• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Storage Space in a Small Kitchen with Stoneware Racks

In summary, the stoneware rack can be used to store pots and pans without them getting banged up. It is also better than putting two or three pieces of NT in each one. The stoneware rack can also be used to hang the pots.
siderits
Ok, I totally treated myself (and my DH) with the cookware sets (used half-price combo from one of my shows) as a Christmas gift to each other.Anyway, with my small kitchen, I struggled with how to store them without getting them all banged up. Until I get some cookware bags, I stacked the pots/pans with thin towels, but BETTER YET, the lids stack perfectly using the stoneware rack. The smallest cover is the only one that doesn't fit great (too skinny), but that's easy to just put one cover on the pot.Now I just need the rack to go back on the outlet so I can get another for my stoneware. :p

Last edited:
I used my stoneware racks for this too!! It worked more efficiently than puting two or three pieces of NT in each one!

I need a place to hang the pots. I don't have the shelf space right now, so they have been sitting out on my bar area. I want a pot rack that either attaches to the wall (but most of those that I have seen won't even fit our 7 piece set) or something like a baker's rack. I can't have it hanging from the ceiling because our ceiling is 15 feet high! Any suggestions?

you can hang it from the ceiling and have extra long chains!! my uncle's house had 2 eyelet hooks up really high on the ceiling when he bought it...and that is what they are for!! :)

Yeah, but it would break up the architectural flow of the house...I live with two artists...hubby and his bro.

haha ok ok...hmmm..I do have a bakers rack, but decided it would look too cluttered so instead of storing thing on the top 2 shelves I have it decorated for christmas! but most of my stoneware does fit on the bottom...

I really don't like the baker's rack thing because if it has a horizontal surface, I will pile stuff on it. I was just wondering if anyone had any out of the box ideas. I did think about hanging them under the bar area - we just use it as more counter space. However, hubby says it will devalue and deface the house....we are planning on selling sometime in the future - not sure when.

what about a portable island sort of thing? they are fully of storage and usually have a cutting board on top...

good idea...I'll look into that...any more ideas?

jenniferknapp said:
what about a portable island sort of thing? they are fully of storage and usually have a cutting board on top...

I SOOOOO Want one of these!:D

I think that Lowe's has some pretty nice ones for a few hundred dollars...maybe this could be an expense for your pc testing!!

Get individual hooks that are artistic for hanging the pots from? So someone looking at the house would think it was art?

With 2 artists in the house could they design something cool and find someone to custom make it?

Now that is definately out of the box! Keep em coming!!!

The one I am wanting is at potracksgalore.com. If you click on wall racks, and scroll down some, it is the French style.. you can get it in different colors, and with some extra hooks, I think it was around $99, which I thought was really good, Just my 2 cents.

That is a great site. This one looks cool http://tinyurl.com/upsgy .

I got mine at potracksgalore.com!!!! Bought it last year around this time. I love that french style one, but it's too wide :( Our hangs above our sink, and on each side is cupboards that open, so of course take away a lot of the usable space on that wall... and there is no other place to hang one..... apartment living has it's +'s and -'s ;)

I saw an artsy house on HGTV and they had their pots hanging on hooks from an old ladder laying across the tops of two cabinets. THAT is out of the box!!

I have a small kitchen with a low ceiling, and really wanted a pot rack - so my DH knocked a hole in the ceiling, and made a large skylight, with room for a potrack to hang from there! I got my potrack, and also alot more light in the kitchen! He's a builder though - w/ alot of creative ideas. We live in a small ranch house in an area where there are a lot of houses that all look just the same inside and out - except ours - he has totally remodeled everything, and there is nothing original in the house anymore - except one bedroom! It's nice to live with a creative person!

tlennhoff said:
Thanks! I just sent this link to DH! I have wanted a pot hanger forever but he is mr unhandy so the ceiling would not be a good place. I have limited walls but this one would work! Unfortunately it would be in the breakfast nook but that's not TOO far from the stove. lol

I also have an impossibly small kitchen (9x9)! I do have a pot rack though...it was a necessity! Before we move backed to the states, I used a basket ladder that DH built. We hung it above the refrigerator since I never used the cabinets up there and it was the only space that we could hang them without having someone hit their head.

Maybe a very simply designed rack above the fridge? It is often under used space......

I want a potrack. But, I have not really found one I like. I did find one on ebay a couple years ago, but can't find anything like it anywhere else. I don't like to buy from ebay. I do have a friend who uses an old ladder for a potrack. It looks wonderful in her kitchen. She has garland strung through it. My kitchen is not country, so that won't work for me.

There is a stainless steel table with a rack over it. I have seen them in restaurant supply stores. They look nice. I thought about that, but I don't have any other stainless in my kitchen...other than the sink. But, it would be a great portable piece that could be used as food prep space as well.

I have a stand from Williams Sonoma that holds my cookware it is like a tower. It has 5 "shelves' my cookware fits perfect on it. it gets smaller as it goes up to accomaodate smaller pieces of cookware.
I also have one from At Home America (direct sales company my friend sells) it holds my antique serving bowls. they both take up evry little space and I get lots of comments about them.
I have low ceilings so I can't hang one. In the other house we lived in we had one on the wall and in the middle of the night it crashed to the floor and dented many of my Gen II pieces. I think over time it just wiggled loose from the anchors. We thought someone drove thru our kitchen window.
Teresa

thechefofnorthbend said:
I SOOOOO Want one of these!:D

In one of the few "build it yourself" projects, Husband actually made me one of these for our totally dysfunctional, stupidly laid out, probably designed by a man or woman who HATED to cook, kitchen. It was from a project sheet at one of home stores. Two cabinets, backed up together. A piece of counter over top, some handles and wheels and viola... portable rolling storage and workspace.

Teresa Lynn said:
I have a stand from Williams Sonoma that holds my cookware it is like a tower. It has 5 "shelves' my cookware fits perfect on it. it gets smaller as it goes up to accomaodate smaller pieces of cookware.
I also have one from At Home America (direct sales company my friend sells) it holds my antique serving bowls. they both take up evry little space and I get lots of comments about them.
I have low ceilings so I can't hang one. In the other house we lived in we had one on the wall and in the middle of the night it crashed to the floor and dented many of my Gen II pieces. I think over time it just wiggled loose from the anchors. We thought someone drove thru our kitchen window.
Teresa

I have tears in my eyes imagining this scene, Teresa!! LOL!
:D

cmdtrgd said:
I need a place to hang the pots. I don't have the shelf space right now, so they have been sitting out on my bar area. I want a pot rack that either attaches to the wall (but most of those that I have seen won't even fit our 7 piece set) or something like a baker's rack. I can't have it hanging from the ceiling because our ceiling is 15 feet high! Any suggestions?

Ikea has great bars for hanging them ~ I want to get some of my own. My neighbor has them. They look really nice!

tlennhoff said:
Does anyone have THIS pot rack? Would it hold all of our Executive cookware? I want something that will let me hang the complete set but I have limited space for the rack (28 inches). The reviews on their site are great but I need to be sure before I buy. That's the trouble with on-line. Is there a brick and morter store that has them - I haven't had luck finding them! Or is there a better one out there??

Thanks for your input.

I have this one: http://www.potracksgalore.com/wall-pot-racks/various-colors/products.cfm?action=view&key=RP006

It's the only one that will fit in my little kitchen :( On it I have the 7-piece Executive set, grill pan, stir fry skillet and small saute' pan. It's loaded... I don't know where I'll keep the rest of it when I get it!!!! lol

1. How many stoneware racks can fit in a small kitchen?

The number of stoneware racks that can fit in a small kitchen will vary depending on the size of your kitchen and the amount of counter and cabinet space available. However, our stoneware racks are designed to be compact and space-saving, so you can easily fit multiple racks in a small kitchen.

2. Can the stoneware racks be stacked?

Yes, our stoneware racks are designed to be stackable, making them perfect for maximizing storage space in a small kitchen. You can stack multiple racks on top of each other to create more storage space in your cabinets or on your countertop.

3. How do I clean the stoneware racks?

To clean our stoneware racks, simply wash them with warm, soapy water and a soft sponge or brush. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal scouring pads, as they can scratch the surface of the racks. It is also recommended to dry the racks thoroughly before storing them to prevent any potential damage.

4. Can the stoneware racks be used for other purposes besides storing stoneware?

While our stoneware racks are specifically designed for storing stoneware, they can also be used for other purposes. You can use them to store other kitchen items such as cutting boards, baking sheets, or even spices and oils. The versatility of our stoneware racks makes them a great addition to any small kitchen.

5. Are the stoneware racks durable?

Yes, our stoneware racks are made from high-quality materials and are built to last. They are designed to withstand the weight of stoneware and other kitchen items, making them a durable and reliable storage solution for your small kitchen. With proper care, our stoneware racks can last for many years to come.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefRiGuy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • cooking.with.ann
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies