• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Explain What a Qualifying Show Is?

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of hosts not meeting the minimum sales requirement for their shows to qualify for host benefits. Some participants share their strategies for dealing with this situation, such as adding the orders to other shows or personally meeting with the host to increase sales. It is also mentioned that hosts should be informed of the sales requirement upfront to avoid disappointment.
sillylittlechef
I have had a few catty shows and even a show or two that didn't qualify. I have always added to these orders to qualify so that the host doesn't get upset. I am really tired of having to add to a show just to make it qualify. I mean I am thankful to the host for doing a show and those were orders I didn't have before, but I don't think it is worth it to add to a show in these cases. So my question to everyone is this:

How would you explain to a host that there show didn't qualify so they won't be getting any benefits for collecting orders?
What do or would you do if they got upset?
and
What do you do with those orders?

I always tell catty hosts that they must have $150 in guest sales before tax & shipping to get any hostess benefits. For the handful that have not made it, I've either added them to other shows or put them through as individual orders.

I only had one cooking show not make it. THat host was so clueless. I took the orders and was able to add to them and turn it in, but the benefits were all mine because she did NOTHING to even TRY to collect more orders. I had it shipped to me and dropped off all the things that her guests ordered for her to distribute.

I put this in with the Host Planner. It helped with last season's HPs because there is less to read.

HTH

Attachments

• How your Host Rewards Program works.doc
    20 KB · Views: 626
I make sure to talk to them about the host specials and make sure that they understand that completely. One of my cluster mates actually sits down with her hostesses and is able to go over the pack with them. She actually has really high shows. Her last few shows were 1000+. Maybe just being more personal with your host?

Only two shows of mine have actually not made the mark. Of course I am only on show 8. but 1 catalog show and 1 cooking show didn't meet our expectations. They tried really really hard to get that goal but it was right before christmas and the people that they associate with didn't love Pampered Chef as much as they did. So ... I just added them together and paid for host benefits for one of them and that way they were both rewarded for their efforts... HTH

What if someone wants to place one $150 order to qualify as a catalog show? Can we submit a show with just one order? I thought I read somewhere there was a minimum number of orders....but maybe not?

This is touchy because the person asking is from a group who tend to place three figure orders at shows. I want to give them what they are entitled to, but not hurt hosts either.

Advice?

... Hm... I think they can. I just don't know how they actually do that?

stephanie...are you there?I'm stumped too! Hey Stephanie....here's hoping you see this thread...you are the queen of catalog shows! Can you answer my question?

Thanks!
kris

legacypc46 said:
What if someone wants to place one $150 order to qualify as a catalog show? Can we submit a show with just one order? I thought I read somewhere there was a minimum number of orders....but maybe not?

This is touchy because the person asking is from a group who tend to place three figure orders at shows. I want to give them what they are entitled to, but not hurt hosts either.

Advice?

If you have one person wanting to place a $150 order to qualify as a show, ask to meet her in person. See if there's anything she's interested in seeing in person before she finalizes her order and "demo" it. If she doesn't mind put her husband as the larger order and her as the host w/benefits.

Because you met with her in person and she has an order large enough to qualify as a show, you can basically claim it as an Express Cooking Show. If you explain it as that I"m sure she wouldn't mind meeting with you for 10-30 minutes to get the Host Rewards and the 10% Past Host ID.

I have only had 10 or so shows. Out of those I have only had one not qualify. It was a catalog show. When I do any kind of show during the first call I explain how much they need for the show to qualify. My show that didn't qualify was way off so I added it to another show and she completely understood. She only worked with a few women and someone had just been through with a catalog show. Always explain up front what they need to sell for the show to qualify.

I did want to add, that some hostess' will try their best to qualify! A lady I work with was 20 bucks away, and she was going to order something in her husband's name and she just happened to see her sister in law and she ended up having a $250 catalog show! Her sister in law ordered that much!

Lots of times the HOST will add if it is less than $50. Otherwise, I will sometimes add other single orders to help out, but if she didn't do the work, I'm not doing it for her. Our program is SO incredibly generous, ultimately low sales come down to lousy host coaching.

What is a qualifying show?

A qualifying show is a party or event where a host invites guests to learn about and purchase Pampered Chef products. It is considered "qualifying" because it meets certain requirements, such as having a minimum amount of sales or number of guests, to earn the host rewards and benefits offered by Pampered Chef.

What are the benefits of hosting a qualifying show?

As a host, you can earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host specials. You can also enjoy a fun and interactive cooking experience with your friends and family, and have the opportunity to try out new Pampered Chef products.

How do I know if my show qualifies for host rewards?

Your Pampered Chef consultant will provide you with all the information you need to know about hosting a qualifying show. They will go over the requirements and help you plan and prepare for a successful show.

Can I host a qualifying show online?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers the option to host virtual shows, where you can invite your friends and family to join an online party and shop for Pampered Chef products. Your consultant will guide you through the process and help you earn the same host rewards as an in-person show.

What should I expect at a qualifying show?

At a qualifying show, you can expect to have a fun and interactive cooking experience with your friends and family. Your consultant will showcase Pampered Chef products and you will have the opportunity to try them out and ask questions. You can also expect to earn host rewards and have a great time with your guests!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lcrx
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies