• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Muffin Pan - When to Take Muffins Out

In summary, the conversation is about the difficulty of removing muffins from a stoneware muffin pan without them falling apart. Some suggestions include using liners, loosening the muffins around the edges, and waiting for the pan to cool before removing them. The seasoning of the pan may also affect how easily the muffins come out. Other uses for the stoneware pan are also mentioned, such as cooking meatballs and making bread bowls.
kcjodih
Gold Member
How long do you let your muffins sit in the stoneware muffin pan after taking it out of the oven before you take your muffins out?

I have no problem when I make cupcakes because I use the liners but no matter how well I spray the pan, I find my muffins end up being destroyed. I either flip them right away and they fall apart. If I let them sit, I use the citrus peeler to scrape around the edge and then try to remove them that way and they still fall apart!

Please help!

I just use the liners when I make muffins in the stoneware muffin pan. Sometimes I still have to loosen them up around the top edges but at least they come out of the pan and not break apart.

It might simply depend on how seasoned your stone is. Mine is VERY seasoned and the muffins come out much easier than they did in the beginning. Occasionally I loosen them with a butter knife. I think they have such a nice texture that I love baking them without papers.

Hmmm, well I've had my muffin pans for at least 8 years. I bought them on the show that I had just before becoming a consultant. I use it at least 15 times a year between cupcakes, muffins once a month and yorkshire puddings a few times a year. The yorkshire puddings cook at 425 for 25 minutes with a small amount of oil in each cup. However, the pans are very seasoned on the flat parts of the pan, not the cup parts for whatever reason. Even with all the oil use for the puddings, the cups are only lightly seasoned and the flat part around each cup and the entire underside are almost black :)

So I'm at a loss as to what works best - sitting a few minutes before removing, removing immediately, cooling completely...nothing seems to be a perfect solution :(

kcjodih said:
Hmmm, well I've had my muffin pans for at least 8 years. I bought them on the show that I had just before becoming a consultant. I use it at least 15 times a year between cupcakes, muffins once a month and yorkshire puddings a few times a year. The yorkshire puddings cook at 425 for 25 minutes with a small amount of oil in each cup. However, the pans are very seasoned on the flat parts of the pan, not the cup parts for whatever reason. Even with all the oil use for the puddings, the cups are only lightly seasoned and the flat part around each cup and the entire underside are almost black :)

So I'm at a loss as to what works best - sitting a few minutes before removing, removing immediately, cooling completely...nothing seems to be a perfect solution :(

Have you ever cooked meatballs in yours? It makes perfect single-serving portions. There is also a PC recipe for Beef BBQ Bundles I have made in mine. (I think that is what it's called) Also, if you flip it upside down, lightly form biscuits over the cups-it makes AWESOME bread bowls! They are perfect for serving chili, beef stew, and other heartier soups and stews.

HTH

1. When should I take my muffins out of the stoneware muffin pan?

The recommended time to take your muffins out of the stoneware muffin pan is when they are fully cooked and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. This typically takes about 20-25 minutes, but can vary depending on your oven and the recipe.

2. Can I take my muffins out of the stoneware muffin pan right after baking?

No, it is not recommended to take your muffins out of the stoneware muffin pan right after baking. Let them cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing them. This allows them to set and prevents them from breaking apart.

3. How do I know if my muffins are done and ready to be taken out of the stoneware muffin pan?

You can test the doneness of your muffins by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, without any batter or crumbs, then your muffins are ready to be taken out of the stoneware muffin pan. You can also lightly press the top of the muffin with your finger, and if it springs back, they are done.

4. Can I leave my muffins in the stoneware muffin pan to cool?

Yes, you can leave your muffins in the stoneware muffin pan to cool, but it is recommended to remove them after 5 minutes. Leaving them in the pan for too long can cause them to become soggy due to the steam trapped in the pan.

5. Do I need to grease the stoneware muffin pan before baking?

No, you do not need to grease the stoneware muffin pan before baking. The stoneware has a natural non-stick surface and greasing it can affect the texture and browning of your muffins. However, if you are using a recipe that calls for greasing the pan, you can lightly brush it with oil or spray it with non-stick cooking spray.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• aPamperedBride
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PC Nut
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • BethanyN