• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unique Pampered Chef Door Prize Ideas for Chinese Auction Fundraiser

In summary, Joanne would donate a Chinese auction gift basket that includes items such as a Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Fundraiser on Nov. 18th gift certificate, a Seasons Best cookbook, twixit clips, or tools to make one of the recipes inside, a free cooking show with the prize, and a small batter bowl full of door prizes.
ChefinHarmony
If you had to donate a $30-$50 (Retail Value) Door Prize for a Charity Fundraiser/Chinese Auction to represent the Pampered Chef, what would you give? I'm open for suggestions! I have the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Fundraiser on Nov. 18th. They have requested a "Chinese Auction" gift basket from me. Lots of other "home shows" will be there too - you name it, it's there. I'm a little stumped - any input would be appreciated!
Thanks!!
Joanne

Chinese Auction
ChefinHarmony said:
If you had to donate a $30-$50 (Retail Value) Door Prize for a Charity Fundraiser/Chinese Auction to represent the Pampered Chef, what would you give? I'm open for suggestions! I have the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Fundraiser on Nov. 18th. They have requested a "Chinese Auction" gift basket from me. Lots of other "home shows" will be there too - you name it, it's there. I'm a little stumped - any input would be appreciated!
Thanks!!
Joanne

I normally donate $ 20.00 gift certificates, hope that helps.

liz

How about the petite squares (for sauces) and bamboo tongs (for chopsticks)?

I do the pizza set and put my card and a catalog in the basket!!

ChefinHarmony said:
Thanks!!
Joanne

I just did a basket yesterday for the PTA election day raffles & bake sale...I put a Celebrations cookbook,SB2006 S/S & F/W, mini spatula, citrus peeler, easy opener, small spreader, sugar shaker, a cut n seal,discontinued bar board & the 3 products from HWC...some pins, & of course...business cards, specials flyers & catalogs.:cool:

You could do the new Asian Gift set.

By the way, a Chinese auction is not Chinese themed. According to Wikipedia:
"In a Chinese auction, bidders are not prospective buyers (as in the conventional English auction). Instead, they buy tickets, which are essentially chances to win items. Bidders may buy as many tickets as they like, and bid them on any item(s) they want by placing them in a basket or other container in front of the item(s) they are trying to win. At the conclusion of bidding, the winning ticket is drawn from the tickets bid on each item, and the item is given to the owner of that ticket.
A bidder may increase the chance of winning by buying and bidding more tickets on a specific item. Although there is generally no limit to the number of tickets a given individual may bid on a specific item, the chance of winning depends on the total number of tickets bid by all individuals."

Quick Stir PitcherI have taken the quick stir pitcher, either one would work, put a towel or napkin in the bottom to look like a drink(cranberry=red juice). Then I would put a Seasons Best cookbook, twixit clips, or tools to make one of the recipes inside. I'm sure you get the idea, but it does two things. It looks nice and it shows off a great Christmas gift idea.....:D

It is on the high end of the budget, but either the rectangular or round chillzane make a big splash for not a ton of money! Don't forget to add a free cooking show with the prize!

I just donated a small batter bowl full of door prizes with a microfiber towel in the bottom. I thought it was kind of cheap of me, but once I added up the value of it all, it was worth well over $20...It was pretty cute too!

I like Gillian's idea! Plus I think EVERYONE would bid on PC. I alwasy have great success with donating.....

What is a Chinese auction item?

A Chinese auction item is a type of fundraising event where participants purchase tickets and place them in containers next to the items they want to win. The tickets are then drawn at random and the winners are able to claim the corresponding items.

What types of items are typically included in a Chinese auction?

Chinese auctions can include a variety of items such as gift baskets, event tickets, gift cards, electronics, and other small items. The items are usually donated by individuals or businesses to support the fundraising cause.

How do I participate in a Chinese auction?

To participate in a Chinese auction, you will need to purchase tickets or bidding sheets at the event. The number of tickets you buy will determine how many items you can bid on. Simply place your tickets in the containers next to the items you want to win.

What is the difference between a Chinese auction and a traditional auction?

In a traditional auction, participants bid on items and the highest bidder wins. In a Chinese auction, participants purchase tickets and place them in containers for the items they want to win. The winners are then chosen at random.

Are there any strategies for increasing my chances of winning a Chinese auction item?

Some strategies for increasing your chances of winning a Chinese auction item include purchasing more tickets, focusing your tickets on a few items that you really want, and talking to other participants to see if they are willing to trade tickets for items you are interested in.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alc1004
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • loreo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
loreo
  • PC Angel