• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Storing Multiple Pieces of Stoneware in a Small Space?

No, I don't have wire racks as shelves. I use the dowel holes in the ends of the racks to hang pots and pans from.
kahluakiggy
How do you all store it? I know very well that I can't be the only consultant ending up with obscene amounts of stoneware. Or maybe I am... :rolleyes: Nah... You can't all have huge gourmet kitchens, either. So how do you store your stoneware? Is it ok to stack it? How fragile is it, exactly? Will it stand up to about the same things that pyrex will, or will it break really easily?

TIA!!

I will take a pic for you... wait a few mins!

I have mine all stored inside of eachother, on top, on bottom, all over....on the bottom shelf of my baker's rack.

I have my flat items in the stoneware rack - about 2 per slot. I stack my 9x13" bakers, deep dish baker, stoneware bowl (the old one not available anymore), square baker and pie dish to the left. I've staked 7-8 items for a long period of time without damage.

(I use one bottom cabinet - without any shelves in it and stack to the top).

Oh, that's good to know. I have my rectangular baker on top of my large bar pan on top of my large round. It's pretty heavy. lol It's good to know that it won't hurt anything (except maybe the microwave, which they're sitting on top of! :rolleyes: ) And congratulations, Janet!!

Here ya go-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Gilliandanielle/100_2386.jpg

Thanks Gillian!

I wish I had enough space to be able to leave that much open space! haha, my cabinets have everything stacked to the top in each of them!!

I used to have it all stacked but I only ever used the top piece because I was too lazy to dig!!

Another little place you can stash a couple is in the 1-2" space between a cabinet and an appliance. There's a little gap like that between one of my cabinets and my fridge. I keep my Large Round and Rectangle stones (1 round, 3 rectangles) in the original boxes and stand them on end in the gap. LR on the bottom, 2 rectangles on top, and 1 rectangle on top of those 2.

My cabinets don't go all the way to the ceiling in my kitchen, so I keep my stones on top of my cabinets. DH and I are tall, so it works for us.

Well, if you look at my avatar you'll see how mine is stored!They are over the washer, on two shelves. However, they are about to spread out onto a shelf over the dryer when my most recent order arrives. Then I'll need to find room for the fluted pan and the deep covered baker. And once I've started another shelf, well, I might as well fill it up, too! On those racks are: TOP SHELF: pie dish, oval baker, square baker, round baker, 2 small ovals, 6 cup muffin pan, round baker (old), mini baking bowlBOTTOM SHELF: large bar pan, 2 large round stones, rectangle baker, rectangle baker bowl, deep dish baker, baking bowl, medium bar pan.There's a woman on Ebay who makes racks similar to our stoneware racks. I had her make these for me to the measurements I need. They are 36" long and have dowel holes every two inches for maximum versatility. I also asked her to pre-drill holes in the ends of each so that I could screw them down to the shelves.I love them, it keeps the stoneware handy and frees up the cabinets in my tiny kitchen. I'll be contacting her to get another one for the shelf over the dryer.Ann

Last edited:
cooking.with.ann said:
Well, if you look at my avatar you'll see how mine is stored!

They are over the washer, on two shelves. However, they are about to spread out onto a shelf over the dryer when I get a few more pieces!

There's a woman on Ebay who makes racks similar to our stoneware racks. I had her make these for me to the measurements I need. They are 36" long and have dowel holes every two inches for maximum versatility. I also asked her to pre-drill holes in the ends of each so that I could screw them down to the shelves.

I love them, it keeps the stoneware handy and frees up the cabinets in my tiny kitchen.

Ann

Hmmm....my mind is thinking now of all of the nooks and crannies! That is a great idea... Do you have wire racks as shelves? (below the stoneware racks) I am just wondering because the stoneware can get really heavy... TIA :)

I just ordered 4 of the stoneware racks and Im hoping my handy father in law will make me a cuboard so that I can have those on the shelves, then I could use other shelves for other PC products, however...who knows when this would happen.:rolleyes:
I have a tiny kitchen & really no space for anything new :( so i have to come up w/ a way to design this cabinet & talk him into it:D
Apprecitate the pictures, thanks! :)

I keep my rectangular stone, round stone & medium bar pan in the brolier section of the stove. We never use it and the heat from the stove doesn't bother them. Everything else is in its original box and stacked on my microwave card on the bottom shelf. This is an improvment because it used to be stacked on my kitchen table!

jenniferknapp said:
Hmmm....my mind is thinking now of all of the nooks and crannies! That is a great idea... Do you have wire racks as shelves? (below the stoneware racks) I am just wondering because the stoneware can get really heavy... TIA :)

NO, the shelves are made of 2 2x12s that are put together to give me a 24" deep shelf. I don't know that the wire shelves would be sturdy enough to make me feel comfortable.

The shelves in the picture were in the house when we moved in. Hubby put some over the dryer, we found brackets at Home Depot certifed for 500# of weight, each, so we used those figuring that they would be strong enough for anything! Right now one of those shelves holds my microwave oven, with micro cookware next to it. The top shelf will become the next stoneware area.

Now, if I can just find someplace for the Simple Additions and the woven pieces....

Ann

cooking.with.ann said:
NO, the shelves are made of 2 2x12s that are put together to give me a 24" deep shelf. I don't know that the wire shelves would be sturdy enough to make me feel comfortable.

The shelves in the picture were in the house when we moved in. Hubby put some over the dryer, we found brackets at Home Depot certifed for 500# of weight, each, so we used those figuring that they would be strong enough for anything! Right now one of those shelves holds my microwave oven, with micro cookware next to it. The top shelf will become the next stoneware area.

Now, if I can just find someplace for the Simple Additions and the woven pieces....

Ann

Thanks so much - I need to start looking "up" a little more around my house than down!

My woven selections are all stacked together with the stoneware! The smaller SA pieces are in my dinner plate/bowl/mug cabinet, and the larger platters that don't come out very often are standing up in their boxes in my cabinet underneath my sink. (along with the cooling racks and carving board)

kahluakiggy said:
Oh, that's good to know. I have my rectangular baker on top of my large bar pan on top of my large round. It's pretty heavy. lol It's good to know that it won't hurt anything (except maybe the microwave, which they're sitting on top of! :rolleyes: )

And congratulations, Janet!!

That's exactly how I store mine. I have mine on a shelf I bought that sits on my counter. Under it are my cookbooks and spices, on top is my round stone, large bar pan, rectangular baker, and small oval baker, ult. mandoline and stoneware rack. Gosh, I need MORE SPACE!! LOL

I have all my glass wear in 2 large cabinets so as I get more stone ware, I plan to just get rid of that. I use to have a huge pantry I miss soo much. You could fit 5 people in it. It would have been perfect for the stones,....but as we have learned, you don't need a gourmet kitchen to use PC, have PC or store PC. It can work for anyone and with anyone. That is what is soooo great. I think the racks are great. I am going to order a couple more for my cookware lids. That is awesome!!!!

I've kept all boxes for all my stoneware. I have a big storage rack in my basement (large black wire type one from Lowe's). Unfortunately I need another one as my current one is now filled with stoneware and simple additions (no room left for other tools). I keep just my flat stones (lg round, rect and sm & med bar pans) in a cupboard upstairs. Those are the ones I use frequently so have them handy, and just run downstairs when I need another. Can't stand the scratching of stones together hence the reason they're all in their original boxes :p

I got an awesome cabinet at Dirt Cheap. I had been searching for one but the ones I saw in the furniture stores were $500 and $600, but the one I got at DIrt Cheap was $190 and only had one little messed up lace. I have most of my PC Stuff in it. I need to look into adding a shelf in the bottom though b/c it is getting full and I had to stack more than 4 or 5 on top of each other.

If my internet connect was fast I would post a picture of it but it would take half the day to up load!

If I could find someone else for my row of cookbooks I could create a whole nother shelf, but my book cases are full.

1. How do I store multiple pieces of stoneware in a small space?

To store multiple pieces of stoneware in a small space, you can stack them on top of each other. Make sure to place a layer of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat between each piece to prevent scratching. You can also use a stoneware caddy or organizer to keep them neatly stacked and easily accessible.

2. Can I store stoneware in the refrigerator or freezer?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in the refrigerator or freezer. Just make sure to let it come to room temperature before placing it in a preheated oven to avoid thermal shock. Also, avoid drastic temperature changes, such as placing hot stoneware directly into the freezer.

3. How should I clean and dry stoneware before storing it?

To clean stoneware, allow it to cool completely before washing it with warm, soapy water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners that can damage the stoneware. After washing, thoroughly dry the stoneware with a clean towel before storing it to prevent any moisture from accumulating.

4. Can I stack different sizes of stoneware on top of each other?

Yes, you can stack different sizes of stoneware on top of each other. However, it is important to make sure that the larger pieces are on the bottom to provide a stable base. You can also use risers or shelf inserts to create more space for stacking different sizes of stoneware.

5. Is it safe to stack stoneware in the oven?

It is not recommended to stack stoneware in the oven as it can prevent proper air circulation and result in uneven cooking. If you need to use multiple pieces of stoneware in the oven at the same time, make sure to leave enough space between them for air to circulate. You can also rotate the dishes during cooking for even results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Monty060609
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • vonfirmath
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • KatieBeth