• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Basket Donation Ideas for Charity Galas - Tips and Inspiration

In summary, the conversation is about a person asking for ideas on what to include in a basket they are donating to a local charity gala. The basket needs to have a retail value of $50 or higher and the person wants it to have a nice "display" appearance to attract potential customers. Some suggested items to include are classic kitchen tools, recipe cards, spices, and free products earned through the company. Others recommend adding a gift certificate redeemable through the person and attaching a poster congratulating the winner and listing all the items in the basket. The idea of using a trifle bowl filled with products is also suggested.
sklay723
Gold Member
So I've been asked by a friend to donate a basket to a local charity gala...I have to send in my paperwork next week telling them what will be in the basket. It has to be $50 retail value or higher to get a mention in their sponsor program. Any ideas of some things I can put together? I was thinking a Classic Batter Bowl and a Mix N Scraper, maybe some of the cinnamon blend, or a pizza stone and cutter, along those lines. I even thought maybe just putting together a bouquet of fun tools, like the Mix N Masher, Mix N Chop, etc. I have two fundraisers out right now and I thought I would just add an order to one of them to help them out, too...that way I'm making a difference twice. :)

I basically want whatever I put together to have a nice "display" appearance, since it will be in a silent auction at the gala. They also told me I can put a stack of business cards with it, and some catalogs...very good opportunity to get some new customers, or so I hope. Any ideas y'all might have would be greatly appreciated...I need to make a big splash!

Beer bread is good, because it's a large box, but not pricey, so it adds to the presence of your basket without adding a lot of cost.

Katie ~

Make sure you put a biz card with each product (especially boxes) because people have a tendency to give the product away to others as gifts. This way you touch more people with your biz.

I like adding some of the following to my baskets:

Dots towels
Recipe cards
spices
M n C
M n M
Garlic Press
Citrus Press
Cookbooks
Pizza Crust
Beer Bread (as Ann said)
Micro Cookers
and anything that I earned for FREE !!

Good Luck

~G~

I usually do some products that I have around and a Gift certificate redeemable through me for $50 bucks. I also put in a catalog. That way I have contact with the one who wins :)
***I also don't have to worry about paying for the GC till they call me. :)

I did a charity silent auction last weekend and I donated a trifle bowl which I had filled with pastel M&M's and Hershey's kisses. (purchased 1/2 price after Easter to keep the expense down.) It took 4 bags of M&M's and 2 Bags of kisses. I sorted them out by color and then layered them, with the kisses in the middle , then did more layers of M&M's. Tied a pastel bow around it. It went for $67! I bought the trifle bowl 60% in Feb.! Not really a "basket" but it got lot's of attention. (Maybe you could use ribbon to make a "handle" over the top so it looks basket-y :)

chefann said:
Beer bread is good, because it's a large box, but not pricey, so it adds to the presence of your basket without adding a lot of cost.

I just put that in a basket we are doing for a chinese auction at my kids school - Make sure you stamp or label the back of the box.... (reorders!;) )

I like to do themes if I do a basket - so right now I would go with outdoor theme - maybe some BBQ stuff - outdoor plates - rubs - QSP...

Good idea on the beer bread mix. I am putting together a basket for a relay for life team silent auction that I am doing a fundraiser catalog show for.
I did the cooking for 2 cookbook and chipotle rub, moroccan rub and mix in scraper. I put my sticker on the beer bread, rubs and cookbook. All things I had extra of.

Ann R.

You got some great ideas for "things" here. But one thing I ALWAYS attached to my basket is a poster (letter size) "Congratulations you won....and list all the things "PLUS you won a free party vlued as high as $25 (I pay to the ingredients, microwave cake and paper goods).

What about a Gift certificate redeemable only thru you?

straitfan said:
I did a charity silent auction last weekend and I donated a trifle bowl which I had filled with pastel M&M's and Hershey's kisses.
I love this trifle bowl idea... I gave one to my aunt for Christmas filled with wine and cheese and it was a huge hit with everyone there! Great presentation, great product... you could fill it with smaller PC stuff... spices, beer bread, a cookbook, catalog, GC redeemable through you, etc!

It really was pretty. Last fall there were lots of ideas for lining it with a towel and making it into a gift. Deb Lily (Oprah's stylist) demo'ed several ideas at NC, and of course the party in a bowl was our big OPRAH moment with no mention of PC! :(

Get some address labels with your phone number and web site ... put them on the back of a catalog and a season's Best ...

A batter bowl is a nice addition to a basket ... you can put stuff in that as well.

Multiple items make more of a splash than just one ... so I'd do the batter bowl and toss in some smaller items like those mentioned.

The GC is a good idea, because you're not out any money if they don't actualy redeem it, but something tangible will get more bids and make a better presentation on a table. Whatever you decide to do, include a catalog, the upcoming specials and a personal thank you note. And put a big bow on it to dress it up.

My "sensible" DH pointed out that I have an extra Food Chopper (had one from before I was a consultant that was broken, so I got the replacement in the mail a couple of months ago and forgot all about it!). So I have a Food Chopper to donate, and it won't cost me a dime. What would match up well with that in a gift basket? I love all the ideas I've gotten so far, I am just trying to brainstorm a few extra things because I'm placing my order Sunday and I want to make sure I've thought it through well enough...thanks as always for your suggestions!!! I could even keep it simple, just do the chopper and another item or two, then a catalog and a gift certificate to meet the "donation requirement" for mentioning in the sponsor program...

Bar board, Handy Scraper, Adj easy read MC

Good ideas...I went ahead and ordered the cranberry bar board and paring knife set off the outlet, as well as the cranberry handy scraper. I'm going to order a set of the cranberry towels (the set of two) and line the basket with those, then put in a catalog "standing up" in the back, with the food chopper and the other two items in front of it. I'll design a custom $25 gift certificate on my computer, and then add that in. Wrap it in cellophane shrink wrap and top with a cranberry colored bow. :) So excited!!!

1. How can I incorporate Pampered Chef products in my basket donation?

You can include a variety of Pampered Chef products in your basket donation, such as kitchen tools, cookware, and food items. You can also create a themed basket using our products, such as a baking basket or a grilling basket.

2. Can I customize the basket with specific products?

Yes, you can customize your basket with specific Pampered Chef products that fit your theme or target audience. Our consultants can provide recommendations and help you create the perfect basket.

3. Are there any bulk discounts for basket donations?

Yes, we offer bulk discounts for large orders of our products. Please contact a Pampered Chef consultant for more information and to place your order.

4. Can I include non-Pampered Chef products in my donation basket?

Yes, you can include non-Pampered Chef products in your donation basket. However, keep in mind that our products are high-quality and add value to the basket, so we recommend including a majority of our products.

5. How can I make my basket donation stand out?

You can make your basket donation stand out by using a unique theme, including a variety of Pampered Chef products, and presenting it in an appealing way. Our consultants can also provide tips and ideas to make your donation basket stand out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • KCPChef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies