• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What a Show-Several Things Went Wrong

In summary, a show today an hour away from my house. Did not know what I was thinking on time and left late-realized that on way there. Called host and started driving 80 mph. Made brownies for ice cream sundaes. Made brownies in large bar pan (only one mix) and baked too long they were hard. Thought I brought cool whip and opened container and it was left over bbq! Sales were good, but no bookings! Second show I did this weekend-haven't done one in 2 months!
aried
Gold Member
Did a show today an hour away from my house. Didn't know what I was thinking on time and left late-realized that on way there. Called host and started driving 80 mph. Made brownies for ice cream sundaes. Made brownies in large bar pan (only one mix) and baked too long they were hard. Thought I brought cool whip and opened container and it was left over bbq! Sales were good, but no bookings! Second show I did this weekend-haven't done one in 2 months!

Ann

I hate it when that happens!!! That's when I remind everyone I am a "PAMPERED" chef, not a "PERFECT" one!!!

Tomorrow, you'll be able to laugh...at least a little, (I especially enjoyed the leftover BBQ :D - Sorry!). Lessons learned so there won't be a next time- at least with THOSE problems. ;)

I did say that line about being a "pampered chef" . yes leason learned going to put in red on my host info sheet when to leave & double check containers before I leave. LOL

That's when you talk about the benefits of using prep bowls to store leftovers - you can SEE what's in them so no surprises and no science projects LOL

I'm sorry things went wrong, I hate when that happens!

You can always throw in the line, "see they let anyone do this."

Or, my personal favorite . . . That's why they call us The Pampered Chef and not the perfect chef.

Sorry it didn't go perfectly...it happens to all of us....isn't it great that you can burn the food and still get paid? He He

I like the prep bowl comment...going to use that one!

MLinAZ said:
That's when you talk about the benefits of using prep bowls to store leftovers - you can SEE what's in them so no surprises and no science projects LOL

A-HA! LOL....good one! It's not so much about the trouble we get into, but how we get out of it :D

Tropicalburstqt2 said:
You can always throw in the line, "see they let anyone do this."

Another good come back, Amy! Pampered Chef... so easy even a DITZ can do it!!

JackieB999 said:
A-HA! LOL....good one! It's not so much about the trouble we get into, but how we get out of it :D

I love that line....I can get into trouble all by myself in so many ways, but stories like this help me see that I can get out!!

Thanks so much for sharing this story. I could just imagine the feeling when you opened that container to see the BBQ!!!

did the burnt brownies stick to the bar pan? probably not as much as if they were in a metal sheet pan! i'd show off how nicely the stoneware bakes food that's non-stick!

just talked to my host and sales are at $600!

It doesn't happen to all of us! At my show Friday night I had a group of ladies that weren't paying attention and I was trying to talk to them to no avail. So I half shouted, "Hey Peanut gallery, how many of you love your stoneware?" They just looked at me, but they paid attention for the rest of the show! 2 of them were past hosts too. I have NEVER said anything like that at a show, it kind of just slipped out. We ended up laughing about it later in my show.

I love the "Pampered Chef" not Perfect chef line!

What are some common issues that can happen during a Pampered Chef show?

Some common issues that can happen during a Pampered Chef show include technical difficulties with the equipment, missing ingredients or supplies, running out of time, difficulty with a recipe, and not enough seating for guests.

What should I do if I encounter technical difficulties during a show?

If you encounter technical difficulties during a show, try to troubleshoot the issue quickly. If you are unable to fix the problem, try to continue the show using alternative methods such as handwritten recipes or showing videos instead of using the equipment.

What if I run out of time during the show?

If you run out of time during the show, it's important to stay calm and prioritize the most important parts of the show. You can always offer to finish the demo at a later time or provide guests with the recipe to try at home.

What can I do if I forget to bring an ingredient or supply?

If you forget to bring an ingredient or supply for a recipe, try to improvise with similar ingredients or ask the host or guests if they have the missing item. You can also offer to make the recipe at a later time for the host or guests.

How can I prevent issues during a Pampered Chef show?

The best way to prevent issues during a Pampered Chef show is to be prepared and organized. Double check your equipment and ingredients before the show, have a backup plan in case of technical difficulties, and have a timeline for the show to stay on track. Communication with the host and guests is also key in preventing issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefLisa
  • pc_jessica
  • General Chat
Replies