• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My CC Bakeware Discolored - Has This Happened to You?

In summary, my mom baked a couple of loaves of a muffin mix and one of them had blueberries in it. Since blueberries touch the pan it now has a blue mark. The product use and care instructions from CC said to use a stainless cleaner if rust looking stains appeared, but no help. Someone else on Pinterest suggested baking soda paste to clean the pan, and that may be what she tried. I've tried it and it works great!
mspibb
Gold Member
Today my mom baked a couple of loaves of a muffin mix. Since she was doing 2 she put one in my Stoneware loaf pan and the other in the metal bakeware. The one in the bakeware had blueberries in it and every place a blueberry touched the pan it now has a blue mark. It is definitely a discoloration. I looked at the product use and care on CC and it said for rust looking stains use a Stainless cleaner, so I tried that. No help. Anyone else had this happen?

i would try baking soda paste....maybe it would help....
i definitely dislike the bakeware because of that very reason....all of mine has discolored for some reason or another....i bought them at different times.

Remember: "The worse they look, the better they cook!"

EmilyStraw said:
Remember: "The worse they look, the better they cook!"

she's talking about the metal loaf pan, not the stoneware one. I'm a stoneware convert and hate to use metal. Wish they'd come out with a stoneware brownie pan, maybe then I'd buy it.

lt1jane said:
she's talking about the metal loaf pan, not the stoneware one. I'm a stoneware convert and hate to use metal. Wish they'd come out with a stoneware brownie pan, maybe then I'd buy it.

Use the muffin pan. They'd be round brownies. ;)

I've thought about that. I may have to experiment a bit...

A guest of mine learned the hard way that some foods stain. She called HO after doing something with tomatoes because it stained the metal. I don't remember what other foods they said would do this.

for those of you on pinterest..here is a great idea for cleaning the aluminum bakeware!!!!

The "miracle" of baking soda and peroxide. Put 1/4 cup of baking soda in a bowl.....add enough peroxide to make a paste. Rub on with fingers or sponge. Cleans EVERYTHING! Stove, oven, pans, stainless steel applicances.

1. Why did my CC bakeware discolor?

Discoloration of CC bakeware can happen for a few reasons. It could be due to high heat, acidic ingredients, or oils and fats that were not properly removed during washing.

2. Can I still use my discolored CC bakeware?

Yes, you can still use your discolored CC bakeware. The discoloration does not affect the functionality or safety of the product. However, if the discoloration bothers you, we recommend trying some cleaning methods to remove it.

3. How can I remove the discoloration from my CC bakeware?

To remove discoloration, try scrubbing the affected areas with a mixture of baking soda and water, or white vinegar and water. You can also try using a non-abrasive cleaner specifically designed for bakeware. Make sure to dry your bakeware completely after cleaning to prevent further discoloration.

4. Can I put my CC bakeware in the dishwasher?

Yes, you can put your CC bakeware in the dishwasher. However, we recommend hand washing for best results. If you do choose to use a dishwasher, make sure to use a mild detergent and avoid high heat settings.

5. Will Pampered Chef replace my discolored CC bakeware?

Pampered Chef offers a limited lifetime warranty for our products. If your CC bakeware is within the warranty period and the discoloration is due to a defect, we will be happy to replace it for you. Please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
millthayer
Replies
Views
OhmyDLM
  • scottcooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies