• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions About Hosting a Catalog Party for Relatives in Canada

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of a catalog party in Canada for a US-based company, where a person's sister lives. The questions raised include whether or not the Canadian relatives are allowed to purchase from the US catalog, if they would have to pay Canadian taxes if the items are shipped directly to them, and if the sister would be responsible for getting the items to the relatives in Canada if they are shipped to her house in New Jersey. The response is that it is not possible for Canadian consultants to sell in the US and vice versa due to importing/customs regulations and work issues. It is also mentioned that the prices are different. The conversation also includes a personal anecdote about the difficulty and expense of shipping to Canada.
chefannie
I have a question that I have not seen answered - so here goes. My sister lives in NJ and her DH has tons of relatives that live in Canada (brothers, sisters, neices, nephews etc.). She was thinking of doing a catalog party and sending catalogs to her DH's relatives in Canada. So here are my questions:
1. Since DH's relatives are in Canada are they entitled to purchase items in the S/S 08 (non Canada version) catalog?
2. If they have the items shipped to them directly I would assume they pay Canadian Tax - is this correct?
3. If the items are shipped to my sisters house in Jersey it would be safe to assume that my sister would be responsible for getting the items to relatives in Canada.

Well I think that is it? Looking forward to answers.

I am sure that someone else will answer but i am pretty positive that they cannot purchase from US catalog.

Canadian consultants are not supposed to sell in the US and vice-versa. There are importing/customs regulations, as well as work issues (the consultant could be considered working, even if it's a catalog show, and that requires permission and paperwork). Additionally, the prices are different.

Thanks Chef Ann!

Unless the Canadian can pick up her stuff in the U.S., or a kind American is willing to take them across the border on the next visit, then that won't work, since PC won't deliver to Canada.One of my first customers was a transplanted Canadian ... she ordered on a Monday night and it arrived at her mom's place in Minnesota that Friday, while she was home for Thanksgiving.I checked shipping rates and it would have been REALLY expensive to send it to Canada! So we were very fortunate that delivery was that speedy.

1. How do I host a catalog party for relatives in Canada?

To host a catalog party for relatives in Canada, you can simply request a catalog from your Pampered Chef consultant and share it with your relatives. They can then place orders through your consultant using your name as the host. Alternatively, you can also set up a virtual party using our online party platform and invite your relatives to shop from the comfort of their own homes.

2. Can I earn host rewards for a catalog party in Canada?

Yes, as the host of a catalog party for relatives in Canada, you can earn host rewards based on the total sales from your party. Your consultant can help you calculate your rewards and redeem them for free or discounted products.

3. Are there any shipping restrictions for catalog parties in Canada?

We offer shipping to all provinces in Canada, except for Quebec, due to language requirements. However, your relatives in Quebec can still place orders through your consultant and have them shipped to a different address outside of Quebec.

4. How long will it take for my relatives in Canada to receive their orders?

Orders placed through a catalog party typically take 2-3 weeks to arrive, depending on the shipping address. Your consultant will be able to provide you with a more accurate estimate based on the specific location of your relatives.

5. Can my relatives in Canada still take advantage of monthly specials and promotions?

Yes, your relatives in Canada can still take advantage of any monthly specials or promotions that are currently available. Your consultant will be able to provide you with all the details and help your relatives make the most out of their purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • sailortena