• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Rust Stains from Stoneware

In summary, there are a few different methods you can try to remove rust stains from stoneware, including using baking soda and lemon juice, vinegar and salt, cream of tartar and hydrogen peroxide, or a commercial rust remover. It's important to note that these methods may not completely remove the stains and may require multiple attempts. It's also recommended to store stoneware properly, such as with stackable cooling racks, to prevent rust stains from occurring in the future.
ChefKeender
Does anyone know how to remove rust stains from stoneware? I had a customer who stored a metal pan on top of her bar pan, then it all got wet somehow, and now the rust problem. I suggested baking soda. Can anyone offer another solution?
Thanks!

The baking soda paste is the only way to get metal or rust off. Incidentaly, she should not store the stoneware underneath anything. A great way to store it is with our stackable cooling racks...or she could get the stoneware racks that are back on the outlet.

There are a few different methods you can try to remove rust stains from stoneware:1. Baking Soda and Lemon Juice: Make a paste using equal parts baking soda and lemon juice. Apply the paste to the rust stains and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Scrub the area with a soft-bristled brush or sponge, then rinse with water.2. Vinegar and Salt: Mix equal parts vinegar and salt to make a paste. Apply the paste to the rust stains and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Scrub the area with a soft-bristled brush or sponge, then rinse with water.3. Cream of Tartar and Hydrogen Peroxide: Mix 1 tablespoon of cream of tartar with enough hydrogen peroxide to make a paste. Apply the paste to the rust stains and let it sit for 30 minutes. Scrub the area with a soft-bristled brush or sponge, then rinse with water.4. Commercial Rust Remover: You can also try using a commercial rust remover specifically designed for stoneware. Follow the instructions on the product carefully.It's important to note that these methods may not completely remove the rust stains, especially if they have been there for a long time. You may need to repeat the process a few times or try a combination of methods to completely remove the stains.

1. How do I remove rust stains from my stoneware?

To remove rust stains from stoneware, mix equal parts of baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the rust stain and let it sit for 20-30 minutes. Then, scrub the stain with a non-abrasive sponge and rinse with warm water. Repeat if necessary.

2. Can I use bleach to remove rust stains from stoneware?

No, bleach is not recommended for removing rust stains from stoneware as it can damage the surface of the stoneware. Stick to using baking soda and water paste or other gentle cleaning solutions.

3. How do I prevent rust stains from forming on my stoneware?

To prevent rust stains on stoneware, make sure to thoroughly dry the stoneware after each use. Do not let water sit on the stoneware for extended periods of time as this can cause rust to form.

4. Can I use steel wool or other abrasive materials to remove rust stains from stoneware?

No, using abrasive materials can damage the surface of the stoneware and make it more susceptible to rust in the future. Stick to using non-abrasive sponges and cleaning solutions specifically designed for stoneware.

5. How often should I clean my stoneware to prevent rust stains?

It is recommended to clean your stoneware after each use to prevent rust stains from forming. If you notice any rust stains, make sure to clean them as soon as possible to prevent them from becoming more difficult to remove.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • MainStChef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • koren
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies