• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Check In: Irresistible Destinations 2010 (Sept)

In summary, A number of participants in the thread have updated their progress in qualifying for a trip, with Colleen and Laurie being on track for Toronto and Becky and Kate qualifying for Maui. Janice is still working hard to reach her goal of Maui, while Sandra is happy with her progress and taking the money option instead of the trip. Lori and Anne are both motivated to qualify for Maui, and Becky has earned her trip with silver level Maui and is aiming for gold. Finally, everyone congratulated each other for their successes.
baychef said:
The $900 Visa card is looking mighty fine!:party:

Come to Toronto Ann! I'll buy you a cocktail if you come! PLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

:D

pcjenni said:
i did it... Earned maui today with the shows i submitted

yeah!!!!!!

baychef said:
You are all rockin!!! Congratulations! I am over 53,000 with 5 recruits but I want Mauii but it won't happen. As the Rolling Stones once sang...you don't always get what you want...and if you try sometime, you get what you need!! The $900 Visa card is looking mighty fine!:party:

Don't say that yet!!!! I am at 53,00 and I think it will happen, I have 3 recruits that are half way qualified, I want 3 more this year, but I can still earn it with 2 more. Taking out what I am submitting for Oct and bonus points, I will need about 12,000 between November and Dec sales. You can do it.

finley1991 said:
Come to Toronto Ann! I'll buy you a cocktail if you come! PLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

:D

Thanks, Colleen, but Toronto doesn't do a thing for me..and I could use the $900 to make it to conference!!!:chef: Love ya and thanks for the invite!

baychef said:
Thanks, Colleen, but Toronto doesn't do a thing for me..and I could use the $900 to make it to conference!!!:chef: Love ya and thanks for the invite!

Fine... fine... I'll just sit and drink alone........

I was going to take the gift card for Toronto, but hubby asked me tonight about the buy-in for the toddlers to go. Guess he's wanting to fly from Japan!

I actually do have a friend in that area who's on pins & needles wanting me to come out & visit! LOL

cincychef said:
Don't say that yet!!!! I am at 53,00 and I think it will happen, I have 3 recruits that are half way qualified, I want 3 more this year, but I can still earn it with 2 more. Taking out what I am submitting for Oct and bonus points, I will need about 12,000 between November and Dec sales. You can do it.

I have no leads and no one that has signed that has not qualified. I have tried harder all year to not be this far away and I was ahead of the game until June, July and August. I have time to do parties, but could not find enough bookings. Too far behind to make it up now. The travel incentives were one of my favorite things to earn but they have set the bar too high for me to reach the ones that I want now. Just a fact of life. I work full time in an administrative job and thought at one time I could retire at not such an old age and do PC at the same time...then came the Career Plan change. I keep plugging along and building. Just grateful for what I have. :pray:

(((hugs))) Ann!

Sheila said:
(((hugs))) Ann!

Thanks, Sheila...guess I sounded down, but it is just reality now and slowly I am getting it through my head that it is just life..it is what it is! I wanted to go to France, didn't want to go to Disney but if there was any trip I would put myself out for..it's Hawaii. Ok...enough...I love my $900 Visa!!! And Colleen, I am so sorry that I am leaving you high and dry in Toronto...but I have a feeling that you will have lots of good company to help keep the good times going!!!

baychef said:
And Colleen, I am so sorry that I am leaving you high and dry in Toronto...but I have a feeling that you will have lots of good company to help keep the good times going!!!

Okay... somehow I'll survive....

With the sales that I've submitted this weekend - I am $1800 away from the Toronto Trip....or at least the $900 gift card!

Way to go Becky!!!! :D I'm 3500 away from Toronto!

Wahoooo to you all! I'd have loved Maui but knew I wasn't willing to work for it. =X I set my sights for that $900 gift card for a cruise for the hubby and I, and I do believe I'll be getting it. =) I am only 4,664 away...that doesn't include the paid as points that I'll be getting (at least 750) nor the 2000 I'll get for a recruit on the edge of qualifying....leaving me with 1914 to submit in sales by Dec 31st.....so long as no wrenches are thrown in....the card is mine! WHOO WHOO. 1st trip earned so I'm feeling kind of excited.

Way to go Becky!!!Colleen and Laurie, you CAN do this!!! ;)

jwpamp said:
Almost there...I have 72,000 points so far. 6 qualified recruits are taken care of and I have 2 more working on their $1250. When they qualify I will be at 76,000.

I have 2000 in sales I am waiting to submit, that would bring it up to 78,000.

1 more Oct show, a 2-day booth event and a few catty shows to close, November has 6 cooking shows and 2 catalog shows so far. December has 2 and 2 also.

Well, 1 of my last 2 is going to qualify -- of that I am sure -- not too sure on the other, though. 1 new lead is ready to sign this month, too. If I just had 3 qualify I would be done.

I had a very small booth show on Halloween Weekend, and if no other recruits qualify but for the 1 I am sure of I will need $3000 more in sales. I have 6 more cooking shows and 2 catalog shows on the books before I take my "Christmas" vacation. I like to close shop from Dec 15th - Jan 5th except for last minute orders and such -- no shows for me. Family time and a much needed break!!

The clock is ticking....

Cheering everyone on -- let's get those trips, girls!

Way to go Janice! You'll get there!!!I'm <2k away from Toronto.

I'm sitting at 49,114. I only have 1 Cooking Show for Nov and she's thinking about signing as a Consultant (which means I'll give her that first show). I already have 1 recruit for the month who has a pretty full calendar and will probably qualify before the end of the month, and a 3rd recruit who also wants to sign on payday 15th), then that big fundraiser that starts today and closes on the 18th. One potental Catalog Show at the end of the month. Then only one Dec Cooking Show as of now. I feel confident that sales will get me to Toronto. I already have 8 qualified recruits, so these last three will be bonus points. But I'd love for the fundraiser to take off and put me up to the Hawaii level! ;)

I have $1600 to go - and 2 consultants still qualifying. Although I have 6 qualified this year, so I'm already set there...it's just if only one qualifies, then I'm set! I'll be there before the end of this month. Whew!

Nice Becky! I wish I wasn't pushing it so close to the deadline. The move to Tokyo really put a damper on the progress I was making earlier this year! :rolleyes:

Chefbeckyd said:
I have $1600 to go - and 2 consultants still qualifying. Although I have 6 qualified this year, so I'm already set there...it's just if only one qualifies, then I'm set! I'll be there before the end of this month. Whew!

Wahooo!! Will this be your first trip? I know ya mentioned the gift card but I am telling you, if at all possible, you should go and experience a trip with the Pampered Chef. If I hadn't earned Maui I still would have gone to Toronto and probably had an amazing time. The trips they send us on are such a treat. Talk about making us feel pampered.
My first year as a consultant I earned Miami, and even though it wasn't Paris or Mexico it was still soooo nicely done. We had a great time, and did I mention it was a free trip?
Plus do you know how many consultants never earn one at all?
Anyhooo.. I just wanted to throw that out there.:D

Great job, Becky! I am pushing to get this done before the end of November -- I had a fellow Director friend who earned one of the trips on the last day of the year -- that's too close for me!!! :-0

beckyjsmith said:
Wahooo!! Will this be your first trip? I know ya mentioned the gift card but I am telling you, if at all possible, you should go and experience a trip with the Pampered Chef. If I hadn't earned Maui I still would have gone to Toronto and probably had an amazing time. The trips they send us on are such a treat. Talk about making us feel pampered.
My first year as a consultant I earned Miami, and even though it wasn't Paris or Mexico it was still soooo nicely done. We had a great time, and did I mention it was a free trip?
Plus do you know how many consultants never earn one at all?
Anyhooo.. I just wanted to throw that out there.:D

Yes, first trip!

If it was just about anywhere else, I'd probably be dying to go. However, there are so many reasons not to want to go to Toronto.

1. It's in April. Toronto in April could still mean COLD. By April, I will have had enough of that. We could drive to Toronto any day if we wanted to be there for more cold weather. :)

2. Some of the things that we'd really like to do in Toronto don't open until May (see #1 for the reason why!) Most of the "insider tips" are about shopping, and shopping districts. Neither of us enjoy shopping. Or Hockey. and while I enjoy visiting Chicago, my DH really hates large cities. Niagara Falls - yep, already been there several times.

3. It's in the middle of a school week. With my son's health issues, and having to find child-care for him that would include 2 days of school, plus find someone who could watch our dog....for us, it's just not worth it for a trip to Toronto.

I guess I feel like that now that I'm on the right track, there will be other trips. For this one, we are really excited about the $900 gift card to help us fund our own dream vacation. But, you know what? We could still always change our minds! LOL!

Chefbeckyd said:
Yes, first trip!

If it was just about anywhere else, I'd probably be dying to go. However, there are so many reasons not to want to go to Toronto.

1. It's in April. Toronto in April could still mean COLD. By April, I will have had enough of that. We could drive to Toronto any day if we wanted to be there for more cold weather. :)

2. Some of the things that we'd really like to do in Toronto don't open until May (see #1 for the reason why!) Most of the "insider tips" are about shopping, and shopping districts. Neither of us enjoy shopping. Or Hockey. and while I enjoy visiting Chicago, my DH really hates large cities. Niagara Falls - yep, already been there several times.

3. It's in the middle of a school week. With my son's health issues, and having to find child-care for him that would include 2 days of school, plus find someone who could watch our dog....for us, it's just not worth it for a trip to Toronto.

I guess I feel like that now that I'm on the right track, there will be other trips. For this one, we are really excited about the $900 gift card to help us fund our own dream vacation. But, you know what? We could still always change our minds! LOL!

Yep! And doesn't it rock to have that option? Way to go!!!

Congrats Becky!!! That rocks! Isn't it exciting?

I'll be getting that Visa too! My 1st earned trip!! =D I'm 1207 away from earning....I I have one consultant who is $450 away from qualifying and still has 2 shows scheduled this month. So that'll definitely get me the trip. But I'll be sure to submit that in sales, just in case. Yay!!

(Last year, I lost the trip because the consultant who was $166 away from qualifying, and earning me the trip, decided to submit it the 1st week of January....I was so distraught and decided not to rely on someone else submitting.)

Awe man Laurie! I can't even imagine how frustrating that would have been! :(Congrats on being so close! You can do it!!!

Jolie_paradoxe said:
Congrats Becky!!! That rocks! Isn't it exciting?

I'll be getting that Visa too! My 1st earned trip!! =D I'm 1207 away from earning....I I have one consultant who is $450 away from qualifying and still has 2 shows scheduled this month. So that'll definitely get me the trip. But I'll be sure to submit that in sales, just in case. Yay!!

(Last year, I lost the trip because the consultant who was $166 away from qualifying, and earning me the trip, decided to submit it the 1st week of January....I was so distraught and decided not to rely on someone else submitting.)

I would have been distraught too - and banging my head against a wall, possibly. :eek:

Congrats to you too, Laurie!

Thanks Sheila....I consider it a done deal. :D

Yes Becky....took me a couple of months to shake it off. The kids were looking forward to it as they knew mommy was gone so much so that PC could send us to Disney. You could have heard my gasp and groan when I realized what happened. BUT the MOST AWESOME thing is that PC will be sending us to Disney, thanks to the gift card! Mommy is able to keep her word, even if it was a year later. :D

YOU GO GIRL! Congratultions on a super year! SUPER exciting!

I wondered about the weather there and feel the same way about the shopping thing. On the other hand... I wouldn't mind time alone with DH and just sleeping in and doing nothing! :) I am praying about what to do... I need two to qualify... have the points but not quite the people but I believe that 2 of the 4 I am waiting on to qualify will. DH and I don't have passports so that would be an additional expense. I wish I could get excited about Toronto... and maybe I will just to have the time away! I know God will grant the peace about what to do. How does it work with the airfare... if you drive... is there an option about cash or not? I'm not seeing it anywhere so I'm assuming no.

Chefbeckyd said:
Yes, first trip!

Jolie_paradoxe said:
Thanks Sheila....I consider it a done deal. :D

Yes Becky....took me a couple of months to shake it off. The kids were looking forward to it as they knew mommy was gone so much so that PC could send us to Disney. You could have heard my gasp and groan when I realized what happened. BUT the MOST AWESOME thing is that PC will be sending us to Disney, thanks to the gift card! Mommy is able to keep her word, even if it was a year later. :D

This is a great story! I love that you can go to Disney another way on PC!

quiverfull7 said:
YOU GO GIRL! Congratultions on a super year! SUPER exciting!I wondered about the weather there and feel the same way about the shopping thing. On the other hand... I wouldn't mind time alone with DH and just sleeping in and doing nothing! :) I am praying about what to do... I need two to qualify... have the points but not quite the people but I believe that 2 of the 4 I am waiting on to qualify will. DH and I don't have passports so that would be an additional expense. I wish I could get excited about Toronto... and maybe I will just to have the time away! I know God will grant the peace about what to do. How does it work with the airfare... if you drive... is there an option about cash or not? I'm not seeing it anywhere so I'm assuming no.
Di - if you don't fly, you get $600 travel allowance. WOW! That's a good deal. (especially when it's only a 5 hour drive. :))I'm not sure about other states, but here in MI, you don't have to have a passport to go into Canada - you can get a special version of a drivers license - it's about $20 more than a regular license - and that works the same as a passport at the border. It's much cheaper than a passport, though! Maybe you could check into that? Like I said, I don't know if that's a MI DL, or if other states have the same option.

With the $250 meal allowance and $600 travel allowance, it makes more sense for me to take the trip vs the $900 card. I'm in MI too and it's about a 4.5 hour drive for me and with the trip, I sleep and see my friends! :)

finley1991 said:
This is a great story! I love that you can go to Disney another way on PC!

Thanks Colleen. I think it's all about reframing. :D I am really happy that the kids will go to Disney on PC. You should see their faces! They told everyone that PC is sending them to Disney, and now they too are glad that they're bragging rights have been validated. lol

I tell the team that we must set goals and deadlines, but that if the goal isn't met by the targeted date...then we readjust the time as needed. That a goal is not dead just because we didn't meet it when we hoped to. I tell them that for every time adjustment made, we then need to also adjust our strategy and effort. If I ask the team to do that, then it means it applies to me too. He He

Can't wait to see those of you that earned Toronto in TORONTO! :) I will earn it!!

pampmomof3 said:
Can't wait to see those of you that earned Toronto in TORONTO! :) I will earn it!!

YAY! When I submit the show I did today, I will have *officially* earned Toronto! Can't wait to have a cocktail with you Kristi!!!!! :party:

YAY Colleen! That makes me so happy for you! Is this your first trip with PC? Can't wait for you to meet my hubby too! :)

pampmomof3 said:
YAY Colleen! That makes me so happy for you! Is this your first trip with PC? Can't wait for you to meet my hubby too! :)

YES! My first trip!!!!! I can't wait to meet him as well! This is going to be REALLY fun!!!!

OMG -- will this trip ever happen??? I had 2 cooking shows cancel earlier this month and turn into Catalog shows (one lost her job and one has a really mean ex that she STILL LIVES WITH who won't let her host a show in "his house"), then I had a really sad booth yesterday and just got a call from my cooking show tonight -- which is switching to a catalog show because of poor turnout (only 3 confirmed).

For heaven's sake. I know this will happen, but it's soooooo dramatic. I hate drama!! Ugh!

(((hugs))) Janice!

Hang in there, Janice!! I had 2 hosts totally blow me off last Saturday and this Saturday. Right in prime selling season. UGH! I feel your frustration.

I will be topping 63,000 points soon with 5 more parties to close this month and 4 next month. Still won't make 80,000 points unless they give us double quadruple points right now!

Still happy with the $900 gift card. Probably will be paying income tax this year.:cry:

It's officially posting on consultant's corner that I have 52,496 points and I have earned TORONTO!!!!

YAY Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party:

finley1991 said:
It's officially posting on consultant's corner that I have 52,496 points and I have earned TORONTO!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go!

WHAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Colleen!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!

congrats Colleen!!!!

Okay... not that I'm expecting a parade or fireworks, but since this is my first trip achievement, what happens next? Do I get notified that I've earned it? :eek:

Yay Colleen!!!!! Congrats!! I don't think there was any kind of official email when you first earn it. In maybe January or early Feb, you'll probably get an email about when you need to regsiter and officially claim whether you're taking the trip or the gift card.

But it's just awesome to know you earned it already!! Way to go on your first trip!

Thanks Becky!!!! :)I'm pretty excited now! It took a while to sink in and feel proud of myself. My upstairs neighbors decided to play Rock Band starting at 11:45pm last night. I popped an Ambien to get through it and the fog from it lifted about an hour ago!!!!

finley1991 said:

CONGRATULATIONS!

I have the points too...BUT I have a host who is "Deciding on one more thing" for her order. Once I submit that show, I'm over the top! It's fun to know I've earned my first incentive trip, and even more fun to know I've earned it BEFORE the end of the year! No stress. :yuck:

WooHoo! I'm so happy for you!!! :D

I'll be celebrating with you in a few days! I just submitted a show & am sitting at 50,231. Shelby over on Consultant's Corner was struggling to submit before her 6 months ran out. She had 2 weeks to go. Another consultant & I both suggested that she let her time expire & re-sign under someone that she liked (since she was very disappointed with her current upline). Her hubby talked her into doing it with me! :D She's already done over $1,100 and her 1st 30 days is not up until the 5th of Dec. She's trying to earn a SAT package, so she's really working on qualifying before the end of the month. As soon as she qualifies, I also earn the trip! :D

finley1991 said:

WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Let me officially congratulate you and tell you how excited and happy I am for you! Go Colleen!!!

<h2>1. How can I earn a trip with Pampered Chef's "Check In: Irresistible Destinations 2010" promotion?</h2><p>To earn a trip with our "Check In: Irresistible Destinations 2010" promotion, you must accumulate a certain number of points by reaching sales and recruiting goals. The destinations for this promotion include Toronto, Maui, and Paris.</p><h2>2. How many points do I need to earn for each destination?</h2><p>You need 50,000 points for Maui, 45,000 points for Toronto, and 40,000 points for Paris.</p><h2>3. Can I earn points for trips from both sales and recruiting?</h2><p>Yes, you can earn points for trips by both reaching sales goals and recruiting new team members. Each qualified recruit counts for 1,000 points, and sales also contribute to your total points.</p><h2>4. How long do I have to earn points for the "Check In: Irresistible Destinations 2010" promotion?</h2><p>The promotion runs from September 1st to December 31st, 2010. All points must be earned by the end of December in order to qualify for a trip.</p><h2>5. Can I still earn points for trips if I am unable to attend cooking shows or events?</h2><p>Yes, you can still earn points for trips by hosting catalog shows or fundraisers, as well as through online sales. These alternative methods can be beneficial if you are unable to attend in-person events.

1. How can I earn a trip with Pampered Chef's "Check In: Irresistible Destinations 2010" promotion?

To earn a trip with our "Check In: Irresistible Destinations 2010" promotion, you must accumulate a certain number of points by reaching sales and recruiting goals. The destinations for this promotion include Toronto, Maui, and Paris.

2. How many points do I need to earn for each destination?

You need 50,000 points for Maui, 45,000 points for Toronto, and 40,000 points for Paris.

3. Can I earn points for trips from both sales and recruiting?

Yes, you can earn points for trips by both reaching sales goals and recruiting new team members. Each qualified recruit counts for 1,000 points, and sales also contribute to your total points.

4. How long do I have to earn points for the "Check In: Irresistible Destinations 2010" promotion?

The promotion runs from September 1st to December 31st, 2010. All points must be earned by the end of December in order to qualify for a trip.

5. Can I still earn points for trips if I am unable to attend cooking shows or events?

Yes, you can still earn points for trips by hosting catalog shows or fundraisers, as well as through online sales. These alternative methods can be beneficial if you are unable to attend in-person events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies