• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Brush Strokes or Cracks on My Stoneware?

In summary, the woman from HO said that the customer has to send in one piece of the DCB to receive a replacement. If the customer breaks the DCB, they have to send the broken piece in first. The customer is also allowed to send a palm-sized piece if it is damaged.
babywings76
Gold Member
I don't know what to do.... I really don't want to be without my DCB, but I'm afraid I need to get it replaced. :cry:

I've been noticing how the stoneware has brush strokes or whatever it is. On the rim of my DCB, as it starts to curve up and out and the glaze begins on the edge, I am seeing what I think are cracks. But maybe they are just deep brush strokes that are becoming discolored with use? :confused: I also see raised little bumps in this one section on the bottom. I fear they are air bubbles that didn't pop yet. I don't want to be without my DCB, so I'm afraid to call and have them tell me I need to send it back! :eek: It's past my 30 days with it (I think).

I would send it back. I just had a similar situation with my DCB. I called HO and explained that I CANNOT BE WITHOUT my DCB. They sent me a new one before I sent mine back. As it turns out, the one they sent was all screwy, so, Fedex had to come back for that one and they sent another one out. The turn around has been amazingly fast! I got two DCB's sent and Fedex picked one up within one week! Anyway, just call HO and let them know you think your DCB is defective and why and that you can't live without it as a consultant. I have found that when I do that, more times than not they send it out to me before I send it back.

Well, the lady at HO said that I have to turn it in first. :cry: Since it's after the 30 days I have to pay for shipping. That is going to be so expensive. I'm so bummed that I'm going to be without it for so long.

She said I could send back either the top piece or the bottom, it doesn't have to be both. I asked her that I've heard that they only require a palm sized piece if it's damaged, so could I break it and send that? She said she was not allowed to suggest that. She had to tell me the policy and let me decide what to do. But that yes, they do accept a palm sized piece if I had a broken stone. So, should I break it and send a piece? Are they just wanting proof of ownership and that I'm not being sneaky and hoarding 2 now? :cool: Or are they wanting to see the actual problem of my stone? I asked her that and she just read the policy again, that they just need me to send in one piece of the item. The top, bottom, or if it was broken-a piece. What would you do? :confused:

Hmmm, sounds like a new person at HO! They tell you that because they don't want to be held liable if someone gets hurt breaking the stone or it breaks something important that you smash it on. If you are comfortable breaking it, I'd say have at it. It will be much cheaper! Really, I would call back on Friday and beg them to send you a new one first. Tell them you really can't be without it as a consultant because you use it at every show. I almost always get my way with that line.

They said that when it's ordered through a show (host benefits) it has to go back first, then they send the replacement. If it was a non-commission order they could send the new one first. Oh well. No shows on the schedule right now and if I get some, I'll just do recipes where I don't use the DCB.However, my husband thinks I shouldn't return it. He thinks I should wait for it to actually crack. He doesn't want me to break it, and it's going to cost a lot to ship it. He thinks that it's impossible to have a perfect piece of stoneware and that it's bad for the company for me to send back one that may be just fine. I do feel guilty. I don't want to send it if it's really just fine, I guess I wish I had another consultant's opinion. Too bad I can't show it to you guys and see what you think.

Take a photo and post it here! We'll let you know what we think!

:cry: My digital camera is broken. I'm getting a new one for Christmas! ;)

babywings76 said:
However, my husband thinks I shouldn't return it. He thinks I should wait for it to actually crack. He doesn't want me to break it, and it's going to cost a lot to ship it. He thinks that it's impossible to have a perfect piece of stoneware and that it's bad for the company for me to send back one that may be just fine. I do feel guilty. I don't want to send it if it's really just fine, I guess I wish I had another consultant's opinion. Too bad I can't show it to you guys and see what you think.

Ask youself these questions
"If I was a normal customer, would I return it?"
"Am I going to miss sales because of the appearance?"
"Am I unhappy with the item?"

If you answer yes to any of these, send it back!

1. What causes brush strokes or cracks on my stoneware?

Brush strokes or cracks on stoneware are typically caused by improper use or care of the product. This can include using metal utensils, exposing the stoneware to extreme temperature changes, or using harsh cleaning agents.

2. Can I still use my stoneware if it has brush strokes or cracks?

If the brush strokes or cracks are minor, you can still use your stoneware. However, if the cracks are deep or extensive, it is recommended to stop using the stoneware as it may break during use.

3. How can I prevent brush strokes or cracks on my stoneware?

To prevent brush strokes or cracks on stoneware, it is important to follow the proper care instructions. This includes using only non-metal utensils, avoiding extreme temperature changes, and hand washing with mild soap and warm water.

4. Can I fix brush strokes or cracks on my stoneware?

Unfortunately, brush strokes or cracks on stoneware cannot be fixed. Once the stoneware is damaged, it is not safe to use and should be replaced.

5. Is it safe to use stoneware with brush strokes or cracks in the microwave or oven?

No, it is not safe to use stoneware with brush strokes or cracks in the microwave or oven. The damaged areas may cause the stoneware to break or shatter during use, posing a safety hazard.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lindsay
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • vonfirmath
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • KatieBeth