• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Groupon & Thoughts on Promo Ideas

In summary, using a Groupon-style promo can attract new customers, generate buzz, increase sales, and clear out excess inventory, but it can also be costly, attract bargain hunters, devalue your products, and may not be a good fit for all businesses.
Becca_in_MD
Gold Member
I bought my first Groupon today (if you want to know more, I can probably figure out how to send you a referral link). If you're not familiar with Groupon, a merchant offers a special deal, ie. $40 worth of food for $20 at a restaurant. Enough Groupon members have to buy into the Groupon for it to be a "go." If not enough buy it, then no one gets it.

It got me thinking that it could be a good idea for a promo. It could work like a mystery host thing that enough people need to agree to collect orders for it to work, but then they have to actually do it. Maybe it would be better with a sale idea. Just not sure enough people are familiar with Groupon for them to understand the idea and probably Groupon is copywrighted. Maybe a "I need to sell xxx Deep Covered Bakers for everyone to get a Mix N Chop for free." This could work with the way the host discount levels increases as the sales increase.

Hmmmm....

LOVE groupon, I bought bath junkie $50 gift certificates for $20 :)

I'm sure there are pros and cons to using a Groupon-style promo for a direct sales business. Here are a few thoughts:pros:1. Attracts new customers: Groupon is known for bringing in new customers to businesses. By offering a special deal through the platform, you could potentially attract new customers who may not have heard of your business before.2. Generates buzz: Groupon promotions often generate a lot of buzz and excitement. This can help create a sense of urgency and encourage people to act quickly to take advantage of the deal.3. Increases sales: If enough people buy into the Groupon deal, it can significantly increase your sales for a particular product or service.4. Can be a good way to clear out inventory: If you have excess inventory that you need to move, a Groupon promotion can be a good way to do it.5. Cost-effective marketing: Groupon takes a percentage of the sales, so you only pay for the promotion if it is successful. This can be a cost-effective way to market your business and products.Cons:1. Can be costly: While Groupon may seem like a cost-effective marketing tool, it can actually be quite costly if the promotion doesn't generate enough sales. You may end up losing money on the deal if not enough people buy into it.2. Can attract bargain hunters: Groupon is known for attracting bargain hunters who are only interested in the deal and not necessarily in your business or products. This can result in low-quality customers who may not be interested in purchasing from you again at full price.3. Can devalue your products: By offering a significant discount through a Groupon promotion, you may devalue your products in the eyes of customers. They may start to expect discounts and may not be willing to pay full price in the future.4. May not be a good fit for all businesses: Groupon may work well for certain types of businesses, but it may not be a good fit for all direct sales businesses. It's important to consider your target audience and whether they are likely to use Groupon before implementing this type of promotion.In conclusion, while a Groupon-style promotion may have its pros, it's important to carefully consider the potential cons and whether it is a good fit for your direct sales business before implementing it.

What is "My First Groupon" and how does it work?

"My First Groupon" is a program offered by Pampered Chef for first-time customers. It allows them to purchase a discounted bundle of our most popular products. Customers can redeem their Groupon by following the instructions provided on the voucher.

Can I combine "My First Groupon" with other promotions or discounts?

No, "My First Groupon" cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. It is a stand-alone offer for first-time customers.

What are some effective promotional ideas for "My First Groupon"?

Some effective promotional ideas for "My First Groupon" include promoting it on social media, sending it out in email newsletters to potential customers, and offering it as a referral incentive for current customers to share with their friends and family.

Are there any restrictions on the products included in "My First Groupon"?

The products included in "My First Groupon" may vary depending on availability. However, they will always consist of our most popular and best-selling items.

Is there a limit to how many "My First Groupons" a customer can purchase?

Yes, there is a limit of one "My First Groupon" per customer. This is to ensure that all first-time customers have the opportunity to try out our products at a discounted price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
acdugger
  • Kristinabelle
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies