• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microwave Chip Maker: Exploring the Benefits & Answer Questions from JS

In summary, the Microwave Chip maker is a quick and easy way to make healthier chips, without the traditional frying. They are not as crispy as store-bought chips, but are still tasty.
Christ Follower
Gold Member
I can give you a list of excuses but I won't. I will simply say that I haven't even taken my Microwave Chip Maker out of the Box (I know... Stone me now I'm a horrible Consultant). I am actually going to use it tonight! I PROMISE!

In the meantime... The newsletters went out today and I received this email back with questions. I honestly don't know what to tell her since I haven't used it personally. So for those of you who have used it... how does it compare to the Stoneware? How would YOU reply to her? (P.S. This lady is a very high maintenance past host...I have to reply carefully). This is what I get for not opening my new products. It would be the ONE thing I haven't played with yet. :rolleyes:

Hi, Ellen! I noticed the microwave chip maker in your email today. Is it all the holes which make it work to make chips? In other words, would it not work to use my round stone ware plate or dish to make chips? Does one maker give the option to do two trays at the same time? I noticed that the recipe does not require oil. To give a little more "real chip" taste, could the raw chips be sprayed with oil prior to microwaving them?
Thank you, JS

If she had clicked on the "read more" option below the chip blurb she could have answered some of her own questions ...
Healthier chips made at home!Make a variety of delicious, crispy chips without the frying. They're healthier, homemade and easy as can be! Use our new Microwave Chip Maker and try them at home, using these easy steps ...
  • Slice small to medium-sized vegetable or fruit into thin slices (1mm/1/32"). For best results use setting 1 on Simple Slicer. (Note: Only use with potatoes, sweet potatoes, apples and yucca.)
  • Place slices on a paper towel. Sprinkle 1/8 tsp-1/4 tsp (0.5 mL-1 mL) salt on one side or 1/4 tsp-1 tsp (1 mL-5 mL) seasoning on both sides, if desired. Blot tops of slices with additional paper towels to remove excess moisture.
  • Arrange slices in a single layer on chip maker. Don't overlap.
  • Place chip maker in center of microwave. If using two, place second chip maker on top.
  • For suggested microwave cook times, reference table below. Because all microwaves are different and cook times may vary, each microwave will have a different cook time. Chart is a guideline and includes space to enter cook time that is ideal for microwave being used.
  • Remove chips from maker once cool.
Here you go
All of our stoneware is microwave safe, so if you can actually fit your stone in your microwave you certainly test the theory to see. My stone won't fit inside my microwave, so I cant try that.Yes, you can stack one tray on top to make twice as many chips at a time.The theory is to make "healthier chips at home", therefore, no oil is needed.

Why not wait until you use it to reply?
Not that Sheila's answer isn't perfect:chef:
Nothing wrong with sleeping on an answer, though.

The Stoneware would work in the microwave, but it will not crisp anything up. Whether it's a chip or pizza or something. Stones crisp in the OVEN, but not the microwave.They are obvioulsy two very different products. The Microwave Chip maker will make the chips in just a couple of minutes, vs many minutes in the oven. Yes- you can spritz them with a little oil _ I did that with mine- using my Kitchen Spritzer, then I added my seasoning of choice. But it all depends on you flavor desires. And the chips will not taste like a bag of Lays or store-bought/deep fried chips. These are HEALTHIER, and still tasty - but may require a little experimenting.

Hi JS,Thank you for reaching out and asking about the Microwave Chip Maker. I apologize for not being able to provide personal experience with it, as I have not used it yet. However, based on the product information and reviews, the Chip Maker is specifically designed with the holes to evenly cook and crisp the chips in the microwave. The round stone ware plate or dish may not have the same effect.As for the option to do two trays at the same time, unfortunately, the Chip Maker is designed to hold one tray at a time. Regarding the use of oil, the recipe provided does not require it as the chips are meant to be a healthier alternative to traditional fried chips. However, if you prefer a more "real chip" taste, you can definitely experiment with spraying the raw chips with oil before microwaving them.I hope this helps answer your questions and I am excited for you to try out the Microwave Chip Maker. Please let me know if you have any further questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with.Best,Pampered Chef Consultant

1. How does the microwave chip maker work?

The microwave chip maker is a two-piece silicone tray that allows you to create crispy chips in minutes using your microwave. The top tray has holes for ventilation and the bottom tray catches any excess moisture from the chips. Simply slice your desired vegetable thinly, place them on the top tray, and microwave for a few minutes until crispy.

2. What types of vegetables can I use with the microwave chip maker?

You can use a variety of vegetables with the microwave chip maker, such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, zucchini, and more. You can also mix and match different vegetables to create unique chip flavors.

3. Is the microwave chip maker easy to clean?

Yes, the microwave chip maker is very easy to clean. It is dishwasher safe, or you can hand wash it with warm soapy water. The silicone material also makes it non-stick, so you won't have to worry about any stubborn food residue.

4. How many chips can I make at once with the microwave chip maker?

The microwave chip maker can make about 20-24 chips at once, depending on the size of the vegetable slices. If you need to make more, you can always repeat the process or purchase multiple chip makers.

5. Can I use the microwave chip maker for other types of food?

While the microwave chip maker is primarily designed for making chips, you can also use it to make other crispy snacks like apple or banana chips. You can also use it to make crispy bacon or melt chocolate for drizzling over desserts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• minirottie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • LoriLions
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies