• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Check In: Irresistible Destinations 2010

In summary, Sheila has 39,666 points and is still looking for recruits. She has a rollover who joined last year and has qualified this year, so she has received the points this year. She is huge into helping her recruits get their business up & off the ground, but they have to show an interest too. She offers booth opportunities ALL THE TIME and the girls have to share.
Sheila
Gold Member
Recruit #7 for the year is showing to have qualified on Consultant's Corner now, so that puts me at 39,666 points so far. With the double points month, that's technically 7 months down with 6 more to go. I was REALLY hoping to be at 52,000 by now so that I'd feel confident to hit the 80,000 mark by the end of December, but I haven't quite gotten there. I guess I can't complain about Canada since it's my first year trying for a trip ... but I would have preferred to hit the Hawaii level. ;) With our upcoming move to Tokyo and starting my business over there I don't foresee me earning 40,334 points in the next 6 months. But who knows!!! Anything's possible, right? ;)

How's everyone else coming on your goal?

Need recruitsI need to get new ideas for sharing the business I have only signed 3 this year and one is a kit napper and one is still working to qualify. I would love to hear all ideas for sharing.

Way to go with your recruiting Sheila!!
So far I have 65,000 points and 4 qualified recruits. I have another recruit who has not qualified yet. I need to step up my recruiting.

55,000 points and 9 qualified... Maui here I come!

Well, 6 are from this year. I've recruited 6 & the last one just qualified. #7 was a roll over who joined last year but qualified this year, so I received the points this year.I'm HUGE into helping my recruits get their business up & off the ground. But they have to show an interest too! I'm not going to chase them around & be pushy about it.If they are a host & I already did their show, I still give it to them as well as all the bookings from the show. I go with them to their first show (if they want) and am there to answer questions, but they are the consultant at the show.If they are a future host, I recommend that they wait until 3-5 days before the show to sign, taking that show as their first - and of course the bookings too. After signing, I volunteer to attend their first show. I've learned to just there to answer questions, not be the consultant. I explain to them that it's very important for their friends (it's rare to see someone with family here in Okinawa) see them as the Consultant and not as the Host. It really does encourage the guests to have an eye opener that this person really IS a consultant & they are more willing to book a show to help her get her new business up & off the ground. (I know that men sign, I just still have all girls ... so using the female gender here. ;)) By me attending, they get to practice, but still have me there to ask any major questions. I only had one girl say that she felt like the teacher was going to be watching. When I explained that I didn't have to be there & that I was volunteering to be there for morale support not to grade her on her performance, she relaxed & was excited about having me there.I pretty much explain to all the girls that as long as you are truthful about the products (IE don't tell them that everything in the catalog has a lifetime guarantee), that there's really no right or wrong way to do a show. I encourage them to watch the training videos, join Chef Success for ideas, etc. Then play around with their method of how they do their show (sit down & watch me, come up one at a time to help or everyone do it & I'll answer questions) and find what works best for them. Some of my girls play games at their shows, some don't. Some do door prize drawings, some don't. There really is no right or wrong way!!! :DI used to do a monthly booth & have my name on other lists for functions as well. I offer booth opportunities ALL THE TIME and the girls have to share. Some of them like to do them, others have never volunteered to do a booth. I don't push them. The ones who request time slots are doing much better than the ones showing no interest in booths. But they are getting their names out there more & booking lots more shows too! Booths really do make a difference and make it easier for them to get up & off the ground with a good start. One of my recruits was complaining recently that she had more on her calendar than she wanted. I explained to her (again) how important it is for HER to be in charge of her business. To mark off the days that she is willing to work & when they are full, tell the next person that they will have to wait until the following month! I reiterated that she should NOT let the customer dictate her schedule. That's the whole point of having a home based business, so that she can pick & choose when she wants to work & when she wants to be home with her family!!! ;) I said it nicely of course. Then I recommended that she hand off a show or two to her new recruit if she felt that overwhelmed. She LOVED that idea!!!So far, my girls are using the "pay it forward" mentality & doing the same for their recruits. Only one has complained & that's because she "gave away" a $1,400 show to her new recruit during SAT this month. I explained the long term benefits as well as the recruiting bonus and the incentive trip points. Still not sure she's completely happy though. She's an "instant gratification" personality and doesn't really grasp the long term benefits to things in life. Hopefully, she'll get it soon. ;) Becky, I need to work on doing more than 2 Cooking Shows per month! LOL But I have given away a LOT of shows this year!!! The ones to my recruits (including future bookings) ... then we thought we were leaving at the end of May, so I was giving away June & July shows. Then we were delayed and I thought I was going to be here in Aug & Sept so I started booking shows. Our orders are back on for moving in July, so I just gave away two Aug shows ... I don't even know how many .... probably at LEAST a dozen shows that I've given away this year. I bet more!!! I wanted to be fair & share the wealth with all the girls, but my AD said I should give them to the go-getters who are asking to work booths, asking to come to my shows, actively working their business and attending the monthly meetings. So that's what I've been doing. I have one (2nd line) who is pregnant & having a rough 1st trimester with morning sickness. She's not yet qualified & has only submitted the 1 show. Last month she said her one show canceled. She claimed to have a show this month, but when I e-mailed her to remind her that she's about to loose her career sales at the end of the month she didn't reply. So I may soon have my first drop out. I sent out an e-mail asking who wanted to participate in one-on-one business building calls. Only 2 have replied thus far. But I'm offering weekly phone consults to answer any questions that they might have. I told them that it's not intended to be a "you need to check in & let me know how you are doing" concept, it's more of a motivational thing and the opportunity to ask questions. Some people will like the accountability, so for those it will be a boost to have something new to tell me on the next call. But I don't want the others to feel pressured by the weekly calls either.I'm super huge into the concept that this is their business to run as they wish. If they want to do 1 show or 20 shows per month, it's their decision. If they want to recruit or not, it's their decision. I do not recommend to them what they should do. I ask them what their goals are & if they need help or suggestions on how to reach that goal. So far, it's been a great success for our team! :DHope that helps!!!

And congrats to those of you who are reaching your goals!!! :DI need to work on doing more shows per month! ;)

Wow, congrats to all of you!! You are doing soooo well!! I am at 50,000 points with 4 qualified. Working towards Maui!!!

Way to go ladies! I'm at 33k w/ 4 qualified. I'm happy!!! :D

Great job everyone. I am not trying for a trip this year (too much going on in my personal life, biz has taken a hit this year), but was shocked to find that I have more points than I expected when I checked last week and Toronto is not out of reach! We probably would take the gift card, though.

Oh, I'll be taking the gift card too. Going across the Pacific, dropping off 2 babies with family in Texas & then to Toronto or Hawaii would be a little exhausting. ;) For me, it's just the principal. I've never tried for a trip. Now that I am, I'd love to get it on the first try! :D

WOW is all I can say. I really want Maui but am not quite on track for that so I've got to up my recruitng big time. God has been shaking my inner tree lately for more focus on HIS hand providing and so I'm trying hard to listen to Him and still see where and how to work my business the best way I can to help my family income the most. I am AMAZED at your totals here ladies... very thrilled for you all and inspired to work smarter and harder!

Well, I have my first drop out! Apparently after our last conversation about her having a June show, she started having complications with her pregnancy. After multiple trips back & forth from Okinawa to a larger medical facility in Hawaii, the military sent her back to the U.S. Probably for good. She's pretty much on bed rest and, of course, has taking care of her self the major priority right now. She said she never even got to open the new consultant kit when it came in the mail. Her hubby is still here in Okinawa & she wanted me to find out if she should have him mail the kit back to PC unopened. I guess I'll call them when they open & ask! Her 90 days is not up until July 26th and she has only done the one show with $399.30 in sales.Sad to see one of my girls leave PC. It's the first time it's happened on my team. I really hope it's a LONG time before I see it happen again!!! ;)

You all are rocking!! :party: I have 2 qualified (number 3 will be along shortly) and 2 kit nappers (grrr) But I have one maybe two that are getting ready to sign in July. Still working on the recruiting because that is where I usually miss out.

I think I can get to the points I need. There are many who have not had parties in awhile that I can talk to!! My downline was all green this month so I will be getting my 500 points this month for AD.

All I know is that I need conference to get me going again. My mojo just is not where I want it to be! Have to get my arse in gear before this weekend arrives. Have to make some phone calls to get my July parties to either stick or re-book!

Your numbers are all amazing! As Ann said....you are rocking!

I'm currently at 34K with 7 qualified. I wish I could be motivated to do more shows on a monthly basis. lol Still have half a year, right. He He

You guys are all doing great! I'm at 30,820 with 0 qualified! I have 2 that are less than $200 away though! :) Doubt i'll make Maui but definitely haven't ruled it out! :)

You guys are doing awesome !!!! I have recruited 7 so far this year which I did 5 of those in Junew and have 5 recruits qualified some which two of them are from being recruited in 2009 I am currently sitting at 28,000 in points so I am going to be going to Canada in May it will be me and hubby 10 yr annsivery so we are excited.

Great job, everyone!! I'm at 30,805 with 2 qualified. I'm pretty happy with that because I really haven't been doing that much this year. It seems way different to me than past years. It could have been 3 qualified recruits, but the last one never qualified. I need to get moving! Things have been really slowing down and I'm just not "feeling it" very much. Not a surprise that things aren't that strong for me right now because I haven't put much time into my biz. I'm hoping that National Conference rejuvinates me!!

1. What is "Check In: Irresistible Destinations 2010"?

"Check In: Irresistible Destinations 2010" is a special event organized by Pampered Chef for its consultants. It is an opportunity for consultants to network, learn new business strategies, and explore exciting destinations.

2. When and where will "Check In: Irresistible Destinations 2010" take place?

The event will take place from September 19-23, 2010 in beautiful Orlando, Florida.

3. Who can attend "Check In: Irresistible Destinations 2010"?

This event is exclusively for Pampered Chef consultants. All active consultants are eligible to attend.

4. How much does it cost to attend "Check In: Irresistible Destinations 2010"?

The registration fee for the event is $199. This includes all sessions, activities, and meals. Travel and accommodations are not included in the registration fee.

5. What can I expect from "Check In: Irresistible Destinations 2010"?

At the event, you can expect to attend workshops and training sessions led by top Pampered Chef leaders and experts. You will also have the chance to network with other consultants, explore the destination, and attend exciting events and activities planned by Pampered Chef. It will be a fun and informative experience to help grow your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
2 3
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie