• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Tips for Removing Red Sauce Stains from Stoneware - Expert Advice!

In summary, Tina suggests baking soda paste to remove red sauce stains from stoneware. Diana suggests using a scraper with HOT water to remove the stain.
dianafeller
Gold Member
Hi All!!!! Anyone have any suggestions for removing red sauce stains from stoneware. One of my customers is asking and I have never had this happen. I am a little confused as I thought that the stoneware wouldn't stain.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maybe suggesting the baking soda paste over night and see if that gets it off?

I did and she tried that. It didn't work.

Mine stained once but it washed out the next time I baked something else in it.

Hmmmm. That's why I like the glazed stoneware so the only stains are on the inside where food is covering it up. All my stones look pretty yucky but with food in it, who cares? (Sorry I couldn't help.)

it will fade as she continues to use it. No biggie.

Does any one have a tip on getting out a sticky substance under a stone. My mother is having problems with this.

Thanks, Tina

A baking soda paste works well on this. Let is set for an hour or so then use your scraper on it with HOT water. :)

A baking soda paste works well on this. Let is set for an hour or so then use your scraper on it with HOT water.

Thanks Diana for the info will try this.

Tina

gilliandanielle said:
Mine stained once but it washed out the next time I baked something else in it.

Same here. When I cook in it again, the stain comes out. It happens to me everytime I make lasagna.

It's interesting that you are asking the very question I had on my mind this
morning. I had used my Deep Covered Dish to make Stuffed peppers in last night. It was great and could easily hold six peppers with room to spare. Anyway, I was too lazy to soak and clean the dish last night. Had to get out
to the Holy Thursday service, and forgot when I got back home. The red diced tomatoes stained some of the insides. I'm thankful that it is low in the dish and when full, will not show. Glad to hear that it might bake out with
something else I might use it for, in the future.

Grandmarita said:
It's interesting that you are asking the very question I had on my mind this
morning. I had used my Deep Covered Dish to make Stuffed peppers in last night. It was great and could easily hold six peppers with room to spare. Anyway, I was too lazy to soak and clean the dish last night. Had to get out
to the Holy Thursday service, and forgot when I got back home. The red diced tomatoes stained some of the insides. I'm thankful that it is low in the dish and when full, will not show. Glad to hear that it might bake out with
something else I might use it for, in the future.

I have done the same before...just didn't get it cleaned out and it sat overnight with red sauce from lasagna. It stained a little, but has since come out. (I think with the next thing I cooked in it!)

If the baking soda paste doesn't work, tell her just to keep using it and see if it works. (Have her bake a 99 cent box cake mix in there!)

What are stoneware stains?

Stoneware stains are discolorations that can appear on the surface of stoneware cookware. They are caused by the natural absorption of oils and food particles into the porous surface of the stoneware.

How do I prevent stoneware stains?

To prevent stoneware stains, make sure to properly season your stoneware before use by rubbing it with oil and baking it in the oven. Avoid using metal utensils, as they can scratch the surface and make it more prone to staining. Also, try to avoid cooking acidic or strongly colored foods in your stoneware.

Can stoneware stains be removed?

Yes, stoneware stains can be removed. You can try using a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste and gently scrubbing the stained area. You can also try soaking the stoneware in a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water for a few hours before scrubbing. If the stains are particularly stubborn, you can also use a commercial stoneware cleaner.

Are stoneware stains harmful?

No, stoneware stains are not harmful. They are purely cosmetic and do not affect the performance or safety of the stoneware. However, if you are concerned about the appearance of your stoneware, you can follow the steps mentioned above to remove the stains.

Can stoneware stains be prevented altogether?

While it is normal for stoneware to develop stains over time, there are some steps you can take to prevent them altogether. These include properly seasoning your stoneware, using non-metal utensils, and avoiding cooking acidic or strongly colored foods. Regular cleaning and maintenance can also help prevent the buildup of stains on your stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefKeender
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • koren
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
h_simcox
  • MainStChef