• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Glaze on Stoneware? Need Help Asap Please!!!

In summary, Test Kitchens says that the glaze is made of glass, copper oxide, and other materials, and is not plastic or lead-containing.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
I am trying to close out a show and the host is asking me what the glaze is made out of. She would like to get the cranberry stoneware but her mom is anti plastics and such and prefers her stones with no glaze. The host is kind of leaning towards no glaze but wants to know what it is made out of. Can anyone please help??;) :confused:

Thanks in advance! I'm trying to close her show asap!!! I called HO but they forwarded me to Test Kitchens and I had to leave a message. Please help!!

PampMomof3 said:
I am trying to close out a show and the host is asking me what the glaze is made out of. She would like to get the cranberry stoneware but her mom is anti plastics and such and prefers her stones with no glaze. The host is kind of leaning towards no glaze but wants to know what it is made out of. Can anyone please help??;) :confused:

Thanks in advance! I'm trying to close her show asap!!! I called HO but they forwarded me to Test Kitchens and I had to leave a message. Please help!!
I don't know what exactly it's made of but a lot of potters glaze their pottery. Our test kitchens return calls pretty promptly so they should be back with you soon.

Let us know what they say!

Thanks Beth! I will post the answer as soon as I find out!!:D

I think it's a ceramic glaze. Does that sound right to anyone? I am not sure where I am getting that idea, but it sticks out in my mind for some reason.

Thanks Stephanie! I'm still waiting on the official word from HO!! :)

Okay as a ceramist, the glaze is made out of several materials frit, silica, colarants such as copper oxide, the white looks like it could contain black iron oxide. Anyways enough technical stuff. All ceramic glazes are made up of ground up glass, we bake, cook, fire whatever you want to call it untill the glasses melting point. Our stoneware is about 1800 degrees far.

It contains no plastic period, because plastics melting point is much lower than glass. Now our glazes contain no lead either because of the U.S.'s high standards.:D

I hope this helps and is not confusing!

1. What is the purpose of using glaze on stoneware?

Glaze is used on stoneware to provide a non-stick surface and to enhance the appearance of the finished dish.

2. Do I need to season my stoneware before using the glaze?

No, stoneware does not need to be seasoned before using glaze. Simply wash the stoneware with warm soapy water and dry before applying the glaze.

3. How do I apply glaze on stoneware?

First, make sure the stoneware is clean and dry. Then, using a brush or spray bottle, apply a thin and even layer of glaze on the stoneware surface. Allow it to dry completely before using.

4. Can I use any type of glaze on my stoneware?

No, it is important to use a food-safe glaze specifically made for stoneware. Other types of glaze may contain harmful chemicals that can leach into your food.

5. How do I clean stoneware with glaze?

Cleaning stoneware with glaze is simple. Just use warm soapy water and a soft sponge or brush to clean the surface. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaning tools as they can damage the glaze.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • pamperedberry