• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theBest Way to Store Stoneware??

In summary, most people store their cookware on their sides in a narrow space between a shelf and a wall. Some people also store their cookware in vertical file holders.
Get_Pampered
Gold Member
Hi everybody! I am a newer consultant but already have an entire cupboard dedicated to stoneware in my kitchen and I love it! :sing:
I am looking for a better way to store my stoneware. I currently have them nicely stacked however, it is not much fun when I need the stone on the bottom of the stack (so heavy!). Does anyone have a better idea? What do you guys do in your kitchens?

I have the exact same problem, so I'm anxious to see what everyone else says. I have every piece except for the mini-loaf pan, and some old, retired ones too.

I have a narrow cupboard where I store my stones on their sides. Well, it's where I store my pizza stones, bar pan and rectangle stone. My DCB is stored with its lid inverted & resting on top on a separate shelf in a different cupboard. I keep my deep dish baker & mini oval baker stacked on top of it. In the same cupboard, different shelf, I keep my fluted stone, rectangular baker & 12-cup muffing stone stacked one on top of the other. I think that covers my stones - lol.
My question is .... how / where do you all store your cookware & lids?? Even with the protectors, I find them tricky to stack nicely.

Well I'm not going to be much help but I have 2 stoneware stands that are now retired and I put all my flat stones in them. The other ones are stacked in my cupboard. I use the cookware protectors in between.

I remember reading someplace (years ago) that it's not good for stones to be stacked. Not that it changes anything - the cupboard under my wall oven is stuffed to the gills with my seldom-used stones, all stacked on top of each other. My frequently used pieces live in another cupboard in a SW storage rack. Which, of course, isn't available in our catalog any more. My flat stones live in their boxes in the space between that cupboard and the fridge.

Since we can't get the Stoneware Storage Rack any longer (which I use for my flat stones), you can use a vertical file holder from your local office supply store. The not-so-flat ones are, of course, stacked, with the smaller ones inside the larger ones.

I have most of my frequently used ones in a stoneware rack and the others are stacked in the drawer under my stove. My pie plates and stoneware fluted pan are stacked in another cupboard. And those I only use a couple times a year are stacked in another cupboard.

Thanks for all your feedback. I really wish I had one of the stoneware racks I keep hearing about!

Right now my little kids get into my cabinets. I'm so scared that they are going to go for the stoneware. So I have them stored in a stack (now I'm nervous after reading Ann's post ;) ) in a pull out drawer under my range top. My bakers I keep in other cabinets where ever I can find a spot. I wish I could get them more organized.

I have a metal rack just like the old stoneware rack from PC. I don't remember where I bought it, but I store all my "flat" stoneware in it. I have my DCB in a cabinet.

I just cleaned up my stoneware cabinet using 2 stoneware racks. Most are stored on their sides. Less frequently used ones are stacked on the top shelf.

Not to hijack but this fall as a way to get invited to some "crafts only" shows in town, DH and I made some "faux" PC Stoneware racks which we signed up to sell as wood crafts. They got me into the show and once there I was able to hand out free recipes with my contact info on them as well as sell the racks. I will post something in the Marketplace section later tonight in case anyone is interested. I had planned to sell the extras on eBay or give as Christmas presents but we'll give Chef Success a try.​

I also saw a tip to put small tension rods (like you might use for curtains) vertically in your cabinet to store things like cookie sheets, etc, on their sides.

Our guest bedroom is right off the kitchen & it is now called the PC room. :) I store all of my stoneware in the old padded totes. I have about 4 or 5 of the navy that will hold 1pc each & then a large tote w/3 sections that 3 of my 7 flat stoneware go. The rest are leaning against the wall. :) My other half is really not liking it but we have no other spot.

I have a very handy husband, who built vertical shelves for me in the space where we used to have an old microwave. There are several slots, and it's where I have the following stored:

DDB in first slot (unglazed)
large bar pan, w/ small round stone inside it - 2nd slot
Med. bar pan, w/ small bar pan - 3rd slot
rectangle stone & round SA platter - 4th slot
Rectangle server, with small oval baker - 5th slot
DDB - glazed - 6th slot
Large & Medium sheet pans - 7th slot
Oval Baker - 8th slot
12 Cup Muffin stone - 9th slot

The rest (fluted, pie plates, mini bakers, mini loaf, loaf, square bakers, 6 cup muffin, and unglazed rectangle baker) are all stored, stacked in a cupboard.

Wow - writing it all out, I realize I have a ton of stoneware!:eek:

I have my flat pieces of stoneware next to my stove all on thier sides. My rectangle baker, square baker and 6 cup mffin pan are stacked on top of each other in a different cupboard. Right next to the 2 loaf pans that I have. I also have me covered baker on the top shelf of that cupboard. The stones with handles, mini fluted stone, and luted stone are in boxes on top of my cupboards.

When we redo our kitchen, The Furry Guy has plans to create a special stoneware cabinet to hold all of mine. That may be a little while, though.

This probably isn't too helpful - but I store the medium and large bar pans and the 9 x 13 baker in the old stoneware storage rack on the counter next to the stove. The small bar pan lives in the toaster oven.

I keep the large round stone with the fluted one on a shelf in the oven and the large and small oval next to the pie dish on the bottom oven shelf. (I have to take them all out and put them on the counter when I use the oven) The muffin pan is in the bottom storage drawer of the oven.

The rest (mini loaf, mini fluted, loaf etc) are all in their boxes in the pantry/storage area downstairs.

It is hard to keep them all organized isn't it?!

This is exactly why my friend asked me when I'll know I have enough PC. I told her I didn't understand the question.She went on to explain that, since I have lots of PC and was talking about new SAT levels (this was last year), she was curious when I would decide that I didn't need any more. I reiterated that I didn't understand the question. That was when she asked if there was a 12-step program for PC addicts. I assured her there was no need. None of us wants to change. :)

I keep mine below my oven, in the pull out drawer, I have a 40+inch stove, so there is plenty of room for several sections.

Left side has Rectangular baker, with now 2 large bar pans on top (using my bar pans most frequently)
Middle has mini baker and square baker
Right side has deep covered baker, with lid upside down in the baker
The door on the left side has 6 cup muffin pan on top, with small round stone on top of that and mini muffin pan
Below it I keep my fluted stone (not used often) with medium bar pan on top.

I love the storage space that when I was looking at new stove/ovens this year they told me only a few companies make the 40 inches and I'd have to special order. I never did get it but I keep thinking I should get it soon before they never make the 40 inches ever again! Its the best size if you have the room for it!

I have done this for years and have never had an issue with any stoneware breaking or cracking. Oh and I leave my round stone in the oven because I use it most frequently!!

vwpamperedchef said:
I keep mine below my oven, in the pull out drawer, I have a 40+inch stove, so there is plenty of room for several sections.

Left side has Rectangular baker, with now 2 large bar pans on top (using my bar pans most frequently)
Middle has mini baker and square baker
Right side has deep covered baker, with lid upside down in the baker
The door on the left side has 6 cup muffin pan on top, with small round stone on top of that and mini muffin pan
Below it I keep my fluted stone (not used often) with medium bar pan on top.

I love the storage space that when I was looking at new stove/ovens this year they told me only a few companies make the 40 inches and I'd have to special order. I never did get it but I keep thinking I should get it soon before they never make the 40 inches ever again! Its the best size if you have the room for it!

I have done this for years and have never had an issue with any stoneware breaking or cracking. Oh and I leave my round stone in the oven because I use it most frequently!!

Oh, yeah - I forgot about my round stone! Mine lives in my oven too!

My large & medium round w/ handles, I keep in the boxes.

ChefBeckyD said:
I have a very handy husband, who built vertical shelves for me in the space where we used to have an old microwave. There are several slots, and it's where I have the following stored:

DDB in first slot (unglazed)
large bar pan, w/ small round stone inside it - 2nd slot
Med. bar pan, w/ small bar pan - 3rd slot
rectangle stone & round SA platter - 4th slot
Rectangle server, with small oval baker - 5th slot
DDB - glazed - 6th slot
Large & Medium sheet pans - 7th slot
Oval Baker - 8th slot
12 Cup Muffin stone - 9th slot

The rest (fluted, pie plates, mini bakers, mini loaf, loaf, square bakers, 6 cup muffin, and unglazed rectangle baker) are all stored, stacked in a cupboard.

Wow - writing it all out, I realize I have a ton of stoneware!:eek:

My hubby is very handy too. He got wooden dowels at the store & installed them, at an angle, in my microwave stand. He had me measure different pieces & made the slots different sizes. Unfortunately I need another cabinet or two with the dowel rods because I have way more stoneware than I have space!! I'll see if I can get a good picture & post it.

In the cabinet under the stove top, I installed two pull-out 'lid organizers' that I used to use for metal cookie trays and pizza pans. Now, I use them to store my flat stones and bar pans.

raebates said:
this Is Exactly Why My Friend Asked Me When I'll Know I Have Enough Pc. I Told Her I Didn't Understand The Question.

She Went On To Explain That, Since I Have Lots Of Pc And Was Talking About New Sat Levels (this Was Last Year), She Was Curious When I Would Decide That I Didn't Need Any More. I Reiterated That I Didn't Understand The Question.

That Was When She Asked If There Was A 12-step Program For Pc Addicts. I Assured Her There Was No Need. None Of Us Wants To Change. :)

So True!!!!!

What is the best way to store stoneware?

The best way to store stoneware is to stack it with other stoneware pieces or place it in a cabinet with a soft cloth or paper towel between each piece. This will prevent any scratches or damage to the stoneware.

Can stoneware be stored in the fridge or freezer?

Yes, stoneware can be stored in the fridge or freezer. However, it is important to let the stoneware come to room temperature before placing it in a preheated oven to avoid any potential cracking or damage.

Do I need to season my stoneware before storing it?

No, stoneware does not need to be seasoned before storing. However, it is important to make sure the stoneware is completely dry before storing to avoid any potential mold or mildew growth.

Can I stack my stoneware in the oven for storage?

No, it is not recommended to stack stoneware in the oven for storage as it can cause uneven heat distribution and potentially damage the stoneware.

How can I prevent my stoneware from getting stained or discolored?

To prevent staining or discoloration, it is important to avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on stoneware. Also, make sure to rinse off any food residue before storing and avoid storing acidic foods in stoneware for extended periods of time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Monty060609
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • kahluakiggy
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • vonfirmath