1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Can a USA Consultant hold a Catalog Show in Canada?

1. I live in the Seattle area and am just getting started up with PC. My sister has recently moved to Canada and become a Canadian citizen and would really like to help me reach my goals within my first 30 days by hosting a catalog show. Has anyone ever done this before? Can we do this or would she only be able to go through a Canadian consultant? My recruiter is new to PC as well and we both are curious if any of you have dealt with this before and how it worked for you. I do not have a website yet, my recruiter does so I could set things up for guests to shop through her site, but then would everything would out right with currency differences? And also how about using Pampered Partner Plus? I plan to talk it over with our Director and even possibly Home Office, but just wanted to run it by anyone on here and see if you have any advice.

Thanks!! :chef:

Nov 5, 2009
  2. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Only if she can come to your house to get the items when they arrive. They also can't have stuff direct shipped in that case. And they would have to pay with US dollars.

In other words, it's almost impossible to get around all those restrictions. Canadians are supposed to sell to Canadians. An order is possible ... if they can get it in the US ... but a show? Um ... probably not.

I have a Canadian who orders from me ... she is a transplanted Minnesota girl and has her stuff shipped to her mom's house. Mom then hosted a catalog show.

3. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

They would also probably be subject to import taxes as well. So make sure that they check into that! ;)

Nov 5, 2009
  4. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Re-shipping a show into Canada will be ridiculously expensive.

Also, it's very much against policy. It will create problems with local (Canadian) consultants, who will later run into customers who ordered from this show - US prices are VERY different from the Canadian prices. There will also be major problems if any of those customers need to make a return/exchange.

Nov 5, 2009
  5. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Officially, the P&P sates that we are not allowed to market our business outside of the country in which we operate it. There are things you can do to get around that, but the things mentioned above apply.

Nov 5, 2009
Have something to add?