• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Safely Storing Stoneware: Stackable & Compatible with Pans?

In summary, stoneware can be stacked and stored with other pans, but it is recommended to avoid stacking it on top of non-stick pans. It is also important to be careful when pulling out stoneware to avoid scratching or damaging other pieces. Some suggestions for storing stoneware include using racks, keeping glazed and non-glazed pieces separate, and storing like with like. Scratches on stoneware can be cleaned with a paste of baking soda and water.
Monty060609
How do you store stoneware? Can it be stacked? stored with the pans?
I don't want to break it or scratch it or mess up my other pans.

We stack ours..and don't have any problems..and we just keep it with our other bakeware.

I probably wouldn't put it on top of non-stick pan of any sort, but you can stack them on top of each other and maybe put a pan on top of the stone. They're pretty tough!

I have an entire cabinet full of just stoneware, and it's stacked. I have a few pieces that I don't use often (old round stones), that I keep in the original boxes, so it helps with a little 'cushion'. I just try to be really careful when pulling something out not to bang it against another piece. I probably have too much, but if I didn't store it that way, it would be scattered all over my kitchen!!!

I stack mine, but keep the glazed ones each separate (or with a cookware protector in between them). Other pieces of stoneware can really scratch up the glaze if you're not careful with how they are touching each other.

i keep my round stones and bar pan in the oven...and when i am not using them just put them on the counter...we have very VERY limited cabinet space in our rental but i do keep my DCB and my rectangular baker on top of my cabinets they match my decor in there!

I have racks from Bed Bath and Beyond that fit our skinny cabinet next to the stove. That way they aren't stacked on top of each other. One rack has all my stoneware and muffin tins. The other one has cutting boards and metal sheet pans.

i got gray scratches in mine when i take them to shows, anything we can do to clean them up?

Try a paste of baking soda and water and rub it in to the scratch.

I have our old stoneware racks that I have the non-glazed in. Then, I have my glazed sw displayed on my server. The non-stick cookware is on my pot rack, and bakeware in a skinny cabinet next to oven.

I have a cupboard with a pull-out thing where I keep my cookie sheets and flat stones. I just store like with like (round with round, bar pan with reg. sheets) and it's fine. The bakeware (glazed and not) get stacked. Pie plate goes with the other pie plates. Small bar pan goes with the other sheets

Related to Safely Storing Stoneware: Stackable & Compatible with Pans?

1. How should I stack my stoneware pieces to avoid damage?

When stacking stoneware, it is important to place a layer of parchment paper or a dish towel between each piece to prevent scratching or chipping. Additionally, it is recommended to stack the larger pieces at the bottom and the smaller pieces on top for stability.

2. Can I store my stoneware in the refrigerator or freezer?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in the refrigerator or freezer. However, it is important to allow the stoneware to come to room temperature before placing it in a hot oven to prevent cracking.

3. Are Pampered Chef stoneware pieces compatible with other cookware brands?

Yes, our stoneware is compatible with most other cookware brands. However, it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions for your specific cookware to ensure safe use.

4. How do I clean my stoneware before storing it?

Before storing your stoneware, it is important to clean it with warm water and a mild dish soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers, as they can damage the stoneware's surface.

5. Can stoneware be used on the stovetop or under the broiler?

No, stoneware is not safe to use on the stovetop or under the broiler. It is intended for use in the oven only. Using stoneware on the stovetop or under the broiler can cause the stoneware to crack or break.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vonfirmath
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Denarella
  • kahluakiggy