• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Ideas, Tips, or Thoughts for My First Newsletter?

In summary, Andrea Dugger recommends using Publisher to create a newsletter, including recruiting blurbs and recipes.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Hi guys...

I'm in the process of playing with Publisher tonight in an attempt to make my very first newsletter for January. Does anyone have any ideas, tips, or thoughts on what I should include in the newsletter, and should it be one page, or two, and should it be snail mailed, or emailed?

What works for you? This will be my first newsletter, so I want it to be memorable- and not in a bad way. :)

Thanks in advanced:)

I just do a Monthly Newsletter by email (to save money). I put in the monthly host and guest specials (for the month that i am trying to get bookings for), a product spotlight, sometimes a 'Did You Know?', recipe of the month, and then any incentives/promotions that I am running.

stefani2 said:
I just do a Monthly Newsletter by email (to save money). I put in the monthly host and guest specials (for the month that i am trying to get bookings for), a product spotlight, sometimes a 'Did You Know?', recipe of the month, and then any incentives/promotions that I am running.

What types of incentives and promotions do you run? I've been with PC for about 3.5 months so I'm new at everything. :) Especially newsletters!

If you have a website, make sure to put it on your newsletter. I would suggest doing something to get them to your site. For example, I am doing a scavenger hunt on my site. It's a fun way for people to look around.

If you use Publisher, can you put the newsletter in the body of an email or will you have to include it as an attachment?

If you have to include it as an attachement, you'll probably have a lot of clients who are unable to open it (not everyone has Publisher).

Publisher is great for a snail mail newsletter. If you can, keep this type of newletter to one page (both sides) with the "articles" well spaced so people aren't overwhelmed.

Make yourself a list of what you are trying to accomplish with this newsletter and then create those articles. A few ideas:
-- Happy New Year, thank you for your business in 2007
-- January bookings/Stoneware sale (Host and guest specials)
-- recruiting
-- sales
-- promote your website
-- February bookings (don't talk about these if your January is not booked yet)

Ooo these are all such good ideas! Thank you guys for the help. I started making one last night, and it is much harder than I thought. It took my 3 hours just to come up with a name for the dang thing, and I'm not sure I even like the one I think I am going to go with...

I only send an email newsletter. I don't have the extra money to send hard copies out. I do mine through Constant Contact, although I used to do the newsletter in Word and then use Mail Merge to address it to my mailing list, so that each person got their own copy addressed to only them.

Sections I usually include are:
Current guest special
Current host special (if I need more shows this month, including catalog shows)
Next month's host special
Host Hall of Fame - that month's top host, plus top hosts for catalog, cooking, and fundraiser shows
Recruiting blurb
Recipe (usually a link to my PWS)
Upcoming events - list of upcoming shows and craft/vendor shows
News from HO (like the consumer study that was sent out, etc.)

Many of the items in my newsletter are just a sentence or two, and actually direct people to my PWS to get more info.

I just signed up for Custom Newsletter Designs For Consultants It is only $18 a year and it is very professional. I am a graphic and web designer but thought that the expense is well worth it and will save me time. Check it out--you can get a sample newsletter sent to you.
Andrea Dugger

What are some quick and easy meal ideas for busy weeknights?

One idea is to make a stir-fry using pre-cut veggies and a protein of your choice. Another option is to use a slow cooker to make a hearty soup or stew that can cook while you're at work. Additionally, sheet pan meals where everything is cooked on one pan in the oven are a great time-saving option. You can also try meal prepping on weekends to have ready-made meals for the week.

How can I make healthier versions of my favorite comfort foods?

You can swap out ingredients with healthier alternatives, such as using whole wheat flour instead of white, using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, or using lean ground turkey instead of beef. You can also add extra veggies to dishes, such as blending cauliflower into mac and cheese or adding spinach to lasagna.

What are some creative ways to use leftovers?

You can turn leftover chicken into a chicken salad, use leftover veggies and protein to make a frittata or omelette, or use leftover rice to make fried rice. You can also repurpose leftovers into a new dish, such as using leftover pulled pork to make tacos or using leftover roast beef to make a beef and vegetable stir-fry.

How can I save time and reduce stress when hosting a dinner party or holiday meal?

Plan ahead by making a timeline and shopping list, and doing as much prep work as possible the day before. Consider using slow cookers or make-ahead dishes to free up oven space. You can also ask guests to bring a dish to share or hire a catering service to help with the cooking and cleaning.

What are some fun and unique ways to involve kids in the kitchen?

You can have them help with simple tasks like measuring ingredients or stirring batter, or let them create their own pizza or taco using a variety of toppings. You can also have them help with decorating cookies or making homemade popsicles. Cooking with kids can also be a great opportunity to teach them about nutrition and food safety.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • Skidget
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Tonyphel00
  • esavvymom