• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shipping to Canada from Ohio: Is it Possible?

In summary, the customer is trying to figure out how to get a baking stone that was ordered from the US shipped to Canada before she leaves for Thanksgiving. The options are to either ship it with the show she is traveling with or to have it shipped there and then re-ship it once she gets back. The customer is taking a risk by shipping it, but is willing to pay for it if it gets there on time.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I have a question and I thought it would be best posed to you Canucks ... but anybody can answer!

I have a customer who lives in Ontario. She will be going to see her family in Minnesota and would like to either have it shipped there no later than Sunday night, or to her home in Canada.

Since PC is an international company, I assume we can ship there, but do any additional shipping charges apply if it is being ordered with my show coming in from here in Ohio?

I'd like to be able to ship it to Canada since I think it would be cutting it close to ship it home.

Hello from Ontario :)

Unfortunately you only have two options. Ship to Minnesota and hope it makes it on time or have it shipped there or to you and then REship it to Ontario. You can't ship it on a show to a Canadian address. We're not supposed to sell to you, you're not supposed to sell to us :rolleyes:

BUMMER!!!!!

I think it would be cutting it close to ship it to Minnesota before she leaves!

If it didn't get to her on time, I'd glady pay the charges to re-ship ... she is a really good friend, and I think she is trying to help me make the minimum to turn a show in!

I think I'd go for the re-ship then. Much safer bet that way. No special shipping costs to get it to Minnesota just to possibly have it not make it. Just ship with your show to Ohio and then re-ship. That's what I'd do.

Here's the problem ...

Most of the items she's ordering are small ... but the Baking Stone is the heaviest. (The large round one.) I have no idea how much that weighs, but I am guessing at 5 pounds, which would put the shipping at about $21 to $23. A lot of money for a $61 order! And she is concerned that she will have to pay tax when she gets home.

She's going to her parents' house for Thanksgiving and will be leaving Monday morning.

I plan to call HQ in the morning and see if there is any way they can GUARANTEE arrival in Minnesota by Saturday. Shipping by FedEx to the states is pretty speedy ... my recruiter entered a show Thursday night and it was on her doorstep Saturday morning ... I applied for my kit Saturday and it was on my doorstep Wednesday ... but direct shipping might be more complicated.

Anyway ... if it comes down to re-shipping, I will pay for it myself even though it eats my profit ... she is a good friend, concerned about me meeting my goal of turning in my first show on time ... and I want to bless her!

ALSO ....

Let's say I direct ship to Minnesota and it gets there on time.

However, a week or so later, she has a problem with her stone.

Will HQ honor her guarantee and ship a replacement to Canada, or will they give her a hard time because she bought it from a party in the U.S.?

I believe they will only ship a replacement within the U.S. Man, you're really thinking! Good for you! I never even thought of that. I think when you call H.O. tomorrow regarding shipping on time to Minnesota you ask them about this. Then let us all know for future reference would you? That's how I found out I couldn't accept a recruit from the U.S. only get a referral bonus. Canadians have to stick with Canadians, Americans with Americans is what I was told.

Last edited:
I called HQ to ask about the shipping but my brain was too addled (after a long convo with a High Maintainance Hostess) to remember the guarantee question.I'm taking a risk and shipping it to Minnesota. Fed Ex is pretty speedy in the states, so I am praying that it arrives on the Minnesota doorstep by Saturday, as they leave Monday morning.I just basically begged her to open the box before she leaves and make sure there is no problem with the stone, becuase I don't want HQ to give her a hard time with the warranty just because she's Canadian. Well, sort of Canadian, anyway. She's not REALLY a Canuck, she just married one!

For those interested in the status ... it is expected to arrive in Minnesota by Friday. YAY!FedEx also said it weighed 11 pounds ... heavier than the whole REST of my order. Anybody want to know how much it would cost to ship that puppy to Canada?

me,me, me.....how much?

Jodi, can I ask how you found out about the referral bonus? I have an English friend who wanted to sign under me but can't because she's from England, not military. I called HO to ask about it but nothing was said about a referral bonus instead. I was just told it couldn't happen because of the currency exchange. (Like that's so hard to do. lol) Is this something they only do with Canadians or any country where the company has a HQ? TIA

Sorry Marisa I won't be of much help. I just know when I called HO regarding a US gal that wanted to sign under me they said she couldn't but at the time (a year ago) I would get $50 (PC I think) if she did in fact sign with a US consultant as a 'referral'. Then when someone asked about signing a Canadian and they were from the US, I shared my info, they too called and were told the same thing. So maybe it IS just a US/Canadian thing? I'm really not sure but wanted to explain my experience. Sorry I wasn't of much help to you.:(

I think USPS said it would have cost minimum $23 and up to $40 .. for a $60 order!!!! After she'd already paid $10.50 to have it shipped to Minnesota.

Both of us got our stuff on WEDNESDAY!!! I love PC and Fedex!!!

Where in Ontario? There is a place called "Ryden's" in Pigeon River, MN which has mail boxes....Canadians order stuff to be delivered there and pick it up.

Near Toronto, I believe. It's a 16 hour drive home in GOOD weather.

How on earth do they get stuff delivered to Pigeon River? Is the town that close to the border?

it is about 45 minutes from where I live (in Ontario) to there....Ryden's is less than a mile from the border. It is very common for some people to drive to the border for gas.

When I lived in Sault Ste Marie, we'd go to Soo Michigan (across a river) for milk, gas and cheese every week. Actually, I lived in Ontario and attended university in michigan.

Toronto is about a 2 days drive from here.

I think Ontario is a HUGE territory ... must be ... look at a map of North America some time and see how many U.S. states it spans.

I can get to Niagara Falls in less than 4 hours and Toronto in 6, and I live just north of Lake Erie ...

Di_Can_Cook said:
I think Ontario is a HUGE territory ... must be ... look at a map of North America some time and see how many U.S. states it spans.

I can get to Niagara Falls in less than 4 hours and Toronto in 6, and I live just north of Lake Erie ...

Yes it is a rather large province. It takes a day and a half to two days to get to Manitoba (the next province west) because we have to go around the lakes in order to get through Ontario. If they'd only make a highway that went straight over it all it would save us all so much time LOL

1. Can I have Pampered Chef products shipped to Canada from Ohio?

Yes, we do offer shipping to Canada from Ohio for our Pampered Chef products. However, there may be additional fees and longer delivery times due to international shipping.

2. How much does it cost to ship to Canada from Ohio?

The shipping cost for orders to Canada from Ohio will depend on the weight of the package and the specific delivery address. You can get an estimate of the shipping cost at checkout before completing your purchase.

3. Are there any additional fees or taxes for shipping to Canada from Ohio?

Yes, customers in Canada may be subject to customs duties, taxes, and brokerage fees upon delivery. These fees are determined by the Canadian government and are not included in the shipping cost. Customers are responsible for paying these fees.

4. How long will it take for my order to be delivered to Canada from Ohio?

Delivery times for international orders can vary depending on the shipping method selected and the destination. On average, it can take up to 2-3 weeks for an order to be delivered to Canada from Ohio.

5. Can I track my package once it is shipped to Canada from Ohio?

Yes, you will receive a tracking number for your order once it is shipped. You can use this tracking number to track your package's progress and estimated delivery date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefannie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • ChefKelebel
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies