• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Use Sand Paper on Stoneware

In summary, using sandpaper on stoneware is not recommended as it can damage the surface and affect its non-stick properties. It can scratch the surface, compromise its non-stick properties, and cause damage to rough edges. Additionally, it is not effective for removing burnt-on food or cleaning stoneware. It is best to use alternative methods such as a stoneware cleaning brush or soaking in hot water for cleaning and smoothing rough edges.
Jennie4PC
I have a friend who is about ready to close her show and she was wondering if she could sand the bottom of her stoneware down. She just spent 10,000 on a brand new kitchen and her mini loaf pan scrached her counter. She loves the stoneware but she is now leary to get it due to being afraid of it being rough on the bottom. I have emailed the test kitchens but haent gotten an answer yet

I imagine she could try, but I don't know that it would do any good. Stoneware is a type of ceramic, and that's what's used to file other things down. It's pretty hard stuff.Sell her a couple of hot pad/trivets to protect her counters. :)

I use my cooling rack. It's great when my stones come out of the oven.

Yes, I have used sandpaper. I had a chip out of my muffin pan and sanded down the edge so that it wasn't sharp!

It's too late for my counter tops, but I would, in the future, always put a dish towel underneath my stones when preparing recipes. That is what I do at shows.

You can use the silicon hot pad also. I put that down on my corian countertops and set my stones on it. It prevents slipping around as well as protects from the heat.

1. Can I use sandpaper on my stoneware to remove stubborn stains?

No, using sandpaper on stoneware can damage the surface and affect its non-stick properties. It is not recommended to use any abrasive materials on stoneware.

2. Will sandpaper scratch the surface of my stoneware?

Yes, sandpaper can scratch the surface of stoneware and compromise its non-stick properties. It is best to avoid using any abrasive materials on stoneware.

3. Can sandpaper be used to smooth out rough edges on stoneware?

No, sandpaper is not recommended for use on stoneware as it can cause scratches and damage the surface. It is best to use a stoneware smoothing tool or a damp cloth to smooth out rough edges.

4. Will sandpaper help remove burnt-on food from my stoneware?

No, using sandpaper on stoneware can damage the surface and affect its non-stick properties. It is best to use a stoneware cleaning brush or soak the stoneware in hot water to remove burnt-on food.

5. Can I use sandpaper to clean my stoneware?

No, sandpaper is not recommended for cleaning stoneware as it can cause scratches and damage the surface. It is best to use a stoneware cleaning brush or soak the stoneware in hot water to remove any dirt or stains.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cwinter474
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
dragonflyz
  • LeslieSGI
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • KatieBeth