• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Our Stoneware Be Used in Propane Ovens?

In summary, the stoneware can be used in propane ovens, but be cautious because the chicken may have been unthawed and the stone was room temperature when placed in the oven.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Can our stoneware be used in propane ovens?

I have a past host that got the large round stone at her show in September. She emailed me that it broke and sent a piece in with her receipt to get a replacement. She also ordered 2 large bar pans in February since she was still using metal pans and LOVED her large round. She uses it regularly for chicken somehow?!?

I saw her today (she received her pans last week) and she said 'you're never going to believe this!"....her large bar pan cracked in two! She explained that she took my advice after her other one cracked last month (and the replacement hasn't arrived yet) and made sure the chicken was unthawed or almost completely thawed and placed in her oven before turning it on (so no preheating the oven and placing frozen chicken in there on a room temp stone) and it still cracked!

She stated that her propane oven is always warm even when it is 'off' so she thought that might be the problem. But I know her personally and she's such a sweet soul that I just know she's telling the truth that the chicken was unthawed (or darn well close to it), the stone was room temp, and the oven was off when she placed the stone with chicken in, turned it on, and when she checked later.....another broken stone!

So....can you use with a propane stove? I know not on a barbecue or open flame but I'm not sure about propane. I need to let her know now that she has 3 pieces (2 needing replacement). The only other one she ever had and still has in one piece (knock on wood) is the mini baker which she also loves.

I would call the HO on this one. The test kitchens can help you.

I have a propane oven and use stoneware all the time.... for many years... Good advise from Deb to ask HO.

My oven is propane. I've never had any problem. Is she letting the food sit in/on the stoneware before putting it in the oven? Sometimes that will cool the stone enough to cause too great a temp change. I always tell people to put the food on/in the stoneware just as they're getting ready to put it in the oven.

I also have a propane oven at my cottage, and I've never had a problem. (except my own fault!) However, my oven is an oldie and it gets darn hot, and cooks everything super fast.

Some of my stoneware I have had for 10 years. In that time I have used it in all the places AI have lived: electric (5 years), Natural gas(3 years) and propane ovens(2 years).

I have never had a problem.

I truly think it may just be bad luck!

DO you have any of the stoneware tip sheets you could give her? I say if she does everything correctly and they are still breaking then her stones must have hairline cracks in them.

I would also worry about what else she is doing with the stones, other then cooking on them. Does she use the broiler? The high/direct heat can cause the hairline cracks...

I have a gas oven..... and I haven't had any problems......... I would call HO about it!!

I mentioned that people on here had propane ovens and no problems and here's what she wrote back to me:

I wonder if they have electric ignition on their ovens my 1st one did but I opted for a pilot light this time and my oven is never cold!

Would anyone here know what this means and if it would make a difference?

Not sure? I have electronic ignition on mine.

I have never had a problem with the stoneware in my oven (probably just put a curse on myself :eek: !!) I always preheat my oven and then put my stoneware in. Never had a problem, never even thought about putting it in the oven before preheating.

Not sure if this helps at all!?

Kelly

Yes, it can. I own a RV and camp alot and use my stone in the propane oven.

kcjodih said:
I mentioned that people on here had propane ovens and no problems and here's what she wrote back to me:

I wonder if they have electric ignition on their ovens my 1st one did but I opted for a pilot light this time and my oven is never cold!

Would anyone here know what this means and if it would make a difference?

I would guess that the electric ignition is that all you have to do is push the button for the oven to light, if not you will then have to open the oven door and use a match to light the pilot light to start.

It is likely that she has an always lit pilot light based on her description. That would be why her oven is always a little bit warm - because there is always a small flame going. I cannot think why that would affect the stoneware unless she is storing them in the oven when not in use (with the lit pilot this would dry them out very quickly).

I believe PREHEATING the oven is the answer. I too, have an RV, and have
no problems. The Product care instructions warn not to BROIL in the stoneware, and not to use on direct heat such as a stovetop. I had one family member make the mistake of turning on a burner under a stoneware product that was cooling on the burner surface. It did crack in that case,
and the error was in customer use.

1. Can I use Pampered Chef stoneware in a propane oven?

Yes, our stoneware is safe to use in propane ovens. It can withstand high temperatures and is designed to be used in various types of ovens.

2. Will using stoneware in my propane oven affect the taste of my food?

No, using our stoneware in a propane oven will not affect the taste of your food. In fact, stoneware is known for evenly distributing heat and creating a delicious, crispy crust on baked goods.

3. Do I need to preheat my propane oven before using stoneware?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat your oven before using stoneware. This ensures that the stoneware is evenly heated and helps prevent any potential cracking.

4. Can I use stoneware on the stovetop of my propane oven?

No, stoneware is not suitable for use on stovetops, including propane ovens. It is designed for use in the oven only.

5. How do I clean my stoneware after using it in a propane oven?

You can clean your stoneware by hand-washing it with warm water and a mild soap. Avoid using harsh scrubbers or metal utensils on the stoneware, as this can damage the non-stick surface. It is not recommended to put stoneware in the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• missymssy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pattikake
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
letscook04
  • ChefJessica95765