• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Sheila, Please Check in Asap (Earthquake in Japan)

In summary, there has been an 8.8 magnitude earthquake in Japan, followed by a tsunami warning for numerous coasts. The quake was felt as far south as Okinawa, with significant destruction occurring north of Tokyo. There have been 56 earthquakes in the last 8 hours, with most occurring in the north. There is still no word on Yolanda Easton or Angie Millar, who are both in Hawaii.
chefkathy
8.8 magnitude earthquake in Japan
tsunami warnings

Hope you're okay!

Lots & LOTS of shaking going on today, but we are safe. All the earthquakes were 200+ miles NE of Tokyo. I'm a little SW of Tokyo. Some things fell over, but nothing broken no severe damage in our house. All the Tsunamis are north of us. Hubby's getting deployed as are most of the active duty on our base to the northern part of Japan to help in the recovery effort. It's been a bit of a busy day ... but ... I still took the time to go do a Cooking Show tonight! LOL

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_all.htmlWe've had a total of 56 earthquakes on this side of the world in the last ~8 hours. I didn't feel them all this far south ... but lots & LOTS of devastation further north. :(

sheila, so happy you are safe!

Sheila, you were the first person I thought of when I heard the news this morning. Thank you for checking in! Prayers for your safety and the safety of your team!

Sheila,
So glad to hear you're ok. I'm praying for everybody affected. How terrible and tragic!!

Ok, ignore my other post. I should have looked farther down before I posted. So glad you are ok!

Sheila, I am soooo glad that you are ok. My cousin and his family are in Okinowa (sp?) I believe that is an island south of the main island. Guess I had better brush up on my geography! I am hoping that they are ok as well.

And a TRUE Pampered Cheffer...on to do a party today!!! Thank you for checking in and letting us know that you are ok. What a terrible and horrible tragedy. Many prayers out to those effected.

Whew, so glad! I was just seeing the coverage on the news. Just the tsunami footage is horrific and I haven't even seen any earthquake footage yet. They were talking to an official in Maui and it seems that island is supposed to get hit the hardest in Hawaii. So much destruction--it's mind boggling.

My Okinawa team members are all still safe. They didn't feel the earthquake, but they were under a Tsunami warning. The coasts were evacuated, but the reports were that the highest waves were around 1.5 feet tall. So no major damage.It's been several hours since I've heard from my upline, Yolanda Easton. She lives 200 miles north of where all the devastation is here on mainland. I'm hoping it's just a power outage and nothing more serious. Please keep Yolanda, her family & her friends/team in your thoughts.My original recruiter, Angie Millar, is in Hawaii. Please keep Angie, her family & friends in your thoughts/prayers too!

Thanks for updating us Sheila!!! I couldn't sleep last night and had the news on and was awake when it was reported and immediately thought of you!!!! HUGS!

I will definitely be praying for Yolanda and her family. I'm glad you and yours were protected from the devastation, Sheila.

So glad to hear you're safe Sheila! I've been in a Benadyl daze since yesterday morning due to an allergic reaction to MANGOES :eek:. so I haven't had the tv on or been on the computer. Will be praying for all affected by this devastation.

Hope you are feeling better Ruthie!Update: I read on Yolanda's page that rumor has it they are without power. Still no luck reaching her on her cell. Angie in Hawaii's not answering her cell either. :( I'ts 1:18 in the morning here now & I need to try & get some sleep. I feel pretty confident that my 2 year old & 3 year old are not going to let me sleep in tomorrow. ;)

Anybody have connections in Guam? My mom lives there now and I haven't heard from her yet. Were they affected badly and are they without power? She lives on the northside of Guam, on the beach in a 4th floor condo. Last message I saw from her was hours ago and she thought they were going to be okay. It's about 3am there so I'm hoping that she is sleeping. I can only contact her via skype, so that won't work if their power is also out :(

My secretary just saw on CNN that Hawaii was getting hit with 7 foot waves. Also, went on Facebook and my cousin and his family are ok. He too is in the southern region but he knows many people on the island as well. His wife is from Japan and they have lived there for at least 10 years or more.

Prayers to all. Sheila let us know if all are safe and Linda, the same with your Mom...hope everyone had enough warning that the devistation can stop.

Just heard from mom, they are on the opposite side of the island from the waves. All is okay (I kinda figured it was since I didn't hear anything about Guam in the news). It's still dark there so she hasn't seen anything yet.

Glad to hear that all is well!

Linda, Guam is south of Okinawa and the waves that hit Oki were 1.5 feet tall. But for future reference, waves DO wrap around the small islands and (if the waves were bigger) could still be a hazard. Luckily, she's in a safe zone! ;)

Angie's at Hickam Air Force Base and is safe! :D

Still haven't reached the Misawa crowd. :(

They are evacuating a 10 Kilometer radius (a little over 6 miles) around a Nuclear plant that has a small leak. I'm 205 miles from it, Yolanda's about 250 miles from it. The Okinawa crew is about 1,400 miles from it. We are all well outside the evacuation zone. ;)

News is saying Misawa has no electricity, no phone service, no internet and no cell service. According to news reports, the Tsunami water did NOT reach Misawa Air Base. The base has opened shelters where people can come for showers & to get warm. There are just a handful of buildings with generators. Everyone is hunkering down to keep warm, but no reports of major injuries or deaths. One of the 4 Misawa consultants (Tambria) got word out to her family that she herself is safe. Hoping to hear from the others that I know up there SOON! ;)

Yolanda was able to check in with her sister in Texas. They are COLD, but safe! :D She's off base & was able to get online. Still waiting on the ones on base to get internet access & check in. Hope to hear from them soon. ;)

Related to Sheila, Please Check in Asap (Earthquake in Japan)

1. How can I find out if Sheila is safe after the earthquake in Japan?

We understand your concern about Sheila's safety after the earthquake in Japan. We are actively trying to reach out to all of our consultants in the affected areas to ensure their safety. We will update you as soon as we have any information about Sheila.

2. Will the earthquake in Japan affect the delivery of my Pampered Chef products?

At this time, we do not anticipate any delays in the delivery of our products due to the earthquake in Japan. We have contingency plans in place to ensure that our production and shipping processes continue smoothly. However, we will inform our customers if there are any changes to our delivery schedule.

3. Is Pampered Chef doing anything to support relief efforts in Japan?

Yes, we are deeply saddened by the impact of the earthquake in Japan and our hearts go out to all those affected. As a company, we are actively supporting relief efforts through donations and partnerships with organizations on the ground. We are also offering our consultants the opportunity to donate a portion of their sales to these efforts.

4. Will there be any changes to upcoming Pampered Chef events in Japan?

We are closely monitoring the situation in Japan and will make any necessary changes to upcoming events in the affected areas. We will communicate any updates or changes to our consultants and customers as soon as possible.

5. How can I help support Pampered Chef consultants in Japan during this time?

Thank you for your concern for our consultants in Japan. The best way to support them during this time is to continue to purchase Pampered Chef products and support their businesses. You can also donate to relief efforts through our website or by attending one of our virtual fundraising events. Your support means a lot to us and our consultants in Japan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies