• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baked Good to Sell at Church Fundraiser

In summary, our church is having a Memorial Day picnic and they'll be having a silent auction to benefit our Cub Scouts. They had passed around a sign-up for people to put down what they have to donate and I put down that I'd make a baked good and also donate a Season's Best cookbook. I was thinking of making the PB Cup Torte, but I'm not sure how to give it...I don't have a disposable cake taker. Do they sell that at the grocery stores? Maybe I should make something else? I wanted to make an impressive dessert, but I also want it to be easy and not expensive. Any ideas?The torte is a great idea, I would just
babywings76
Gold Member
Our church is having a Memorial Day picnic and they'll be having a silent auction to benefit our Cub Scouts. They had passed around a sign-up for people to put down what they have to donate and I put down that I'd make a baked good and also donate a Season's Best cookbook. I was thinking of making the PB Cup Torte, but I'm not sure how to give it...I don't have a disposable cake taker. Do they sell that at the grocery stores? Maybe I should make something else? I wanted to make an impressive dessert, but I also want it to be easy and not expensive. Any ideas?

These are my 2 most requested desserts (they aren't PC)
I made a batch of each, every Thursday night of football season for 2 years for the Fellowship dinner for the boys and then once a month made them for the coaches and each friday of track seasonboth are inexpensive to make but very impressive. You could put them on a platter from the dollar storeFudge Jumbles (Can also make in the mini muffin pan)
CRUST:
1 cup margarine
2 cups brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
FILLING:
cook the following over low heat until well blended
12 oz chocolate chips
1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
2 TBSP margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp saltCream margarine & sugar in bowl until light and fluffy. add eggs & vanilla. Beat well.
Combine remaining crust ingredients.
Spread 2/3 of the crust mixture onto barpan.
Pour filling over the crust.
Using medium stainless steel scoop add scoops of the crust mixture
Bake for 30 minutes @ 350 . Zach's Granny Maxine's brownies 1 cup salted butter (do not use margarine)2 cups sugar6 TBSP Hershey cocoa1 cup flour4 eggs1/2 tsp. salt2 tsp vanilla1 bag of Kraft miniature marshmallows 1 pkg semi sweet chocolate chips1 cup creamy peanut butter3 cups Rice KrispiesCream sugar, butter, eggs & vanilla. Mix in cocoa, flour & salt.Spread into greased 9 x 13 " pan Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Remove form oven spread marshmallows evenly return to oven until they are melted.In saucepan melt peanut butter and chocolate chips add rice krispies spread over marshmallows.CHILL (this is a very important step)Cut into squares. ENJOY!!

babywings76 said:
Our church is having a Memorial Day picnic and they'll be having a silent auction to benefit our Cub Scouts. They had passed around a sign-up for people to put down what they have to donate and I put down that I'd make a baked good and also donate a Season's Best cookbook. I was thinking of making the PB Cup Torte, but I'm not sure how to give it...I don't have a disposable cake taker. Do they sell that at the grocery stores? Maybe I should make something else? I wanted to make an impressive dessert, but I also want it to be easy and not expensive. Any ideas?

the torte is a great idea, I would just get a cheap plate to put it on!

Those recipes sound great! Thanks for sharing them.I think I'm going to see if there is something at the store. DH said to just buy a cheap plate if there isn't a disposable one. I guess I'll just use toothpicks and saran wrap to cover it?DH also thought I should make 2 of them. One for the dessert (it's a potluck picnic and we have to bring one side dish & one dessert) and one to donate...hoping that people will love it so much that they will bid on the one for sale. :D

sounds like the hubby wants to eat some, and wants to make sure he won't have to bid on it to eat it!!! funny how those guys work

Dollar tree has some great plates. They even had some with dots on them.

1. What types of baked goods are popular for church fundraisers?

Some popular baked goods for church fundraisers include cookies, brownies, cakes, muffins, and breads. These are all items that are easy to transport, can be made in large batches, and appeal to a wide range of tastes.

2. Can I sell homemade baked goods at a church fundraiser?

It is important to check with your local health department and church guidelines to determine if homemade baked goods can be sold at a church fundraiser. In some areas, there may be restrictions on selling homemade goods due to health and safety regulations.

3. How should I package the baked goods for sale?

Baked goods can be packaged in a variety of ways, such as individual bags or containers, or in a larger container for a set price. Make sure to use packaging that is food-safe and visually appealing. You can also include a label with the name of the item and the ingredients for those with allergies.

4. Should I price the baked goods differently for a church fundraiser?

It is common to price baked goods slightly higher for a fundraiser compared to what you would charge for personal sales. This is because the money raised is going towards a good cause. However, make sure the prices are still reasonable and competitive with other baked goods being sold at the fundraiser.

5. How can I make my baked goods stand out at a church fundraiser?

To make your baked goods stand out, consider using creative packaging, labeling them as "homemade" or "made with love," and offering a variety of flavors. You can also set up a display with appealing visuals to catch people's attention and make your items more enticing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• princessmeshelle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • sarahsellcm