• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Catalog Show Success: Tips for Dealing with Unresponsive Guests"

In summary, your friend has not responded to your contact attempts, and you are waiting for her to produce the rest of the orders.
vtolin
I had a friend contact me inquiring about ordering and decided to do a catalog party since she's about 4 hours away from me. I sent her a packet and catalogs. I talked to her about a week ago to answer some questions and encourage her....now she won't answer ANY of my contact attempts. She was supposed to get me her cell number (since this was initiated on Facebook) but I've tried both her emails and FB to contact her and she's not responding. I don't know what to do. She had asked to close her show on the 29th due to Thanksgiving and she was hoping to get some orders over the holidays and I was willing to work with that but now I'm not sure what to do??? Any suggestions?

I had a host do the same thing to me. I gave her the catalogs on September 20th and we were going to submit the party around the 5th of October. She text me the evening that I gave her the catalog host kit and told me she already had a couple of orders. In the meanwhile, I received three other orders for her. I called, I text, I messaged on FB...nothing! I called her sister who's a good friend and she said not to worry, she does everyone that way. The sister and her mother both called her and told her that she needed to get with me so we could submit the show. She finally text me back and I gave her a deadline and told her that if I didn't have her orders by that time, I would have to submit the order without them; I never got any kind of response! On October 30th, I submitted the orders that I had as my own catalog show. Not sure if that's how I should have handled it or not, but I was already extremely put out with her as a host.It sounds as though you've done everything that you can. Perhaps she will get with you and have a really good show. You can always hope this is the case.

I've got you BOTH beat! I have a host with a catalog show that started in AUGUST (I think). It has been dragging on, and I've sent her the new host/guest specials as the months change. WELL, she rec'd an order on my webpage. YEP! So, I KNOW she's talking to people. The order? The NYLON KNIFE... $5.00 product BUT $6.50 in shipping. She paid $11.50 for the nylon knife, and I STILL haven't submitted because that's the only order I have!!!! I'll probably make it just an individual order, and call it good, but I'm waiting..... UGH!!!

mom4angela said:
I've got you BOTH beat! I have a host with a catalog show that started in AUGUST (I think). It has been dragging on, and I've sent her the new host/guest specials as the months change. WELL, she rec'd an order on my webpage. YEP! So, I KNOW she's talking to people. The order? The NYLON KNIFE... $5.00 product BUT $6.50 in shipping. She paid $11.50 for the nylon knife, and I STILL haven't submitted because that's the only order I have!!!! I'll probably make it just an individual order, and call it good, but I'm waiting..... UGH!!!

Call her and leave her a message saying if she doesn't come up with the rest of the orders by (Insert Date two days from the date you call) you're going to just put in the individual order. That person is not going to like waiting for her item. Yes two days IS enough. If they want the show, they'll get on the phone! I've put my own show from $97 to $665 in just two days making calls.

So I guess I am not the only one this happens to. lol. I had a lady do the exact thing. She lives a few hours from me and booked off her daughter's show. I talked to her a couple times and she said she had some orders and would call me back with them. She started her show in July or August. Now she won't answer my calls, emails, facebook messages or anything. And I have her home, work and cell numbers!! I even asked her daughter about it and SHE never answered me, either! (Even tho she answers me on other subjects.)
I have kept the show in my P3 all this time and kept changing the date but I finally deleted it today.
Blessing and releasing. :angel:
Thanks for listening to my 'rant'. :D

vtolin said:
I had a friend contact me inquiring about ordering and decided to do a catalog party since she's about 4 hours away from me. I sent her a packet and catalogs. I talked to her about a week ago to answer some questions and encourage her....now she won't answer ANY of my contact attempts. She was supposed to get me her cell number (since this was initiated on Facebook) but I've tried both her emails and FB to contact her and she's not responding. I don't know what to do. She had asked to close her show on the 29th due to Thanksgiving and she was hoping to get some orders over the holidays and I was willing to work with that but now I'm not sure what to do??? Any suggestions?
If she's not supposed to close until the 29th, then maybe she's just busy. She has 2 weeks yet before she's supposed to close, and it's not like she needs to talk to you every day. If you've already talked to her and she knows what she's supposed to be doing, then possibly she's just waiting until she has the rest of the orders before contacting you. If she feels like she knows what she's supposed to be doing, then it may seem to her that you are being a little over-zealous about contacting her in regards to her orders.That's what I would be doing if it was me, anyway. ;)

It all goes back to the principle of "enough." Enough should mean a few more than you actually need.
If you have Enough cooking shows on your schedule to meet your goals, you will generate enough cooking shows for the following month.
And if you have ENOUGH catalog shows on your calendar, then the one who drops the ball won't matter.
I am with Becky though. I wouldn't hound her. Shoot her an email and let her know you are available for questions. :)

I had something similar happen but with another direct sales consultant...of one nameless jewelry company. I met her through a fair held this summer...she wanted the cookware and gave me all of her contact info, she said October was her month she had to have a show....while I was host coaching she did remind me numerous times that she knew how all of this worked and how to have a great big show so she could get lots of free stuff...fast forward two months, I sent catalos, host packet, etc. When I called to follow up a couple of days later that she received it, she said her husband didn't want her to have a show!!! Ummm ok. Then she gave all sorts of excuses, I offered to bring the ingredients etc. so no cost to her, or just making it a catalog show...no hits, and at the end of our conversation she mentioned still wanting to get lots of stuff for free. I have tried following up with her and she no longer takes my calls...voicemail, voicemail, voicemail.....frustrating!!

I wondered if she wasn't just busy.....it's just making me wonder at times cause I see her on Facebook all the time. I have no web orders yet but I'm hoping she's just collecting them. She had asked for the extra time because she didn't know a lot of people out where she lived and even offered to send catalogs to her family north of me if she wanted but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. I really haven't hounded too bad for fear of that. I responded to her one email then last week sent her a reminder email of the time left in the show.

1. What is a catalog show fall out?

A catalog show fall out is when a customer places an order from a Pampered Chef catalog party but then decides to cancel or return the order.

2. How does a catalog show fall out affect my sales?

A catalog show fall out can decrease your sales and commissions, as the cancelled or returned orders will no longer count towards your sales for that party.

3. Can I prevent catalog show fall out?

While you cannot completely prevent catalog show fall out, you can minimize it by providing excellent customer service, ensuring accurate and timely deliveries, and following up with customers to address any concerns or issues they may have.

4. What should I do if I experience a high amount of catalog show fall out?

If you notice a trend of high catalog show fall out, it may be helpful to evaluate your customer service processes and identify any areas for improvement. You can also reach out to your customers and ask for feedback to address any potential issues.

5. How can I track catalog show fall out?

You can track catalog show fall out by keeping a record of cancelled or returned orders and comparing them to your overall sales for a specific catalog party. This will give you an idea of the percentage of fall out for that party and help you identify any patterns or areas for improvement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
Replies
Views
BettyBoop
  • melissasutkus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies