• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Show's That Don't Qualify - What Do You Do?

In summary, if a show does not qualify for Pampered Chef, the consultant should go back to the customers and ask for more money. If the show does not hit the $150, the consultant should add the orders to the show to make it hit that amount.
avelissar
One of my biggest fears with Pampered Chef, is that I will have a show that does not qualify (reach $150 in sales). What do you do then? My concern is the shipping and handling charge. Outside of a show, this is more costly. Do you go back to your customers, and ask for more money, or do you pay the difference yourself?

Andrea

You should go back to your customers and tell them to see if they still want it sent in with the more costly shipping. You can always add any individual orders you might have to it to boost it up to the $150, or add something you may need. Good luck.I have learned from this site never to charge one penny more on someone's charge card without asking them first as someone used a debit card and it bounced several other checks, apparently, and they wanted the consultant to pay all the outrageous fees.

I have only had a couple of shows that didn't at least qualify. When that happened, I told the host that there needed to be at least $150 in orders, otherwise each of their guests would be charged extra shipping. It is the host's responsibility to make sure the show qualifies. I would not pay the extra shipping myself. That sets a dangerous precedent.If the host doesn't get the additional sales, contact each ordering guest and ask what they want to do.

There is always the possibility that one of the guests will add on to their order when you call them.

I do not think in over 2 years I have ever had one that did not qualify. I have some that have been VERY close but they have pulled through.

jrstephens said:
I do not think in over 2 years I have ever had one that did not qualify. I have some that have been VERY close but they have pulled through.

Wow, you are lucky!
I've had a few more than I'd like not qualify...it's an awful feeling...
Sometimes if it's just a couple orders, I combine them and ship them to the host, that way the shipping isn't really more.

If the orders combined are over what it is going to cost for shipping then I'd call the guests and tell them. Maybe you can add those orders onto another show you have going in so they don't have to add extra costs for shipping. I always think it's not fair to them, since they were invited to a party, they either came or ordered and then they have to eat the cost of everyone else not coming or ordering.

I've had 2 real close calls. They were both friends of mine and I think they weren't very motivated to have successful shows. I tried to get them excited, but I think they either didn't really care about how successful the shows were or they had other things going on in their lives, that this was a low priority item. Luckily I had a few outside orders of my own that I got and added them on to their shows to get them to qualify.

My question is what do you do if the order came through your PWS on a show- and that show didn't qualify. What do you do then? I had that happen this month and I'm new....so 'my husband' ordered a few things to get it to the $150 mark. I can see moving items that you are entering manually into P3, but what about those that came through the website?

If the show doesn't hit the $150 and the host says that's all she can get and doesn't want to add to it herself I do one of the following (I tell all hosts involved what I am doing even if the show is shipped to me). I do not go back to the guests because it's not THEIR fault that the host didn't make the show minimum.

1. If I have a show shipping to me (or close by) I will add the orders to that show. I add the person who didn't make the $150 as the co-host (her friends will use her name if calling PC later to use the warranty) and I offer her the show discount on her order. She usually makes out and the host of the "good" show makes out because it often puts her to a new level.

2. If I have two shows that end close to each other and neither makes the $150 I put them together as co-hosts and split the benefits between the two. You can only do that if one is a cooking show since catalog shows can't have co-hosts.

3. If I have stray orders I add them to the show to get it to the minimum and have it shipped to me.

4. If I don't have any of the above I will combine the orders and put them all in the host's name and have it shipped to her. The few times this has happened the shipping paid was enough (if it was over the actual cost I put the difference on RoundUp). If it wasn't enough I'd just pay the difference myself.

esavvymom said:
My question is what do you do if the order came through your PWS on a show- and that show didn't qualify. What do you do then? I had that happen this month and I'm new....so 'my husband' ordered a few things to get it to the $150 mark. I can see moving items that you are entering manually into P3, but what about those that came through the website?

I print the orders off the website when I mark them reviewed in case there's a glitch with the transfer to the show. That way I have the CC number for manual entry so I already have the info to put it on a different show as outlined in my last posting.

If you have such an order already downloaded and not available to print just call the host and say that you need the card again because of a glitch (the glitch is that the order needs to move to a different host's show). Tell her what happened or don't - I personally don't want to embarrass her friend who hosted and failed. People understand such things and are actually glad to hear that our system is so secure that even the consultant can't access the CC number.

Wow, this is new to me. I just joined PC and have only done one show. I did not know that there was a minimum order. So, if I order something to get the $ up, do I get my 20% discount?

Lynda, the way I see it, you do, you'll get commission back on it, but you have to pay upfront first. Am I right girls?

Yes, you have to pay out of pocket and then you get commission on it.My lowest show ever was $24!

Winnipegk said:
Yes, you have to pay out of pocket and then you get commission on it.

My lowest show ever was $24!

All I can say to that is... :eek:

ChefJoyJ said:
All I can say to that is... :eek:

Yeah and she had 5 people there!! Although I did get one recruit out of it - and her first show was $150 in sales and then over $100 in orders cancelled! It was an odd group! haha

My lowest show was zero and it was one of my first. Both guests booked.

My second lowest show was last week ... nobody showed but the host had a $25 order plus $8 in squares from the same person. She is a friend of mine so we just made the recipes for practice.

So far, I have obtained over $120 in orders, just from people I know and craft fairs. So I'm not qualifying either. Both of us are combining the show. She's getting the free products and I'm getting the stoneware. All she REALLY wants is the bamboo so I will probably get a cookbook.

I always make sure I tell the host up front (the first time we talk) that the show has to be $150 in order to qualify as a show. That way she'll go ahead and work on outside orders. Usually the guests have ordered what they can afford to order and won't add anything to it just to get the show to qualify. That's my experience anyway. So I make sure the host starts on outside orders as soon as I get her a hostess packet and that way we don't have to worry about it.
The only show I had that didn't qualify was a housewarming. It was a couple who were moving in together (not getting married) and the mother of the girl wanted her to have a housewarming. She invited both sides of the family but only one person from the girls side came. The show ended at $108. I told them it had to be $150 for me to submit it so the mother ordered a few more things and the girl added some to it. It finally reached around $180. The mother was more disappointed than the girl because no one from their side of the family bought her anything. The one person who did come had a gift with her and she didn't buy her any PC. She was just coming for the food I guess.

I have had this occur once, and I had a catalog show that wasnt qualifying, so I added it to a cooking show that I had recently held, and since all the purchases were being shipped to the buyers anyway, it worked out awesome!

I had one show that I got $0 in sales. I did a Sundae show and a bunch of people showed up with their kids, ate all my ice cream, and promised they would order something on payday. After several attempts to contact them, I gave up.

I had another that I only had one person show up to and they spent $12.

I had another show that had $100 in sales. I added the $12 to that order and added something I needed for myself to it. The host didn't have any money the day I made her close her show, because it was the last day of the month and I knew she wasn't going to get anymore orders and it had been two weeks since her show. I gave her the benefits despite the fact that the show was a failure. (My mother-in-law was the only one who bought anything from her show.) I had the show shipped to myself because she didn't pay me for the products. I gave her items to my mother-in-law and told her to give them to my host when she paid her after several attempts to collect the money myself. (The woman was a friend of my mother-in-law.) My mother-in-law ended up giving her the products after she promised to pay for them on payday. She didn't. I lost about $100 on this show.

These all happened in one month. I also had two cancellations that month.

The lowest performing shows tend to be my own ...I confess to either holding it open until I can scare up the orders ... or order something myself to take it to the next level. I suppose I could combine them together and split the shipping on an outside order.

What would you do with a fundraiser that didn't qualify? Just got back from one for a pre-school. She told me they were expecting 20. Only three turned up. All staff. She then said that NOONE had confirmed they were coming, she'd guessed at the number.So far orders are at £60 (UK shows qualify at £125). I've suggested she tries to drum up orders, but am a bit annoyed about it. As despite thorough host coaching, she lied to me! I paid for the ingredients too, so I'm way out of pocket on it already. If she doesn't get the orders up to qualification what you do?

1. What qualifies as a "Show That Doesn't Qualify"?

A "Show That Doesn't Qualify" refers to an event that does not meet the necessary requirements to be considered a Pampered Chef party. This could include events such as vendor fairs, fundraisers, or events where the host does not have a specific date in mind for their party.

2. What should I do if I have a "Show That Doesn't Qualify"?

If you have a "Show That Doesn't Qualify," you can still earn rewards by hosting a virtual party or collecting orders from friends and family. You can also contact your consultant for more information and alternative options.

3. Can I still earn host rewards for a "Show That Doesn't Qualify"?

No, unfortunately, host rewards can only be earned for qualifying parties. However, there are alternative options available for you to still earn rewards, such as hosting a virtual party or collecting orders from friends and family.

4. How can I avoid having a "Show That Doesn't Qualify"?

To avoid having a "Show That Doesn't Qualify," make sure to carefully read the guidelines for hosting a Pampered Chef party and discuss with your consultant before planning an event. Also, be sure to have a specific date in mind for your party before booking.

5. What are the benefits of hosting a qualifying party with Pampered Chef?

When you host a qualifying party with Pampered Chef, you can earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host rewards. You also have the opportunity to try out new products and recipes, and have a fun and interactive cooking experience with your friends and family. Plus, you'll be supporting a small business and helping your consultant reach their goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sillylittlechef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Pedey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • kcmckay