• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Wear a Tiara as a New Director at National Leadership?

In summary,At National Conference, new Directors were given tiaras as a sign of their new position. LisaLisa told Kate that she would not wear one, but if Kate has a strong desire to wear one, then go for it. Linda said that she would wear one because it suits her personality and at what other job do you get to wear a tiara when you get promoted? Kate voted that WEAR it, and the other girls agreed.

Should I wear a tiara to walk the stage at Leadership?

• Yes!

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • No!

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • I really don't care!

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
Okay, I'm walking as a new Director. At National I noticed a lot of new Directors with tiaras. I have a few (long story) and was wondering if people do it at Leadership and if I should.

If that makes you happy - go for it? :D

Boy do I feel silly - but I don't want to be frazzled when I pack tonight. Yes, I'm packing early - mainly because I'm busy cleaning the house on Friday and Saturday!

Hi Kate!

At National Conference I was given one, but did not wear it. I guess it just was not the statement I wanted to make.

I voted 'no', but if you have a strong desire to wear one to feel like a princess, then go for it! You earned the right to wear it when you worked your business so hard and became a Director.

By the way, I am a very loud yeller and I will make sure to yell very loud for you. Is there anything special you would like for me to say?

Don't feel silly about packing today. I am also working on it tonight. I have a show Saturday afternoon and just don't want to feel stressed on Saturday night.

Lisa

Lisa - Thanks for your opinion. Maybe a Woohoo?

Last year was my first conference. I kept seeing this same girl wearing a tiara (everyday!). I thought she was just weird until my director explained it to me. Then I saw all of these ladies wearing tiara's on the last day (the day that they walked), I told my director that when I make director I will not wear a tiara or a boa or an oversize t-shirt with stuff written all over it.....but that's me.

But that's your decision, if you want to wear a tiara go right ahead....let me also quantify this by saying that everthing I have ever said that I would NEVER do....I've done! (But, I still say I'm not wearing a tiara.....)

Oh, and speaking of the tiara....in my avatar I'm actually wearing one! I cropped it out for this picture. It's the only recent one I had of me that was digital. I'm at a cluster meeting and I was the booking queen for the month....here, I'll post the original.

Attachments

• Linda.JPG
    Linda.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
Are you playing Barbie Princess dress up or is this a job???? :)

Seriously, congratulations, cheer your head off and enjoy the limelight! But I really don't think a tiara is needed.

Awww Linda, you even have a magic wand;)

I personally wouldn't wear one for the walkin', but hey it's up to you to make whatever memory you want of it!

Well, so far it confirms what I was thinking. If I were walking at National, I probably would wear a small one. Leadership is more professional and probably not the best place. I did have awesome recognition at the Cluster meeting when I promoted, so I'll be happy with that! Now, when I promote to NED, I might have to wear one. :D

Totally personal preference. I would have loved it if my AD had given me one when I walked at NC. I gave her one for her baby shower (it was "The Little Prince" theme). She wear's it whenever she's making host packets. Makes her feel good!

I don't know that I would ever buy one for myself, but I would love it (and wear it) if one was given to me.

Linda- LMAO!! The lady on the couch next to you looks like SHE wanted to be booking queen. YIKES!!

Kate- I would wear one because it suits my personality, and at what other job do you get to wear a tiara when you get promoted?? The downside is- what image do you want to portray if you happen to bump into Doris, Marla, your NED, or someone you really respect?

Personally I would have a blast wearing a tiara, but I would feel a little silly if I ran into someone "higher-up".

Gillian - my NED is my immediate director, Suasan Kaufmann. So, she knows my personality. The fact that I already personally own a few might give you a clue to my quirks. Although, some were costume pieces for plays I directed...so those don't really count.

That is cool that you are so close with her!! I am glad that you are happy with your decision, and you can always bring it to wear around the halls of the hotel!!

I vote WEAR it!!!
The year I walked I was so jealous of those gals who had sashes and tiaras and magic wands and groovy stuff like that - wear one...and wear it for ME!!!!

dannyzmom said:
I vote WEAR it!!!
The year I walked I was so jealous of those gals who had sashes and tiaras and magic wands and groovy stuff like that - wear one...and wear it for ME!!!!

PS - here's a funny for ya -- my mom knew I really wanted a tiara -- so she ordered me one on Ebay (not realizing it was made for a chihuahua-sozed dog)...so when ti arrived I just HAD to put it on and snap a pic...I am attaching the pic. Then...for Xmas this year, my aunt (the crazy anorexic one who thinks it's fun to starve and dehydrate herself til she has seizures) gave me a tiara...I am attaching that pic too - LOL

Attachments

• TestShots 006 (Large).jpg
    TestShots 006 (Large).jpg
    18 KB · Views: 422
  • ChristmasDay2006 007 (Large).jpg
    ChristmasDay2006 007 (Large).jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 488
Most of those that wear tiaras or something funny were given those to wear by their upline.

I would have worn one if given to me but my line doesn't do that.

...National OR Leadership - why would it matter! And BTW, everyone acts the same at both conferences. There are more LEADER classes and less "awards" (don't get all the pins you get at National for example) but that's about it for a difference.

dannyzmom said:
PS - here's a funny for ya -- my mom knew I really wanted a tiara -- so she ordered me one on Ebay (not realizing it was made for a chihuahua-sozed dog)...so when ti arrived I just HAD to put it on and snap a pic...I am attaching the pic. Then...for Xmas this year, my aunt (the crazy anorexic one who thinks it's fun to starve and dehydrate herself til she has seizures) gave me a tiara...I am attaching that pic too - LOL
The princess became the queen! :D :D

BethCooks4U said:
The princess became the queen! :D :D

LOL - I try to tell my husband and kids that, but..welll...they don't buy it - LOL

dannyzmom said:
I vote WEAR it!!!

I emailed Susan on this one. Since I am in her downline, I feel obligated to holding up her standards. So, if she says it is okay, I'll probably wear it...see why I need everyone's opinions?!?

I probably wouldn't (or won't) wear one but I think it makes it fun and isn't that the point? I think wearing a tiara shows that you are proud of your accomplishment - something Doris and everyone else is proud of as well so I don't think they would mind. Pack the tiara so you have the option when you are there. Congrats and have fun!!!!! BEE

As my pal Jill Conner Browne, THE Sweet Potato Queen, says, just about everything is better with a tiara, so I say go for it. I'm sure I'll probably wear one when I promote, but, then again, I'll wear mine anywhere.Now, I've never been to Leadership or Conference, but I can't imagine a "higher-up" being put off by you showing your excitement over your promotion by donning something sparkly on your head!Congratulations to you!

Lol
gilliandanielle said:
Linda- LMAO!! The lady on the couch next to you looks like SHE wanted to be booking queen. YIKES!!

Kate- I would wear one because it suits my personality, and at what other job do you get to wear a tiara when you get promoted?? The downside is- what image do you want to portray if you happen to bump into Doris, Marla, your NED, or someone you really respect?

Personally I would have a blast wearing a tiara, but I would feel a little silly if I ran into someone "higher-up".

LOL LOL That is too funny Gillian!!! I needed a good laugh. That guy in the background doesn't look too happy either. LOL :D :D

Check out my new picture!! I tweaked it a little with some thoughts I know they were all thinking!! Hope it works and yes I am very, very bored tonight. My husband is working the night shift, which hasn't happened since before we were married almost 6 years ago. By the way I would definitely wear the tiara, you earned it!! Just don't forget you have it on when you are out to dinner or waving down a cab. :p

DEBBIE :D

Attachments

• LINDA TIARA.JPG
    LINDA TIARA.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 333
ROTFLMAO!!!! Oh, Debbie!! I almost peed myself when I saw the "altered" picture!! Don't you get so creative when you are bored?

I wore a tiara when I walked as a new Director at leadership. For me It was a "crowning" moment in my career.

Norma Goolsby Thomas:)

My vote is whatever makes you happy!!

1. Should I wear a tiara as a new director at National Leadership?

Wearing a tiara at National Leadership is completely up to you. It is not a requirement, but many directors choose to wear one as a symbol of their achievement and to stand out in a crowd.

2. Will wearing a tiara make me look unprofessional?

No, wearing a tiara does not make you look unprofessional. In fact, it can be a fun and memorable way to express your individuality and celebrate your success as a new director.

3. Do I have to buy a tiara from Pampered Chef?

No, you do not have to buy a tiara from Pampered Chef. You can purchase one from any retailer or online store. However, we do offer a beautiful and high-quality tiara in our Director's Collection.

4. Can I wear a tiara at other Pampered Chef events?

Yes, you can wear a tiara at other Pampered Chef events, such as conferences or meetings. It is also a popular choice for many directors to wear at their cooking shows to add some fun and excitement.

5. Are there any tips for wearing a tiara at National Leadership?

If you choose to wear a tiara at National Leadership, make sure it is securely fastened and comfortable. Also, keep in mind that you will be wearing it for long periods of time, so choose one that is not too heavy. Lastly, have fun with it and embrace your inner princess!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookemomstir
Replies
Views
twinkie10
Replies
Views
jwpamp
Replies
Views