat healthy, this is a wonderful product. We eat salads almost every day, so I'm using it a lot and I LOVE it. Similar with the MFP, we eat a lot of fresh salsa and my guys don't like my food processer salsa anymore because it grinds everything so small - with the MFP, you can leave salsa a little chunky, or make it smoother as you like.

For a new consultant, I would steer clear of the DCB. It's expensive at $85 & heavy to take to shows, and I only use it about 2-3 times per month. It does make good sales when you sell it, but to me it's a hassle to lug around and I'm always afraid of breaking the lid. That's just me, though, as you can see these other consultants love to take it to shows. Same thing with the trifle bowl, it's a great item to have when I need it, but I rarely use it in my own home.

I use my 12" non-stick executive pan about 2-3 times per week. You can do chicken your way in it and it's more versatile than the grill pan. So excited, just submitted my 2nd Nov show which I hosted, so I'm getting the 12" stainless pan.

Did you get the full kit or the mini kit? If you got the mini, it didn't come with a food chopper and that is one of PC's best sellers. Also the prep bowl set - I use those things daily.

Um, 1 of everything! :p

DCB, large grooved cutting board, forged cutlery utility knife, tool turn around, 12" Exec. Family Skillet, large bar pan, food chopper, both sized batter bowls and prep cups of all sizes--and the can opener--I show these things most, and use them most often and sell them the most.Good luck in your business!

jkowalski said:
Do you make the lava cake the same way you do in the deep covered baker?

You mix the cake mix right in the Rice Cooker just like the directions and put 4 large scoops of icing right in the center of the cake mix. Cook 7 1/2 minutes without the lid.

Just got the rice cooker today. Can't wait to try the cake in the microwave!!

ShellBeach said:
. I use my 12" non-stick executive pan about 2-3 times per week. You can do chicken your way in it and it's more versatile than the grill pan. .

I'm glad I read this. It's given me that "ahhh, hah". I have been thinking I was missing out by not having the grill pan (I have the press but already have a cast iron grill pan I love) and been trying to figure out if I should bite the bullet and buy/invest in the grillpan. I'm like you, use my 12" skillet multiple times a week (although I also use my dcb multiple times a week too). I'm going to start offering the Chicken Your Way and use my 12" skillet! Yeah! Thanks for the idea.:D

Glad to help!
Just to clarify, the grill press does not really fit in the 12" executive pan very well. You can get it in there, but I don't like fretting over whether I will scratch the sides.

I would just do chicken your way using 3 different pantry rubs and speak to how easy the nonstick cleans up, and its lifetime guarantee. Then talk about the grill pan & press and how it makes appetizing grill marks and works for paninis, too.

What Products Should I Invest In?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I often get asked about the best products to invest in for the kitchen. Here are the top 5 most frequently asked questions and their answers:

1. What are the essential tools for a beginner cook?

For someone who is just starting to cook, I recommend investing in a good quality chef's knife, a cutting board, a mixing bowl set, a set of measuring cups and spoons, and a versatile skillet. These tools will cover most basic cooking needs and can be used for a variety of recipes.

2. Are there any multi-purpose products that are worth investing in?

Yes, there are a few multi-purpose products that can save both space and money in the kitchen. A food processor, for example, can be used for chopping, pureeing, and mixing ingredients. A Dutch oven can be used for both stovetop and oven cooking, making it perfect for soups, stews, and roasts.

3. What products are specifically designed for healthy cooking?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that are specifically designed for healthy cooking. Our Quick Cooker uses pressure cooking to cook meals faster and with less oil, while our Spiral & Slice and Veggie Strip Maker can turn fruits and vegetables into healthy alternatives for pasta and noodles.

4. What are some must-have tools for baking?

For baking enthusiasts, I recommend investing in a stand mixer, a set of mixing bowls, a rolling pin, a set of baking pans, and a silicone baking mat. These tools will make baking easier and more enjoyable, allowing you to create delicious treats like cakes, cookies, and breads.

5. Are there any products that can help with meal prep and planning?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef offers a range of products that can make meal prep and planning a breeze. Our Meal Prep Containers are perfect for storing pre-made meals, while our Meal Prep Tools like the Salad Chopper and Quick Slice can help you prepare ingredients faster and more efficiently.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies