• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suggested Products to Acquire for Newbie...

In summary, if you are looking to start a small kitchen business, getting the new consultant kit would be the best start. Get measuring cups, tool turn about, SS bowl set, scoops, can opener, easy read measuring cups, kitchen timer, and the the Deep Covered Baker.
HealthNut
Ok - so my first party that I'm hosting is this upcoming Saturday...I've made my wish list of items that I want - but I am also signing up to become a consultant - so obviously will be getting the new consultant kit (the full one)...

Here's my question - what products would you all suggest would be MOST useful starting out, that I should get with my "free product value"?

Here's a list of the small things I want:

Cranberry Hotpad
Measure Mix & Pour
Mix 'N chop
Nylon Pan Scrapers
Smoky BBQ Rub
Greek Rub
Citris & Basil Rub
Jamaican Jerk Rub

But what other items do YOU all think would be beneficial for me starting out? Thanks!!

Deep Covered Baker
measuring cups (both sets)
Tool Turn About
Kitchen Shears
another knife
SS Bowl Set
SS Colander Set
Pineapple Wedger
Apple Wedger
Scrapers

I'd get the Deep Covered Baker. Don't buy the Pan scrapers, one will come w/ the DCB. Instead, I'd get the Kitchen Brush. It's nice having the long handle. I use it a lot more often then the pan scrapers.If you can afford it, get the knife block set as a half-price item, but at least get a Santoku knife. Guests really like to see that one.Other things I bought right away to have for shows:Oven mitt/hot pad
Large grooved cutting board
Tool Turn About
SS Bowl Set
Scrapers
Can opener
Easy Read measuring cups
Kitchen TimerYou can buy rubs on the supply order when you become a consultant, so you could hold off on getting those. You get a little bit of discount buying them that way.

I agree with Becky's list. You will want to get the DCB since that is host only now. The full set of measuring cups is a MUST, too. At a show, you won't want to take the time to wash the scrapers - so having a few is a big help.

Personally, I wouldn't get any of the rubs/pantry items since they will all be available to you once you become a consultant at a reduced rate through a Supply Order.

Normally, I would say the Prep Bowls. But those are available on supply now, too. But, the 2 that come with the kit are not enough!

Also, I am not sure if either of the juicers comes with the kit, but I find that many recipes I like to demo require lime or lemon juice, so having one of the juicers might be nice.

Also, the scoops! Atleast the smallest one. It will be SO much easier than trying to use a spoon or the adjustable measuring spoon to fill the mini-muffin pan.

Bottom line, get things YOU can see yourself using as it is so much easier demo-ing products that YOU love and use in your own kitchen.

Thank you guys! Yeah, I was wondering about the deep covered baker - I thought I kept reading that it's either on back order or un-available...but it IS available for hosts only? I'll absolutely be ordering it if it is! :)

Hosts can get the cranberry glazed one now, and it is only one per show. The white one has been discontinued.

babywings76 said:
Hosts can get the cranberry glazed one now, and it is only one per show. The white one has been discontinued.

Awesome! Now, they're not discontinuing all together, are they?

HealthNut said:

No way! One of the new products for the Fall is another set of Weekday Dinner Done cards, which feature the DCB - so I don't think it's going anywhere!

ChefBeckyD said:
No way! One of the new products for the Fall is another set of Weekday Dinner Done cards, which feature the DCB - so I don't think it's going anywhere!

Very cool. Yeah, this was something "big" I have on my wishlist - but wasn't sure if it was available or not. I've been browsing recipes here on the site for the DCB and can't WAIT til I have one of my own! :D

Definitely the DCB.
Kitchen Shears
Scoops
Another stackable cooling rack (one comes in your kit)
Large grooved cutting board
Santoku knife
Salad Choppers
Bamboo tongs
Bamboo spoons
Scrapers
Can strainer
Collander/bowl sets
Chefs Tongs
12" Executive Skillet & Lid (I'll be jealous if you get that one....it's on my wishlist)
Fluted Pan (stoneware)

My two biggest hits are the salad chopper and kitchen shears. I always sell at least one of each when I do a show because they are so versatile. The bamboo is popular too!

one thing that I discovered after I almost burned the warm nutty carmel brownies.. you need the TIMER! LOL

oops now I see it was in an earlier post :(..

actually I think they should add it to the new consultants kit though

I'd definitely go for:

DCB -- before the rate increase
Large Grooved Cutting Board
Easy Read Measuring Cup Set
Salad Chopper
Color Coated Bread Knife
5" Santoku - Forged Cutlery
Juicer
Can Opener
Mix 'n Chop
Stainless Colanders
Stainless Mixing Bows -- before the rate increase
Oven Mitt
Pineapple Wedger
New Medium or Large Round Bamboo Bowl

Remember you can get the Cranberry Hot Pad/Trivet for free for being your own Charter Host.

Everyone has great suggestions! You will totally learn what you like and want right away! heeheh! I want it all! But one thing you can do is use your PC$ you earn in your first 90 days in your 4th month, your kit enhancement month, to get all the other goodies you are wishing you had at 40% off! Thats what I did!
I had my grand opening show and earned $265 in free stuff.....and I even gave away my half price items, I didn't have money to spend on PC yet! hehe! and I spent $300 PC$ in my 4th month to get a ton of other goodies! Got the 12" skillet w/ lid and 2 more of the forged cutlery and some of the other things I had not gotten in the beginning!
Good luck! I hope you first party is a huge success!
and yes, us the "Charter Host" code to get the cranberry trivet for free!

What does "Charter Host" mean?

It's a host that closes a show within your first 30 days

HealthNut said:
What does "Charter Host" mean?

There will hopefully be a page in your new consultant kit that explains it. When I started, they gave you 2 things to choose from, so I don't know if that's still the case now. But it's just for hosts (even if it's you!) that you submit shows for in your first 30 days. There is a special item number code that you will enter into the computer program in order to add it on.

HealthNut said:

No... but I had the same question since I'm new also, and the HO told me that the manufacturer couldn't keep up with demand, so they are making it a specailty item that's an incentive to host a show.

My list of items to add to your kit ASAP would be:

Rectangle Stone (the one without sides because you can use the pizza cutter to cut all the way across! Less mess and better presentation)
Cool & Serve Tray (people love this item and you can have the host put food in it)
Timer (for your benefit, in case your host doesn't have one)
Can Strainer
Handy Scapper (to push food off cutting board)
Triffle Bowl & Egg Slicer (for small fruits) (in case you can't or don't want to bake)
Some spices
A cook book
Can Opener
(in case the hosts is dirty)
Small Sheet Pan (these are very impressive in person, they are high quality, I ordered some for MY kitchen right away!)
2 cup Prep Bowls (holds more during demo)
Ice Cream Dipper (you can melt an ice cube on it in seconds, sell lots)
Oven Mitt and/or Towels (it helps to have nice set at a strangers house, in case they don't!)

I think those would be a very purposeful start!

Last edited:
Did anybody mention the digital thermometer? (I like the old one better but I do keep the new digital one in my kit.) Very useful for checking temperatures of meat cooked in the DCB in the microwave. (I would hate to poison a guest at a show.) ;)

What are the essential tools for a newbie in the kitchen?

For a new cook, we recommend starting with our Basic Kitchen Tool Set, which includes a chef's knife, paring knife, measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, and a cutting board. These tools are versatile and will cover most cooking needs.

What kitchen gadgets do you recommend for a beginner cook?

We suggest investing in a good quality vegetable peeler, can opener, and garlic press. These tools will make meal preparation much easier and more efficient. We also recommend a citrus juicer and a microplane grater for adding fresh flavor to your dishes.

What are some must-have baking tools for a new baker?

A beginner baker should have a good quality stand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, a rolling pin, and a set of mixing bowls. We also recommend investing in a set of silicone baking mats and a cooling rack for perfect baked goods every time.

What are some versatile cooking utensils for a new cook?

A set of wooden spoons, a silicone spatula, and a set of tongs are must-have cooking utensils for new cooks. These tools can be used for a variety of tasks, from stirring and mixing to flipping and serving.

What are some products that can help with meal prep for a beginner cook?

We recommend our Food Chopper, Mandoline Slicer, and Salad Chopper for easy and efficient meal prep. These tools will save you time and effort in the kitchen, making cooking and meal planning a breeze.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kodeysmom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NooraK