• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Pampered Chef Show in Hurricane-Damaged Area: Lessons Learned

In summary, the speaker had their first show on Saturday from 1-3 in an area damaged by a hurricane. They had 40 invites but only 9 guests showed up. The speaker made a Spinach and Artichoke ring and used various Pampered Chef products. However, they struggled to hold the audience's attention as they were more interested in discussing home damage and insurance. The speaker also experienced some difficulties with volunteer and a difficult customer. Despite this, they received 1 booking and 1 potential order. Other Pampered Chef consultants offered words of encouragement and reassurance that future shows will be better. The speaker also mentioned the importance of practice and learning from mistakes.
kristyjab
I had my first show this Saturday from 1-3. I am from around Houston and my show was in an area that was damaged really badly from the hurricane. My friend/host asked me for 40 invites and 9 guests showed up. Guess that isnt terrible. Anyways everyone there had heard of Pampered Chef and NOBODY wanted to be my volunteer. One told me"I thought you were cooking, not us." So then my host read the recipe out loud to me, I volunteered her. I made the Spinach and Artichoke ring which I have made atleast 10 times so I knew it would come out good, which it did, thank goodness. I used the food chopper, can strainer, garlic press, stoneware, egg seperator. But I could not hold anyone's attention to save my life! All they were talking about was home damage, insurance, FEMA, etc. Understandable. I did give the ladies a index card so if they liked anything I used to jot it down and not write on the order form again. Then I had a lady argue with me about the adjustable measuring spoons, that they looked too big, so we then proceeded to measure and ofcourse the spoons were right. I also used the cards where you write down your contact info and I drew a name for a tiny door prize, in which I asked before I started cooking for (host drew) I got ripped a new one bc one lady didnt get her name in the drawing (and she had no intentions of even placing an order, made that clear when she arrived). I apologized and smiled, didnt know what else to do. Other than that I took way to many items to show, and my show was over in 1.5 hrs. I did get 1 booking and 1 potential from an outside order. Of the 9 ladies, 5 placed an order.

Congrats on getting through your first show! I can't believe the contentious ladies you had, but I'm sure that is not the norm. Keep your chin up and I hope it turns out to be a successful show for you. One booking already sounds pretty good!

Congratulations on your first show. You survived it with a story to tell. That's not too bad. I promise it will get better.

You made it! No show will ever have to be "your first" again! Congrats!

Don't worry about it. The next one will be better. Shame on that lady for being a downer - she probably has something going on in her life and it wasn't really directed at you, you just happened to be convenient.

Congratulations you have it out of the way. Now you have to focus on how you can make it better. Learn from your mistakes.

Practice your shows at home or where you can to improve them. Know that they will get much better and so will you.

Congrats it's over!!!! Shows will be up and down. Luckily the good ones usually outweigh the bad ones! LOL

Now go contact those potential bookings!

Aren't first shows just wonderful?!?
Take it with a grain of salt and move on. You'll get a grove going and find out what works for you the more shows you do.

Congrats!!!
Sorry that things didn't go as smoothly as you wanted! Practice makes perfect but you'll always have those crowds that are a bit more difficult than others! It sounds as if you kept your cool and our products stood the test ...so, that is great!!
Just know that if your very first show proved to be a bit difficult and you still came out standing up, you can do this...NO PROBLEM!!
I hope you have a HUGE show from the booking you got and that you can add another one or two to your calendar from this!
One booking is GREAT!!! Take pride in that! You did a GREAT job!
Now we will all pray that the hateful lady doesn't come to the next show!!

My first show was similar- I invited around 40, 15 showed up, and only 6 placed orders (I think that's how it went). But I also got 4 outside orders- so my show ended up being a little over $400. Not bad for my first time. I also got 1 booking and 2 potential bookings.

Things get easier as you go along- just keep up the good work!

Whew! I thought my first was a downer. I invited about 30-40 and ONE showed up! At least she was nice and did order a knife and cutting board. Combined that with a couple of orders I had from family and friends and added on the big cutting board that husband didn't know he wanted and the show just barely qualified. Needless to say no leads or bookings from it, but it was still my first!

1. What does it mean if my first Pampered Chef show went "okay"?

If your first Pampered Chef show went "okay," it typically means that the overall experience was positive, but there may have been some areas for improvement. Your guests may have enjoyed themselves and purchased some products, but there may have been some hiccups or challenges during the show.

2. Is it normal for my first show to go "okay"?

Yes, it is completely normal for your first Pampered Chef show to go "okay." Like any new experience, there may be some learning curves and adjustments to make. Don't be discouraged, and use it as a learning opportunity for future shows.

3. How can I improve upon an "okay" first show?

To improve upon an "okay" first show, it's essential to reflect on what went well and what could have been better. Talk to your guests and ask for their feedback. Take note of any challenges or areas for improvement and work on them for future shows.

4. Will an "okay" first show affect my future success with Pampered Chef?

No, an "okay" first show will not affect your future success with Pampered Chef. Every consultant has different experiences with their first show, and it does not determine your overall success. Use it as a learning experience and strive to do better in future shows.

5. What should I do if my first Pampered Chef show went "okay"?

If your first Pampered Chef show went "okay," don't be discouraged. Take the opportunity to reflect, gather feedback, and make improvements for future shows. Continue to promote and market your business, and remember that each show is a chance to improve and grow as a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies