• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shows Are Not Even Qualifying!!

In summary, most of the hosts who have hosted recently have not been able to qualify for the $150 gift.
chefsteph07
OMG, this is my second show in two weeks where there were over 5 people at the party and the host has not qualified yet! What is up with that?????
My show from last week I cooked in 100 degree heat and no a/c in the host's house and came away with NO orders in my hand, right now she is at $130 and struggling to qualify...tonight there were 5 people there and she's at about $75! I am disheartened!

Can you combine the 2 shows and each give them something ... like the host special or a discount?

I'm going to wait and see how this one at $130 does, if she is stuck then I will combine it and probably "cohost" them, but then only one would get the special, although I think I have some past hosts who are not going to take theirs, so I can fenagle something. I'm just irritated ya know? I spent the money on postage for the invites, lost a night w/ my family (twice!) and had to waste the gas to get there and now they cant even get enough in orders to get to $150. I am just whining...I should be grateful for the shows I suppose considering how it seems eveyone is struggling, but still! I have a show on Monday and then 2 more cooking shows at the end of the month..but I am having this w/ a few catty shows as well, I have 2 sitting out w/ about $100 in orders each, and here I thought June was going to be a kick butt month for me with the SAT and all..I'll be so mad if I don't hit $1500- here I thought 3k would be no problem! UGH!

chefsteph07 said:
OMG, this is my second show in two weeks where there were over 5 people at the party and the host has not qualified yet! What is up with that?????
My show from last week I cooked in 100 degree heat and no a/c in the host's house and came away with NO orders in my hand, right now she is at $130 and struggling to qualify...tonight there were 5 people there and she's at about $75! I am disheartened!

Steph, I'm so sorry. That really takes a toll on a person's emotions. HUGS to you! Can you combine them into one show and just give a gift of some sort to each host? Just a thought...

I'm very sorry about this, it WILL get better I promise:D

Thanks Kacey, like I said, I think I'm just whining, but geez! I do think I am going to combine them if they cannot qualify and just go from there...fortunately both of the hosts live close enough to me where I can divide their orders and deliver (yet another Pain In The Rear) Oh well, hopefully the remainder of the shows I have will knock these others out!

chefsteph07 said:
Thanks Kacey, like I said, I think I'm just whining, but geez! I do think I am going to combine them if they cannot qualify and just go from there...fortunately both of the hosts live close enough to me where I can divide their orders and deliver (yet another Pain In The Rear) Oh well, hopefully the remainder of the shows I have will knock these others out!
Please, you aren't whining, have ya seen most of my threads? Heck- the mere sight of my name makes regualr cheffers run and hide!

I feel for you. It's just a slump, like I said and has nothing to do with your wonderful self. Just hang in there and feel free to vent and whine all you want. That's what we are here for. :)

Eventually there will be a week with 2 $1000 shows to make up for this one :)

floccies said:
Eventually there will be a week with 2 $1000 shows to make up for this one :)

Yeah, there BETTER BE! LOL

I'll drink to that (now where is that sweet tea?)

Last edited:
I second that!

Now if they don't hit $150 they can't get the host special anyways (right) so let them know that's at least one reason they need to hit $150 and so they shouldn't be disappointed if you have to make them a cohost and the host with more in sales should get the host special. Just an idea...

I am in this boat with you! I just had a show tonight and I walked out the door with $34.50 (retail sales). I know the host withwhom this was booked from is going to get something (host special plus maybe $20) and I think one or two other orders, but DANG IT!!!!!

I had 5 people plus 2 hubbys! Argh! Oh and I forgot to mention the stop sell on the pans (stupid me!!) and one lady only wanted one pan as she's still moving into her new house that has a quarter of the space she had! DARN IT AGAIN! So I told her I'd call her July 1st to place that order and I"d help the host (if it was the make it or break it number).
ARGH!! I only had 2 shows booked and the first turned into $299 (commisionable sales) and now this. No one here wanted June or July shows for some reason. Trust me I've tried- I've bribed people with pick a date/pick a product ($60 and under) and get it for CHEAP- NOTHING!
AAAAARRRGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'll say prayers for all of us!

Oh no! I sooooo know how you feel. My show on the 11th: $139. My show the next night on the 12th: $129.

Hopefully they can pull some extra orders in! (((((hugs))))) to all of us having this issue right now.

I thought I was the only host this happened to!

Mine is at $19.50. I am going to a sidewalk sale and hope to sell enough of my director's "cash and carry" and sell enough on the web site while I am gone to call this a show. If not, I'll toss the order(s) onto my next show.

Steph, I thought I was going to have a similar problem with the one show I did in May, so asked my sister if she wanted to place an order to add to the show. I didn't tell here I needed an order for the show to qualify, just said I was about to close an order, and did she want to get the FC she'd been coveting. Do you have anyone who's been thinking about purchasing something? If you tell them you're about to close the show, this might be an incentive for them to make a quick decision - especially if you also mention this way they only pay $4 s/h, instead of paying more for an individual order.

Another thought - the host who only needs $20 can list her husband, sister, etc, as a guest at the party, and buy $20 in product that way. She'll have to pay full price for it, but at least the show will qualify.

HTH-

Sarah

pampchefsarah said:
Steph, I thought I was going to have a similar problem with the one show I did in May, so asked my sister if she wanted to place an order to add to the show. I didn't tell here I needed an order for the show to qualify, just said I was about to close an order, and did she want to get the FC she'd been coveting. Do you have anyone who's been thinking about purchasing something? If you tell them you're about to close the show, this might be an incentive for them to make a quick decision - especially if you also mention this way they only pay $4 s/h, instead of paying more for an individual order.

Another thought - the host who only needs $20 can list her husband, sister, etc, as a guest at the party, and buy $20 in product that way. She'll have to pay full price for it, but at least the show will qualify.

HTH-

Sarah

Steph,
I agree with Sarah. That was my 1st thought. Ask a family member, close friend or neighbor if they need an item. My mom and neighbor have done that for me and I have offered to pay the $4.00 shipping. Good Luck :)

I am really glad that I am not the only one who is having this problem...every once in a while this has happened so I don't get too worried about it (like last weekend for my first one) but then when it happened AGAIN last night, I was just shocked!

I will probably open it up to my friends, family and customers if they want to place an order I can put it on their show, but really, I think how much of an effort is it to get $150 in orders? I am going to wait till the last minute to see if they can pull something together and then go from there. But, yes, each of them wants a host special, that's the reason they booked in the first place, so they know that is the BARE MINIMUM they have to do to get it.

chefsteph07 said:
I am really glad that I am not the only one who is having this problem...every once in a while this has happened so I don't get too worried about it (like last weekend for my first one) but then when it happened AGAIN last night, I was just shocked!

I will probably open it up to my friends, family and customers if they want to place an order I can put it on their show, but really, I think how much of an effort is it to get $150 in orders? I am going to wait till the last minute to see if they can pull something together and then go from there. But, yes, each of them wants a host special, that's the reason they booked in the first place, so they know that is the BARE MINIMUM they have to do to get it.

I will admit, I have placed a $20 under my own namw or DH name just to make the $150 and then use the item as a door prize for a vendor event or the quarter auctions my direct sales group does. The way I look at is, you get 20% discount if you order as a consultant or you can get the commission off an order. I did the math once and it comes out about the same.

1) With gas, food...EVERYTHING going up is price...are you selling the "features" or the "benefits" ~ If you're not selling the benefits, you need to! You've got to give them ideas WHY they NEED it...saving time, not turning on the oven in the hot summer, ease of using it, "even your kids could do this," making backing a snap, etc.

2) Host coaching ~ are you doing it? I'm finding my team who are in the same situation as you, they aren't. Attendance is not going to be a miraculous happening. You need to coach them how to get a big crowd. I coach my hosts to ONLY worry about getting 15-18 people there and outside orders from those who can't make it. And doing this it's not like "you need to have 15 people there..."

It's more like "Suzy, how many are you expecting so far? (she will give you a number) Oh, that's a GREAT start. Did you send out all 40 invitations? Because you know, less than half will be able to come. (wait and listen) I want you to get a LOTS of FREE products, don't you? (wait/listen) If they say no, then you know their goal. If they saw yes, you'll say, "GREAT! Then you'll need to call everyone who said they are coming to bring their Mom, sister, friend with them, and I'll give them a gift. This is an EASY way to get more people at your party. If you do ONE thing, this is the MOST IMPORTANT, call EVERYONE you invited 1-2 days before your party date, REMIND THEM to come, "are you coming," and bring someone with you and get a gift from me (consultant)!"

Lots of time they want to focus on the recipe...I'll tell them not to worry about the recipe, it's the attendance you want to focus on.

3) Are YOU having FUN at the party? If you're not, chances are they are either. Use humor lines, interactive, got those products in their hands!

4) Are you rushing out the door? Are you announcing "let me make it EASY for YOU, I'll be taking your orders in the (area) and I'll calculate your total for you, that's my job!" If they aren't coming over, go to each person...it's YOUR JOB.

5) Are you making a CONNECTION with each guest? Are you mingling with them? This makes them more comfortable with you. A GREAT way to do this is USE NAME TAGS. I don't know about you, but I am terrible with remembering names. Name tags have made a big difference for me.

HTH ~

frozenchef said:
Now if they don't hit $150 they can't get the host special anyways (right) so let them know that's at least one reason they need to hit $150 and so they shouldn't be disappointed if you have to make them a cohost and the host with more in sales should get the host special. Just an idea...
I agree with this. The one at $130 is at least closer to her show and should get the host special.

I have a show from last month that is only at $100 that won't even call me to close her show. I'm trying one last time this morning otherwise I'm adding the orders to my sister's show. The worst part is that she really wanted to sign but won't call me back about her show! If I do get a hold of her and she doesn't have any more orders then I will give her the unlimited discount on my sister's show and call it a wash.

Ginny, these are really great suggestions..I find I am doing most of them...
As far as attendence, it is all over the board, last month I had an average of about 10 guests and that was great (one had over 20 guests!), now my show from last night she said she was close to 10 guests, but right when I got to her house there was a NASTY storm that I have a feeling contributed to the decline in attendance. Same w/ last weekend, we were in a major heatwave and the host had no a/c, so I don't know if that had something to do w/ it.

I definitely focused last night on the "keep the heat out of the kitchen" aspect, did the fajitas in the dcb in the microwave, (got 2 bookings from it) but the sales just weren't there. One girl booked bc she didn't have money to buy anything and saw alot of things she liked...

I'm a little worried about my shows too! I have 3 coming up and hope they go well! We have just had a lot of layoff is my area - 300 from one plant just south of us! I spoke to another host who said all of her friends would not be able to order anything now because of their financial situation. She said one of the husband's had to take a 20% pay cut besides the prices.

That being said, I do think there are people still out there with money, we just have to go find them:)!

wadesgirl said:
I agree with this. The one at $130 is at least closer to her show and should get the host special.

I have a show from last month that is only at $100 that won't even call me to close her show. I'm trying one last time this morning otherwise I'm adding the orders to my sister's show. The worst part is that she really wanted to sign but won't call me back about her show! If I do get a hold of her and she doesn't have any more orders then I will give her the unlimited discount on my sister's show and call it a wash.

When you do this do you run into problems with the tax amount? I've found that I have a catelog show going and the host address is 9% however if she lived by me it would be 8.75%. So I guess if you originally were looking to do it with one host and add it to another one due to a host being MIA, do you keep the tax alone and make up the difference which isn't much? I hope this makes sense :)

I know how you feel. I have been a consultant now for a little over 30 days and I am really struggling to get shows. I had one show that only made $74 and another that was barely under, so I bought something to make it $150. Then two shows cancelled because the hosts couldn't get anyone to come. I have only had three shows and my next show isn't until August. I can't get anyone to book a show! Everyone is really hurting with this gas increase, so no one wants to buy anything. The sad thing is, I know EXACTLY how they feel......I too am having a hard time. That is why I became a consultant. I just didn't realize, it was going to be this hard. I went to a Home Expo and set up there, we didn't get but a handful of people to come to it. I didn't get anyone to book a party and I even was giving out "free" parties. It has been very frustrating.

Last edited:
Word choice can make a tremendous difference when discussing the economy. During my Host Coaching, I'm sharing with my hosts that DH and I are eating out less...and we're a little surprised at how much money we're saving because of it. (This usually generates a nod in agreement.)

From there I comment how everyone seems to be spending more time in the kitchen right now (more nodding). I then share something that I am seeing at most of shows, people are paying more attention to the quality (or lack thereof) of the kitchen tools they have. PC provides a great value and unbeatable customer service... how great that my host is giving her friends the opportunity to take a hard look at our products. \

As I tell my hosts, ours is so much more than a home party. Life is so busy these days, that it's hard to make time to be with friends. Our shows give the host and her friends the opportunity to get together while purchasing products that improve the quality of their time in the kitchen. If your host sees this, she can make a huge difference in the tone of your show.

Honestly, now is the time for folks who used to never buy PC to start doing so now.

FunCookn said:
I know how you feel. I have been a consultant now for a little over 30 days and I am really struggling to get shows. I had one show that only made $74 and another that was barely under, so I bought something to make it $150. Then two shows cancelled because the hosts couldn't get anyone to come. I have only had three shows and my next show isn't until August. I can't get anyone to book a show! Everyone is really hurting with this gas increase, so no one wants to buy anything. The sad thing is, I know EXACTLY how they feel......I too am having a hard time. That is why I became a consultant. I just didn't realize, it was going to be this hard. I went to a Home Expo and set up there, we didn't get but a handful of people to come to it. I didn't get anyone to book a party and I even was giving out "free" parties. It has been very frustrating. This economy is hurting us all!!

Hang in there. It sometimes takes a few shows to start getting things to flow. Review the threads here that talk about increasing bookings and listen to some of the tele-classes available thru PC. Don't let the 'no's' get to you...the more no's you get, the closer to a yes you are. (I don't mean that lightly...I was in your boat a few months ago when I moved to a town where I knew no one.) Don't focus on the negatives and don't view the economy as your enemey...it can be your best freind right now.

legacypc46 said:
Word choice can make a tremendous difference when discussing the economy. During my Host Coaching, I'm sharing with my hosts that DH and I are eating out less...and we're a little surprised at how much money we're saving because of it. (This usually generates a nod in agreement.)

From there I comment how everyone seems to be spending more time in the kitchen right now (more nodding). I then share something that I am seeing at most of shows, people are paying more attention to the quality (or lack thereof) of the kitchen tools they have. PC provides a great value and unbeatable customer service... how great that my host is giving her friends the opportunity to take a hard look at our products. \

As I tell my hosts, ours is so much more than a home party. Life is so busy these days, that it's hard to make time to be with friends. Our shows give the host and her friends the opportunity to get together while purchasing products that improve the quality of their time in the kitchen. If your host sees this, she can make a huge difference in the tone of your show.

Honestly, now is the time for folks who used to never buy PC to start doing so now.

Oh my - this is the best! I love your wording....I am going to copy it, and use it for all of my host coaching today!!!!:thumbup:

What happens when your show doesn't qualify? I have a catalog show turning in today that didn't hit $150... do the hosts still get the host special? Obviously she isn't going to earn any free goodies.

IAmChefJ said:
What happens when your show doesn't qualify? I have a catalog show turning in today that didn't hit $150... do the hosts still get the host special? Obviously she isn't going to earn any free goodies.

If it doesn't hit $150 - then it's not considered a show. Which means that you won't be able to turn it in as a show. The orders would have to be turned in as individual orders, and charged individual shipping charges. The host would not get any benefits - including the host bonus, or the host discount.

If the host is close to $150, it's in her best interest, and yours, and the guests, to try to get another order or 2 so that the show will qualify.

updateJust a quick update...my show I had first that I walked away w/ no orders is closing at a little over $300, so I'm pretty happy w/ that...my one from Fri that didn't qualify...well, the host called me yesterday stating she had "bad news" and that she didn't think she was going to get any more orders- right now she's at $90 in orders, I was running out the door so I told her I'd call her today, but I think I'm going to tell her I'll put her orders on another show I have going in and she can take whatever she wants for the unlimited discount.

I had a show on Monday who should make it to about $600 at the end of the week so I hope to have at least the $1500 for SAT. But I"m disappointed. I really thought I'd hit 3k w/ the amount of "shows" on my calendar this month. Oh well, can't complain about whatever for FREE product, and I've got a few more bookings so I guess it was worth it!

chefsteph07 said:
Just a quick update...my show I had first that I walked away w/ no orders is closing at a little over $300, so I'm pretty happy w/ that...my one from Fri that didn't qualify...well, the host called me yesterday stating she had "bad news" and that she didn't think she was going to get any more orders- right now she's at $90 in orders, I was running out the door so I told her I'd call her today, but I think I'm going to tell her I'll put her orders on another show I have going in and she can take whatever she wants for the unlimited discount.

I had a show on Monday who should make it to about $600 at the end of the week so I hope to have at least the $1500 for SAT. But I"m disappointed. I really thought I'd hit 3k w/ the amount of "shows" on my calendar this month. Oh well, can't complain about whatever for FREE product, and I've got a few more bookings so I guess it was worth it!

It's been a tough month! My shows still open are at $328, $230, $159, and $151. Closed one that barely made $150, and one decent one at almost $800. I also have my Mystery Host Catalog Show that should help....and a show tomorrow night. That's it - because we are leaving for vacation and won't be back until the 1st of July. So, there is still a chance I'll make $3000 - but it's a slim chance! Last year, with the same # of shows, I had $4700 in sales!:eek:

chefsteph07 said:
my one from Fri that didn't qualify...well, the host called me yesterday stating she had "bad news" and that she didn't think she was going to get any more orders- right now she's at $90 in orders, I was running out the door so I told her I'd call her today, but I think I'm going to tell her I'll put her orders on another show I have going in and she can take whatever she wants for the unlimited discount.

Personally ...please do not take this the wrong way...but I wish consultants would not do this. A few reasons:

1) the message you are sending is: "that's okay you didn't qualify...here's the reward anyway."
2) then these hosts have another party with another consultant ~ same thing, doesn't qualify ~ "but I got the unlimited discount at my last party that didn't qualify." I'm NOT going to give them the discount.
3) HO gives rewards to host when they DO the job they are suppose to get them

Again, this is my opinion, PLEASE do not take it as an attack...just an opinion.

BTW ~ Steph...glad you made the first level of SAT!!! Yahoo!

Ginny, I do understand what you mean, but my thought behind it was that if she took a few items I'd at least be making a little commission off it. She doesn't get any other "benefits" from the show, plus she did buy the food for it, etc. She HAD a show, just no one came and it didn't qualify. I don't want to leave her totally out in the cold for that.

I have two in the same situation! Some of it is due to my lack of Host Coaching, but some of it is because those two hosts are lazy slugs that aren't willing to work for anything! -Venting

I have improved my Coaching skills, but would love to get more ideas and ways to grow!

My shows the last 2 months have completely STUNK!!! I've never had this problem in the 4+ years that I've been doing PC. I do like the word choices that legacypc46 listed. Maybe I'll try more of that angle/wording. Something has got to change. I've actually never before worried about my sales, because they've just always come and have always been there. That's not the case now.

I had a show last night that is at $187.00- thank god someone bought the baker, but I'm at least happy that it QUALIFIED, especially since the host said she didn't think she was getting any more orders...
However, good thing, 5 guests and 3 bookings! whoo hoo, I'm pretty happy about that!

Related to Shows Are Not Even Qualifying!!

1. Why are my shows not qualifying even with over 5 people in attendance?

There could be a few reasons for this. It's possible that the guests are not interested in purchasing Pampered Chef products at the moment, or perhaps the host did not do enough to promote the show and encourage guests to make purchases. It's also possible that the guests did make purchases, but they were not enough to reach the qualifying amount. It's important to work closely with the host to ensure they are actively promoting the show and encouraging guests to make purchases.

2. What can I do to increase the chances of my shows qualifying?

There are a few things you can do to help increase the likelihood of your shows qualifying. First, make sure to work closely with the host to promote the show and encourage guests to attend. You can also offer incentives or special deals for guests who make purchases. Additionally, try to make the show as engaging and interactive as possible to keep guests interested and excited about the products.

3. What should I do if I have a show with no orders?

This can be disheartening, but it's important to remember that not every show will be a success. If you have a show with no orders, try to identify any potential issues such as a lack of promotion or disinterested guests. Use this as a learning experience and make adjustments for future shows.

4. How can I help my host reach the qualifying amount?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, it's important to work closely with your host to help them reach the qualifying amount. Offer tips and suggestions for promoting the show, provide incentives for guests, and make sure to have a variety of products available for guests to purchase. Also, make sure to be a supportive and encouraging presence for your host throughout the show.

5. What should I do if my host is struggling to qualify?

If your host is having trouble reaching the qualifying amount, try to offer support and encouragement. You can also offer to extend the show for a few more days to give the host more time to promote and reach out to potential guests. Additionally, consider offering a special deal or discount for guests to help boost sales. Remember to be patient and understanding with your host, as they are also invested in the success of the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • candiejayne
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
  • pc_jessica
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies