• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Fast Is the Pampered Chef Turnover?

started. The 1/3rd rule is that you need to have 3 people in your team to keep the business running. If you only have 1 active recruit, then the business is likely not sustainable.

How long have you been with Pampered Chef?

• Total voters
genburk
Silver Member
Ok, KG or friends, How fast is a turnover.....:rolleyes:
but on the serious side.......

I see there are a few consultants on Chef success that have been around longer than 4-5 years. But the majority have been around less than that. Does anyone know what the median time frame is for Consultants or Directors? Is there fast turnover, like in restaurants for instance. I am sure it depends totally on the person, but i was just curious.

My Executive director has been with The Pampered Chef @15 years, and my National Executive Director @ 18 years, so I know that there are long time people, but I notice LOTS of people under 3 or so years.

I don't know that answer but I do know after 1.5 Years, I love TPC, and know this company treats its consultants better than other DS companies out there! Even if I slowed down in selling I would probably remain a hobbyist for a long time to come! TPC rocks!

My director and another director in our cluster have been at it 8 years plus... I'm planning on outlasting them! :)

Direct sales is a tough business. I have no idea what the turnover rate is, but I have 6 friends who have started DS businesses with other companies. None of them lasted over 2 years; 4 of them didn't last a year. It's a lot more work than most people realize, and it takes a lot of perseverance to hold on through those dry months.That said, I will celebrate my 3rd anniversary with PC at the end of April, and I can't imagine quitting.

My recruiter has been in PC for 4 years & our director for 11 (maybe more--can't remember exactly). I think it really depends on the person. Some people only planned on doing this for a year or five or however long they needed it in their lives. Then there are some who plan on making this a career.

Since I started with PC 2.5 years ago, I believe my director has had more than a dozen people come and go! Some were kitnappers, some started and quit after a couple months and some have gone inactive and may or may not come back. I think I would also become a part-time hobbyist before quitting...I just love the products too much!

not sure if this helps, as it is not based solely on PC, but I remember reading somewhere that "a large majority of DS reps do not last past 6 months". Granted that is not very encouraging, but I do remember a rep with another DS company trying to get me to "buy the kit" with no obligation to hold any shows. And I know that I have an Arbonne lady who is insistent that I sign up under "a wholesale account" with her - to me that is as a consultant. Uh no thank you, I'm quite happy with PC and not really wanting to even mess up a good thing.

I have been doing Pc for exactly 2 years and LOVE It!! My director who just retired did it for 10 years and now my director now has been doing it for 14 years!:D

Me: 45 days Recruiter: 8 years - has had 20 recruits come and go...and I am the only active under her now, she has one inactive Executive Director: 16 years

We'll see how long I go, but I'm planning on awhile! ;)

janetupnorth said:
Me: 45 days ;)

Janet, when was your 30 days up? I think we must have signed at the same time! Mine was 02/28

Mine was up on 3/14. I signed on 2/6 or 2/7...

I don't know typical "length of stay," but I have seen a statistic that at any given time, a team will have 1/3 starting, 1/3 staying, and 1/3 quitting.

chefann said:
I don't know typical "length of stay," but I have seen a statistic that at any given time, a team will have 1/3 starting, 1/3 staying, and 1/3 quitting.

That gives us an idea of how many one will need to keep at least 5 people for Directorship. Thanks :)

janetupnorth said:
Me: 45 days Recruiter: 8 years - has had 20 recruits come and go...and I am the only active under her now, she has one inactive Executive Director: 16 years

We'll see how long I go, but I'm planning on awhile! ;)

Now, that kinda blows the 1/3rd rule. With only 1 active recruit out of 20, I am wondering, did she just start recruiting or is this over several years?

Last edited:
I am a Part-timer but love selling PC! I will be here for awhile, but I am just getting started!!

I expect that the Chef Success Consultants/Directors may be a lot "younger" than some of the veteran PCers -- since those who started 10-20 years ago had less access to the internet and may be in their own comfort zone (they do what works for them) so may not be interested (or be so busy that they don't have time) in joining a message board.

Good Point !! I know my director has 15 years and several consultants under her belt, and I don't know if she gets on message boards for PC or not. She is very busy.

ivykeep said:
I expect that the Chef Success Consultants/Directors may be a lot "younger" than some of the veteran PCers -- since those who started 10-20 years ago had less access to the internet and may be in their own comfort zone (they do what works for them) so may not be interested (or be so busy that they don't have time) in joining a message board.

I agree and I was thinking they are mosre settled in their ways and do not need or want as many new ideas as we want or need.

Well, that all depends on where they are in their business. I've been doing this 13 years, and i'm fairly young (37 next month). I've recruited 20 people thru the years, have 10 active right now.

But, I was very part time until last january. now i do it full time and my numbers show. i've recruited 10 people since last january!!

so, it's not necessarily that they are set in their ways, but maybe more of their situation and what they have time for.

I have been with PC for 2.5 years, and have seen a lot of clustermates come and go. I think that a lot of people don't recieve enough support, and subsequently quit because they have no reason not to. I promised myself that I would always provide a high level of support to my team, so they could at least come to me if they were having problems or wanting to quit.

It is the same as hosts- hardly anyone ever calls saying they want to host, but if you call them they get really excited. My recruits are never going to call me and say they are having trouble, but if I regularly call them they will share their problems/issues and I can do my best to offer suggestions instead of just leaving them high and dry...

I have been selling PC for a year and I love every min of it!!! My director has been selling pc for 11 years! I have seen lots of people come and go in the past year. life changes and sometimes PC doesnt' fit in very well.

I think the majority of people here are newer because they are looking for support and ideas to get their business going.

The people that have been with PC longer are either moving their way up the management ladder and don't have time to be here or think they know everything and don't need this site. :)

If it's a raspberry turnover it's go pretty fast around here.

You can't really use the membership of this place as a yardstick to measure against. The membership of CS is not even a small fraction of the entire enrollment of consultants and it is not a statistically accurate sample.

That said, the 1/3-1/3-1/3 seems to be pretty typical. I've also heard the statistic of someone recruiting over 20 people but not retaining enough to be a director. Ive got my own theories about why that might be however, I don't think that's appropriate here.

Let me add this, as one GREAT person from Chef Success has already said

"Just remember that the scientific results of this poll are subject to a margerine of error of ± 99%. "

It would have been sweet to have a butter poll, but this one will have to do...

[blush]TY[/blush]Ole Olsen is about as close as I've ever been able to get to an Ole O. joke.

I checked 2 years because my two year anniversary is in April. We are close
enough for that to count, right? I'm consultant #441601. So, you can kind of guess how long someone has been active if you compare it with yours, or someone else's that you know. My recruiter has been active four years in April, and our Director in Texas has been with PC sixteen years. Their encouragement is an inspiration to me, and I know that without them, I would have wilted on the vine. Chefsuccess also deserves lots of credit for keeping me hopeful and less discouraged during the lighter months. Thanks, everyone! Going to National was a big plus for me. Just tonight, at our Cluster meeting, we all were challenged to find a way to attend this July. I'm now thinking more positively about how I can shuffle big events that conflict
with the First Wave. Wave 3 was perfect for me, last summer, and I would not have had a problem with those dates.

Can anyone share their experience (good or bad) in going to National outside of their Wave? Is it possible after you have attended one National, and do you miss being with your own folks? I roomed with three gals from three different states and I made the fourth state. We met for the first time in our room. One gal (Beth) is a Cheffer so that was a neat experience for both of us.

I celebrated my 5 yr anniversary in Nov. My director (SD) had sold for years, and our ED has sold for 16 I think. I think it just depends on the person. For me, I've seen the big picture of what we can accomplish, and PC has already done so much for me. I can't imagine NOT being with PC:D
It always amazes me when I meet someone that says they USED to sell. I always think, why not anymore?? I met a gal a couple weeks ago that saw my PC purse & asked for a new catalog....said she sold years ago, just to get all the products. When she got it all, she quit. So, everyone has their own motivations (or lack of!).

ange13 said:
Well, that all depends on where they are in their business. I've been doing this 13 years, and i'm fairly young (37 next month). I've recruited 20 people thru the years, have 10 active right now.

But, I was very part time until last january. now i do it full time and my numbers show. i've recruited 10 people since last january!!

so, it's not necessarily that they are set in their ways, but maybe more of their situation and what they have time for.

I always say that I wish at the first show I attended that the cons. Had jumped on my excitement and showed me how I could have made PC work for me back then. If so I would have been closer to where you are now.

(kicking self in but!!!!)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Ole Olsen is about as close as I've ever been able to get to an Ole O. joke.

Hey, I attended the Ole Olsen Theater a few weeks ago. But, I digress. Back to your originally programmed thread.

This could start a string of Ole and Lena jokes.But I'm not starting it.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Ole Olsen is about as close as I've ever been able to get to an Ole O. joke.

It took me a minute, but I GET IT! I love Ole and Lena jokes! Haven't heard one in ages!

speedychef said:
It took me a minute, but I GET IT! I love Ole and Lena jokes! Haven't heard one in ages!
Well, in that case, just for you:

Ole, Sven and Lars die in a tragic Lutefisk accident. They are met by God on the stairway to heaven.

God says, "There are 3,000 steps to heaven. It's very serious up there. I'll tell you a joke on each 1,000th step you reach. If you laugh you go to hell."

So they start walking and reach to the first 1,000th step. God tells a joke, Lars laughs out loud and goes straight to hell. Ole and Sven look at each other nervously.

On the 2,000th step God tells another joke, Sven tries his best but laughs and goes to straight to hell.

On the 3,000th step God tells the last and best joke, Ole doesn't laugh and proceeds to the gate.

Suddenly, Ole bursts out laughing hysterically. God asks, "What are you laughing about?".

Ole replies, "Oh dat's funny. I yust got da first yoke!".

genburk said:
That gives us an idea of how many one will need to keep at least 5 people for Directorship. Thanks :)

Now, that kinda blows the 1/3rd rule. With only 1 active recruit out of 20, I am wondering, did she just start recruiting or is this over several years?

This was over the entire period of 8 years...come and gone steadily...

ivykeep said:

That is kind of interesting...my recruiter used to belong to another forum, she came here and checked it out and decided that at this point she didn't "need anything like Chef Success". Basically in the routine she wants with her business and doesn't "need help".

I personally don't look at this forum as a "help group", although there is a wealth of information. Or look at it in the opposite as "I don't need that..."
I look at it as a fun place to go and have a break and hopefully it'll keep the excitement going in me about PC and that's what sells...without that excitement, the rut sets in...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I've also heard the statistic of someone recruiting over 20 people but not retaining enough to be a director. Ive got my own theories about why that might be however, I don't think that's appropriate here.

Ditto...agree 100% with you KG... But, as you said, not the time and place for our own theories on that... :rolleyes:

etteluap70PC said:
I always say that I wish at the first show I attended that the cons. Had jumped on my excitement and showed me how I could have made PC work for me back then. If so I would have been closer to where you are now.

(kicking self in but!!!!)

Ditto here - my 2nd show I hosted was over a $1000 show - back around 1994. I got the knife block set (which I still use in my kitchen) and a lot of my tools and stoneware.

...just think...I'd be easily a director by now after 13 years... (I think...)

It took me that much pondering to decide to be a consultant...I have to admit though after considering it and watching it for so long, no one person was going to convince me to sign...if you were new and did a show and tried to recruit me, it wouldn't work. I was going to pick my time and my person to sign under... ...and in the long run, I didn't realize I'd end up only having 2 people above me then Home Office...that ended up a surprise...

1. How long do most Pampered Chef consultants stay with the company?

The median time frame for consultants at Pampered Chef varies and is dependent on individual circumstances. While some consultants have been with the company for several years, others may only stay for a short period of time.

2. Is there a high turnover rate for Pampered Chef consultants?

Similar to any business, there is turnover among Pampered Chef consultants. However, the company has a loyal following and many consultants have been with the company for several years.

3. How does the turnover rate at Pampered Chef compare to other industries?

It is difficult to compare the turnover rate at Pampered Chef to other industries as it varies greatly. However, many consultants choose to stay with the company for a long period of time due to the supportive community and flexible work opportunities.

4. Have there been any changes in the turnover rate in recent years?

The turnover rate at Pampered Chef has remained relatively consistent over the years. While some consultants may choose to leave the company for personal reasons or other opportunities, there are also many new consultants joining the company each year.

5. What are some factors that may contribute to a consultant leaving Pampered Chef?

Each consultant's decision to stay or leave Pampered Chef is unique. Some may leave due to personal reasons, while others may choose to pursue other career opportunities. It's important to remember that Pampered Chef offers a flexible business model and many consultants continue to work with the company for several years.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Valerie Remschel
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Antoinette Neff