• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Silent Auction Basket - Spring/Summer 2007

In summary, a person was asked to create 1-2 baskets for a silent auction to raise money for a local teen group going to Europe. They plan on making two baskets with new products, including a small dots bowl, dots towels, new rubs, and a homemade gift card. They also mentioned a PC Fundraiser and asked about setting up a bank account for the trip. It was suggested to use Simple Additions instead of a batter bowl for the basket. The idea of setting up a catalog show as a fundraiser was also discussed. Another person was looking for ideas for a basket to donate to a dinner event and it was suggested to include a Stoneware Batter Bowl, a Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkle, a
jenniferknapp
Gold Member
Hi everyone....I was asked to do 1-2 baskets for a silent auction for a spaghetti dinner to help raise money for a local teen group going to Europe....anyway, I was thinking along the lines of the new products....I plan on making 2, how does this sound?A small dots bowl, with one of the two dots towels fanned out (one in each), one of the new rubs (bbq in one, jamaican jerk in the other), a SB, business card, catalog, $15 GC (a homemade one from me)....all wrapped in cellophane and tied with a twix-it.... Should I change anything at all? I figure that the baskets next to each other will look good, and show off 2 seasonings, and the 2 different towel colors...I also mentioned a PC Fundraiser, and they may be interested....but they don't have a bank account fund for the trip....is it free & easy for them to set one up at a local bank?Thanks!

Those sound really cute! And not horrifically expensive for you to produce.

Good job!

On the bank account, most banks offer free personal checking sccounts, but they may need to ask about one with an organization name on it. The bank may consider it a business. But if they were smart, they'd still give them a free account as good publicity. :)

Sounds REALLY cute! I was going to suggest the small batter bowl as a "basket" when I saw the title of your thread, but I LOVE the Simple Additions, in case I've never mentioned it, so that's even BETTER! I hope they raise a LOT of money!

Oh yeah! The batter bowl is a great idea.....but since we have these adorable bowls, I will use these this time! (I LOOOOOOOVE SA!) And I am hoping to spark a little interest in the TPC. Is it rude of me to ask them to throw a few biz cards in front of my baskets??

Nope, that's not rude. Folks will give some leeway since you're donating something. I was at one silent auction where the people who donated got a virtual commercial from the podium when the winner of their item was announced.

Hmm...I wonder if I should figure something up and ask for the same sort of thing... What I should do is try and get a decision out of them whether they will do a fundrasier or not, and if they say yes, then do a contact form that asks for their name and email address or something for e-invitations to order online! (and maybe a little checkbox about being added to my newsletter list!)

Jennifer - I like the idea of the contact form, but I'm not sure how you would do that online. Can you explain more?

I have one to do this Friday and I bought a Easter Basket to fill up with a GC and little stuff. Easter and Spring are around the corner. Just an idea. ;)

cmdtrgd said:
Jennifer - I like the idea of the contact form, but I'm not sure how you would do that online. Can you explain more?

I would set up a catalog show, and send out e-invitations to it, and just call it a fundraiser instead of a catalog show...and let people from distances (family, etc) contribute to the fundraiser by ordering online through the host name. Just like a show, I would have to input it through PP to submit it, and if they do it wrong and don't put the host's name...then it wouldn't count. Does this make sense?

speedychef said:
Sounds REALLY cute! I was going to suggest the small batter bowl as a "basket" when I saw the title of your thread, but I LOVE the Simple Additions, in case I've never mentioned it, so that's even BETTER! I hope they raise a LOT of money!

I don't want to highjack JK's thread but what would you but in the BB? Our local Equality Virginia is having a dinner next month and they are looking for things to put in their silent auction. I was thinking of giving something so I could really get my name out there.

HIJACKER!!! hehe.....well, how much money do you want to spend on this basket? I would definitely do a SB, GC (redeemable through you only), business card, a seasoning, then a few of the new products? I would think of a stainless whisk and spatula..to go with the BB thing.... oh, and for the seasoning, maybe the vanilla or cinnamon!

Great idea
jenniferknapp said:
HIJACKER!!! hehe.....well, how much money do you want to spend on this basket? I would definitely do a SB, GC (redeemable through you only), business card, a seasoning, then a few of the new products? I would think of a stainless whisk and spatula..to go with the BB thing.... oh, and for the seasoning, maybe the vanilla or cinnamon!

It's a great way to tease them with our great products. Then they will definitely use that GC to purchase more than you are offering. The mini serving spatula, bamboo tongs, citrus peeler, I-slice, or mini whipper are offered as door prizes I think. Maybe some of those things plus the seasoning would be good!
Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
It's a great way to tease them with our great products. Then they will definitely use that GC to purchase more than you are offering. The mini serving spatula, bamboo tongs, citrus peeler, I-slice, or mini whipper are offered as door prizes I think. Maybe some of those things plus the seasoning would be good!
I prefer to do a few larger items, because it is all a write off, plus I want the basket to make some money for the group! I think of it as selling the products, with the GC as a bonus, and a hope that they will purchase more than just the $10 or $15 GC's worth....

I agree
jenniferknapp said:
I prefer to do a few larger items, because it is all a write off, plus I want the basket to make some money for the group! I think of it as selling the products, with the GC as a bonus, and a hope that they will purchase more than just the $10 or $15 GC's worth....

Yes I agree. A new product would be good. Maybe the torte pan set, or the dots coffee and more cups. I think they are so cute. Anything with dots would be good. I really prefer the dots to the squares and stripes.

Would it be too overboardif I bought the already put together pizza set (round stone, pizza cutter & cookbook) and placed it on the woven selection round basket and added the Italian Seasoning?

I think that it is a fantastic basket, and should raise quite a bit of money! As long as you are willing to spend that much, I say go for it!

I think that is the route I am going to go. If I throw in the Pizza Crust Mix, it retails for $103. I figure with my discount, it shouldn't be more than $85. I guess I will have to get on the ball and get it ordered tonight so the stuff will be here in time!

Ok JK - you can have your thread back now - thanks for letting me "borrow" it he he :)

haha no prob, I think that I made my decision for mine too! And the best part of these is the sales from the products...wahoo! I am waiting until Friday to order though, I want those mid-season products!!

Are you purchasing them in your mom's name? I was thinking about ordering them through my website under my bf's name to get the sales but then would I still be able to accept the tax write off as a donation?

I am adding it on to an individual order from a customer....but I think I am still going to take it as a tax deduction.....they don't need to know if I am paying for the items for the customer to put in a basket or if it is for a different function!

That's true because now that i think about it, the donation is going to be in my name anyway so I can record that as the tax deduction and forgo to purchasing of them. Cool - I just sold $100 this month. And if I am correct, it is free spice month - oh look got the Italian Seasoning for free!

haha, but isn't that for guests at shows only? I think I am leaving mine as an individual order so that I can do it online, and add a few products from the Outlet for other guests right on to the same order...

yeah I just re-read the flyer and it is only for shows. Oh well worth a shot

Bummer, I thought so!

I may be putting together a basket as well for a local community school. Is it possible to submit an order through another person's name and get a consultant discount on it as well? How does that work?

No, you either get the sales & commission from it if you submit it in another's name. (If they are a past host, you can use their PHD #) ... or, if you want to get the consultant discount, you won't get the sales or any commission from it.

Oh, I see! Cool, thanks! PS - I like both of the package ideas...

Thanks! I am going to put an order in this weekend for the products...and when I get the baskets made up I will take pics and post them!

Ooohhh good idea with the pic - I will take one too! BTW JK - I am "stealing" the twixit clip idea too!

Well, I stole it from someone else on here! TKG maybe?

Here are the baskets! I think they came out nice!http://www.jlknapp.com/pamperedchef/baskets.jpg

Those are gorgeous!

They look fantastic, Jennifer! How much did they end up costing you?

Jennifer, they look great! Very colorful!

Thanks! :)Let's see.... here is the list of what is included, and then you can add whatever discount (I put it on a host's order with her discount) .....and also, I forgot to throw a $10 (homemade) GC + catalog in there...I will probably open them back up to add it... hoping that they will order more from me!SB, Twix-it, bamboo tongs & stone scraper - out of door prize basket
Rubs - $7.50
Towels - $15 (included one towel in each basket)
Bowls - $24
Decorations - 2 cellophane basket things..., easter grass & a purple ring thing from the $1 store.A total of...$23.25 per basket, plus a few small things, and this is before any discounts or a Gift Certificate!

That's really affordable, even without a host's discount, but even better with the discount plus commission! I hope that they bring you shows or orders, at least. :)

Those look great Jennifer - very colorful for springtime - I'm sure they will go over well:)

Yahooo! The mother just picked up the baskets...and LOVES them! She wants to do a fundrasier too :) :) .....so, now I need to search for/make a one page flyer that explains how to go to my website and place an order in her daughter's name! The mother is going to make 100 copies of the flyer!! (The dinner is this Saturday)And, she also asked me to bring catalogs and order forms so that they can order stuff right there if they want (or don't have the internet)...I'm psyched!!

Whenever I'm asked for donations, I do this:

Small Batter Bowl filled with little things like:
Quikut
Citrus Peeler
Mini Serving Spatula
recipe cards
catalog
and a gift certificate worth $15 AND a free cooking party (which IS transferable)

I do these because I'm looking for an increase customer base. If I only do a basket and put some business cards on the table, chances of someone calling me are honestly, rare. But if they have to call me to redeem their gift certificate ~ BINGO ~ a potential host, recruit and referrals!

Ginny

I went a bit overboard with my first silent auction. I bought the pizza set, the round woven tray, the pizza mix, Italian Seasoning and threw in a mini serving spatula. I just have to wrap it all up tonight and get it ready for pickup. I just got off the phone with a person from the organization holding the auction and she was psyched that PC was being offered. She thinks it is going to be a huge money maker for them. I hope so and also some great leads for me.

Now - they said I could send markting material. Besides a business card, what else do you think I should send?

jasonmva said:
I went a bit overboard with my first silent auction. I bought the pizza set, the round woven tray, the pizza mix, Italian Seasoning and threw in a mini serving spatula. I just have to wrap it all up tonight and get it ready for pickup. I just got off the phone with a person from the organization holding the auction and she was psyched that PC was being offered. She thinks it is going to be a huge money maker for them. I hope so and also some great leads for me. Now - they said I could send markting material. Besides a business card, what else do you think I should send?
I would ask them if they would want to do a fundraiser through you as well. It is very easy and effortless on their end, especially at the day of the auction. You would just give them a flyer (or copies, but in my case, they are making the copies) ...and then they can hand those out....BINGO! Now they are at your site, and might look around....or even just keep your name! And I plan to follow up with them after their orders, so that I can see if they would be interested in hosting a party....which will give the benefit an extra $3! And for that, I am willing to shoot out to June to book... (I am trying to think ahead to sell-a-thon????)As for other marketing materials...i'm not sure, I guess you could throw in some wedding registry & opportunity brochures and maybe they will put them out around your basket? I have to talk to my lady tomorrow when I bring her the flyer to see if she is wanting me to set up an area right there, or if she wants me to play it low key, and just be a "guest" ...

Last edited:

Related to Silent Auction Basket - Spring/Summer 2007

1. What products are included in the silent auction basket?

The basket will include a small dots bowl, two dots towels (one in each color), a rub (either BBQ or Jamaican Jerk), a Simple Additions serving bowl, a business card, a catalog, and a $15 gift certificate (homemade by the consultant).

2. Are there any other products that can be added to the basket?

Additional products can be added upon request. Please contact the consultant to discuss options and pricing.

3. Can the basket be customized for a specific theme or occasion?

Yes, the consultant can work with you to create a custom basket that fits your specific needs and budget. Please contact the consultant for more information.

4. Is there a PC Fundraiser option that can be included in the basket?

Yes, the consultant can provide information and materials for a Pampered Chef Fundraiser that can be included in the basket. Please contact the consultant for more details and to discuss options for setting up a fundraiser for the teen group.

5. Is it easy to set up a bank account fund for the trip at a local bank?

Setting up a bank account fund for the trip should be a simple process at a local bank. The teen group can inquire at their preferred bank for specific requirements and procedures.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dianevill
  • noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
noelskitchen
  • pamperedape
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies