• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I store and transport my stoneware without damaging it?

In summary, the author stores her stoneware in the oven and has trouble taking it to parties because she needs to remove something to replace it. She has bought tote bags from people who have extra and stores her stones in a drawer and outside the boxes. She uses flat stones as spacers and stores her most common pieces in the bottom drawer of her oven.
vonfirmath
The only stoneware I own and use right now is the pizza stone. I store it in the oven all the time. But this is a major product line for us, so I need to get over my hesitancy, right?

How do you store your stoneware? I am particularly interested in the Deep Covered Baker. But trying to figure out how to store it, how to take it to parties with me, etc. Without scratching each other/other dishes I have. Right now, my dishes are all stacked together in the cabinet and I'd basically have to remove something to replace with this, so giving it a whole shelf by itself is not an appealing idea.

I have bought no longer available stoneware totes from people who had extra. I wish they would bring a tote back that we could buy.

The new cookware protectors are great for putting between stones to keep them from scratching each other.

I have one of the discontuned stone racks from a few years ago...I also have purchase from a former PC'er her stonewaer tote...works really good for getting stone to shows in one piece

My cabinet got full and hard to get to them so they are in a nice stack on the microwave...I have the old 9x13 and lid, then a large round, then the bar pans nested, then the rect one then usually the DDB. On the right side, the DCB sits on top of a toaster oven. The mini-fluted and fluted usually go in a cabinet...I need something better but it works. I use BIG flat stones as the spacers.

I store most of my flat stones and bar pans in the bottom drawer of my oven (it's electric) and my bigger stones I have in various cabinets. The DCB is on a shelf and I have the lid inverted. Basically, when I take that one or another large one that doesn't have a crust in (like the lg. bar pan) I just carry it separate - not in a bag or anything.

Mine are stacker in various cabinets. I just have to careful (and slow down) when unstacking them. Cant grab N go.-meryl

I have a drawer in my cupboard that slides out ... I put my bar pan in that. The DCB and fluted stone fit fine in my cupboard outside the boxes.

1. How should I clean my stoneware before storing it?

Before storing your stoneware, it is important to clean it thoroughly. Use warm water and a mild soap to wash the stoneware, making sure to remove any food residue. You can also use a nylon scraper or nylon brush to gently scrub away any stubborn stains. Once clean, rinse the stoneware with water and dry it completely before storing.

2. Can stoneware be stored in the refrigerator or freezer?

Yes, stoneware can safely be stored in the refrigerator or freezer. Just make sure to let it come to room temperature before placing it in a preheated oven to prevent cracking. Also, avoid putting stoneware directly from the freezer into a hot oven, as this can cause it to crack.

3. How do I prevent my stoneware from staining or developing a patina?

To prevent staining or developing a patina, it is important to properly season your stoneware before using it. This involves rubbing a small amount of vegetable oil over the stoneware and baking it in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. Repeat this process periodically to maintain the seasoning and prevent staining.

4. Can I stack my stoneware when storing it?

Yes, you can stack your stoneware when storing it. Just make sure to place a layer of paper towels or cloth between each piece to prevent them from scratching or chipping. It is also important to not stack stoneware that is still warm, as this can cause it to crack.

5. How should I transport my stoneware for potlucks or parties?

When transporting stoneware for potlucks or parties, it is important to use a sturdy, padded carrier to protect it from bumps and drops. You can also place a towel or cloth between each piece to prevent them from rubbing against each other. Avoid placing stoneware in direct sunlight or extreme temperatures during transportation, as this can cause it to crack.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Monty060609
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Denarella
  • KatieBeth