• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ceramic Skillet Has "Divots"--Sticky Notes Don't Stick to It

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of a new ceramic skillet and the discovery of divot style pock marks on the inside surface. The speakers mention using only scrapers and bamboo spoons on the skillet and the possibility of high heat causing the marks. One speaker has already had an adjustment done and received a new skillet, while the other is waiting for theirs to arrive. Despite the marks, both speakers love the skillet and plan to continue using it.
gailz2
Gold Member
I, too, love my new ceramic skillet. And who knew that a sticky note would not even stick to the inside? I noticed on m skillet after warming up some homefries yesterday that there is a divot style pock mark on the inside surface. I have only used scrapers and bamboo spoons on it. Upon inspection there is another divot style mark where the coating has not been broken right next to it. Be sure to check yours out carefully before taking it to shows. I just called in my adjustment since it was "earned" and there was no place to do an adjustment on line for it. Now I have to wait for mine to get there before they send another out. I begged for it not to be shipped smart mail (takes 2 weeks to over a month to reach me that way). She has no control over that--warehouse determines that. I will miss my new cookware!

I was able to do an online adjustment for mine through CC. I did the adjustment on the FFA package and they emailed me wanting to know which item in the package needed the adjustment. Went from there. Which reminds me, I need to send that in!

Click to expand...I have had mine since January and there are a few spots that are pitted and I have only used the bamboo spoons and scrapers. I had an adjustment done on one and they sent me a new one and told me to toss the old one. I am going to keep using it though and see what happens. I love it too much to give it up. I am sure they will send me a new one as well. I love it too much to give it up. I do know that if you cook at high heat, it will do that. I have been cooking on medium heat and it seems better. Good luck with it. I am sure they will send you a new one as well.

1. How do I prevent food from sticking to the ceramic skillet?

In order to prevent food from sticking to the ceramic skillet, it is important to properly season the skillet before use. This can be done by lightly coating the skillet with oil and heating it in the oven for 30 minutes. Additionally, make sure to preheat the skillet before adding any food and avoid using metal utensils that can scratch the surface.

2. Why do sticky notes not stick to the ceramic skillet?

The divots on the surface of the ceramic skillet are designed to create a non-stick cooking surface, which can also cause sticky notes to not adhere properly. The divots create small air pockets that prevent the sticky side of the note from making full contact with the surface of the skillet.

3. Is the ceramic skillet safe to use with all types of stovetops?

Yes, the ceramic skillet is safe to use with all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. However, it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions for any specific guidelines or recommendations for your stovetop.

4. How do I clean the ceramic skillet?

To clean the ceramic skillet, it is best to hand wash it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge or cloth. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal scrubbers, as they can damage the non-stick surface. If food is stuck on the skillet, you can soak it in warm water before cleaning.

5. Can I use the ceramic skillet in the oven?

Yes, the ceramic skillet is oven safe, up to a certain temperature. Most ceramic skillets can withstand temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, but it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions for the specific temperature limit. Additionally, make sure to use oven mitts when handling the skillet, as it will be hot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sk8Mom209
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tash
  • finley1991
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI