• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host a Successful Catalog Show with These Easy Tips!

is a great host and she has been doing a catalog show for a while now. She told me that she has been getting a lot of orders from people she doesn't even know. What she is doing is putting a few catalogs in her purse so "The Pampered Chef" is visible. She said that people have stopped her at the doctor's office (3 orders), at the allergist's office (2 orders), and just about everywhere she goes. When they say, "Oh, The Pampered Chef!" She says, "Yes. I'm having a party. Did you need something?" What she is doing is a great idea and it is something that you should consider if you are a catalog show host.
raebates
Staff member
I just spoke with my $900 catalog show host. She told me that she's been shocked at the response from people. What she's been doing is putting a few catalogs in her purse so "The Pampered Chef" is visible. She said that people have stopped her at the doctor's office (3 orders), at the allergist's office (2 orders), and just about everywhere she goes. When they say, "Oh, The Pampered Chef!" She says, "Yes. I'm having a party. Did you need something?"

Several of her orders came because someone took a catalog to share with someone else. She actually called because a friend of a friend may be interested in booking a show, and she had a question about the minimum amount of orders. So, a possible booking and many orders came from people she didn't even know. That's a great answer for people who say they don't know enough people to do a show.

She also has a sister who may consider booking, but she "isn't good at asking people to buy." I told her to tell her sister what she told me. She's not asking people to order. People are stopping her on the street to ask if they can order from her.

I definitely plan to include this information when host coaching future catalog show hosts.

That is great!! You just never know when someone may want something!!

I just wish I had thought to tell all of my catalog hosts to carry a few catalogs sticking out of their purse. How easy is that?

Oh, well, at least I'll be sure to let every future host know. Catalog show or not, this is a great idea!

You know, I carry catalogs sticking out of my bag all the time. Maybe I should act like a host instead of consultant!

You should recruit her! She's basically doing the job already and getting great results!!

And she sees how easy it is when the stuff sells itself...

Great job!

I agree with the recruiting - she already has enough orders for her first 4 shows!

Oh, I've tried before, and I'll try again. She's a natural.

I'm trying. I'm trying.

Did anyone tell you to recruit her, LOL?? I wonder why this works so well for hostesses and not for me? I always have stuff sticking out too, but never get to say I am having a party. Maybe they are turned off that I am a consultant and think I am pushy...

I am going to pretend to be a host from now on!! LOL!

raebates said:
"Oh, The Pampered Chef!" She says, "Yes. I'm having a party. Did you need something?".

Love these words! (Music to my ears. lol)

gilliandanielle said:
Did anyone tell you to recruit her, LOL?? I wonder why this works so well for hostesses and not for me? I always have stuff sticking out too, but never get to say I am having a party. Maybe they are turned off that I am a consultant and think I am pushy...

I am going to pretend to be a host from now on!! LOL!

So you don't have to pretend, because we should never lie, arrange facts so what you say is true. Why not do a mystery host catalog show? Not only can you say you are having a show, do they need something, you can also let them know that they just might be the one that wins free and 1/2 price products!

I know some Consultants do a show every single month, on their website! So, maybe you could try that, too!!!

Paula

What are the benefits of hosting a catalog show?

Hosting a catalog show allows you to earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive hostess rewards. You also have the opportunity to share Pampered Chef products with your friends and family and earn credit towards your own purchases.

How do I invite guests to my catalog show?

We provide you with customizable digital invitations and social media graphics to easily invite your guests. You can also share your unique show link, which allows guests to browse and shop the catalog directly from your show.

What is the shipping process for catalog show orders?

Orders placed through a catalog show will be shipped directly to the hostess, who can then distribute them to the guests. Shipping fees are based on the total order amount and will be added to each individual order at the time of checkout.

Can I earn hostess rewards for a catalog show without having an in-home party?

Absolutely! Our catalog show option allows you to earn hostess rewards without hosting an in-home party. You can still share the catalog and your unique show link with friends and family to earn credits towards your own purchases.

How long do I have to submit my catalog show order?

Your catalog show order must be submitted within 10 days of your show closing date to receive hostess rewards. After this time, the show will close and you will no longer be able to earn rewards for that particular show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • SDTeaGirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
maldvs
Replies
Views
adoverpchef