• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Low-Performing Show: My Experience and Lessons Learned

In summary, this participant's show was lower than anticipated, but fortunately two of the attendees signaled an interest in booking more shows.
gailz2
Gold Member
UGH! I just returned from my lowest show. It sits at $216 right now. I arrived at the house, and the host explained she had a TERRIBLE hangover. Oh joy. Her boyfriend had also dumped her 5 weeks ago. Oh joy. The party was okay -- I did it all myself, but asked her to go nuke something for me. Then, when people were ordering, she left. I had hardly spoken with her at all as she and her girlfriend were spending the pre-party time going over all the drama from the night before.

The participants, most who had been at her sister's show two months ago, ordered little (I was so worried it wouldn't qualify as a party). Then it got better. Two of them actually want to have shows (and I don't think they'll be hung over -- they are very anxious for their upcoming shows). So, I guess all was not a loss. Who would have known.

Just needed to vent.:eek:

I said she left, but she apparently had gone outside and was trying to figure out ways to get back with her boyfriend with his mom and grandmother. The party is being kept open for a week as she may get an outside order or tow.

What a downer---at least two bookings!! That's uplifting!!

Bless and Release, and here's to no more shows like that!!

Well, on the bright side... it's qualified! ;)

I have left shows where it's not even at $150 :O! Hang in there! Good luck!

Yes, thankfully it qualified and there appear to be two really good bookings. I was slightly appalled that she was so hung over and not a good host to anyone. Luckily most of them were relatives, otherwise I'd have been pretty embarrassed even though it wasn't me.

heat123 said:

exactly. I had to buy stuff for myself in my first two shows JUST to get it to qualify - so it could've been worse. LOL :grumpy::)

I once had a show where we mailed over 30 invitations. Three relatives showed up. One ordered one item! That order ended up getting canceled later! I drove an hour each way to do the show! I would have been thrilled with your results that day!!!

Sorry you had to go through all that drama, but like someone already said Bless and Release.

whoa! Now that is BAD!! wholey moley!

Stampaholic1961 said:
I once had a show where we mailed over 30 invitations. Three relatives showed up. One ordered one item! That order ended up getting canceled later! I drove an hour each way to do the show! I would have been thrilled with your results that day!!!

Now, that's a STUMPER!:eek: Hopefully you have never had another like that one!:yuck:

heat123 said:
Now, that's a STUMPER!:eek: Hopefully you have never had another like that one!:yuck:

Nope, that is the only one...thank goodness!!

Look at the positive side: She kept her show, there were sales and you did get bookings. Sounds like a great show to me. I had a show last week where I drove 50 minute there and back for $55 in sales and it never made it into a show. The host just combined her orders with a friend who had a party the next week. Don't get so down about this "bad" show.

heat123 said:

My first 3 shows I had to make my show qualify by using my commission lol

At least you got the bookings thats GREAT!

I definitely wouldn't be unhappy about $216! Geez...I had 4 catalog shows cancel on me on October 30th! One moved to November but the other 3 cancelled completely! I would have loved any of those to be $150 even!

Thank you for all the kind words of inspiration. I should not complain, I know. I have my busiest two months ahead and am thankful for that!

1. What do I do if I just had my lowest show?

If you just had your lowest show, don't panic! It happens to everyone. The first thing you should do is analyze what may have caused the low sales. Did you have a small guest list? Was the event not promoted well? Once you identify the issue, try to come up with a plan to prevent it from happening again in the future.

2. Should I be worried about my low sales?

While low sales can be discouraging, it's important to remember that one low show does not define your entire business. It's also important to note that each show is different and can vary in sales. As long as you continue to work hard and learn from your experiences, you will see growth in your business.

3. Can I still earn rewards and incentives with a low show?

Yes, you can still earn rewards and incentives with a low show. Pampered Chef has a variety of ways to earn rewards, such as booking additional shows or reaching certain sales goals. Don't let one low show stop you from working towards your goals.

4. How can I turn my lowest show into a successful one?

There are a few ways to turn a low show into a successful one. First, make sure you are promoting your event well and inviting enough guests. You can also offer incentives or discounts to encourage guests to make purchases. Additionally, engaging with your audience and providing a fun and informative demonstration can help increase sales.

5. Is there any support or resources available to help me improve my shows?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources and support to help you improve your shows. We have training materials, webinars, and a supportive community of consultants that are always willing to offer tips and advice. You can also reach out to your upline or our customer service team for additional help and guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Bill Faber