• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Irrestible Destinations - How Are You Doing Thus Far?

In summary, this year I'm doing much better than last year at Host Coaching & I've implemented the Full Service Checkout - something I've NEVER done in the past! I'm hoping to earn a trip to Disney this year with my improved business."
Sheila
Gold Member
I have my sights set on Maui and decided that I needed to get busy and step-up my business. So I've been doing MUCH better at Host Coaching this year and I've implemented the Full Service Checkout - something I've NEVER done in the past! :blushing:

So far, I'm very happy with the results:
Shows:
  • Jan Cooking - $1,190.25 (followed my host coaching tips)
  • Jan Cooking - $500.99 (refused to utilize the online system & said she was happy with whatever she got from the show sales, and she was!)
  • Jan Catalog - $316.95 (A friend in the states who did a last minute online only show. She didn't even have catalogs.)
  • Jan Cooking - $1,562.70 (followed my host coaching tips)
  • Feb Cooking - $300.70 (waited until the last minute to send out invites & didn't utilize the online system)
  • Feb Cooking - $827.05 - still open & collecting orders
  • Feb Cooking - $938.35 - still open & collecting orders

And I had a recruit from '09 qualify in January, so that was $2,000 points.

Plus HO leads of $510 in Jan

Unfortunately my $1,500 show was held in Jan & closed in Feb so it didn't put me over the mark for the dots roll case OR the triple incentive points. :rolleyes:

I'm currently at 6,682 points. If I closed both of my open Cooking shows today without additional orders, it puts me at 10,212.8 points thus far! I'm so excited to be starting off the year with a bang! I still have 4 more cooking shows & 1 more catalog show in Feb. My 5th cooking show on my calendar looks like it's going to go to the host as her first when she signs as a consultant! I'll loose the sales, but I'll gain 2000 points when she qualifies. :D

I have 4 March Cooking Shows and 3 April Cooking Shows on my Calendar in Okinawa. We move at the end of April to a new military duty station in Tokyo Japan. I'm going home to Texas to visit in May & have already scheduled 2 Cooking Shows while I'm there. Then when June rolls around I'll be in my new home in Tokyo, Japan. I already have 1 person there who's willing to host to help me get my business up & off the ground AND 2 past hosts from here in Okinawa that each have a friend on my new military base & are asking them to host a show in June to help get me started there. But, of course, I'm still hoping for more bookings in March, April, May & June! I think I'm done accepting Cooking Shows in February. If anyone else asks for Cooking over Catalog I'll probably have to hand it down to a recruit. Hubby leaves this month for training, so I'm trying to spend as much time as possible with him before he leaves & then I'm worried about the babies feeling abandoned if I'm away too much after hubby's departure. This will be his first assignment away from home in their short lives so it will be a huge adjustment for them both. :(

I'm really hoping for another 6,600 points (or more!) by the end of February. Reviewing my points thus far and my bookings, I can definitely see the Silver Level in my grasp, but I have my sights set on Bronze! :thumbup:

- - - - -

So, for those of you trying to earn a trip:
  • How are YOU doing on your goals?
  • What's the one thing that you'll do the same this year?
  • If you didn't earn Disney (or didn't earn the level you wanted) what's the one thing that you would change if you could go back & do it again that might have helped you to earn your goal (or that you think would help you earn your goal this year?

For me, the answers are:
  • Very happy with the progress!
  • Continue to provide adequate host coaching! (Something I only did the last few months of '09 & not the whole year.)
  • Using the full service checkout at ALL my shows! I didn't do it at ALL last year but I've implemented it this year & I'm seeing some great results thus far.

YAY! That is awesome! You ARE off to a great start!

For a newbie..what is "full service checkout"?

You want to set up away from the group & talk one-on-one to each customer when they bring you their order form. I've already done a group presentation about the benefits of hosting, the upcoming specials and the benefits of becoming a consultant so my questions are:
  1. "Would you like to take home some information to learn more about the business opportunity?" - if they say yes, I hand them a recruiting packet, go over the contents of it & tell them to sit down when they have some uninterrupted time (after the kids go to bed) and review the printed materials & the Your Life Your Way video. Afterward, I'll be happy to sit down with them and answer any questions that they might have.
  2. "Were you interested in hosting a show in the next 6 months so that [Jane Host] can get something at 60% off at your show?" - if so, I book them on the spot & hand them a host packet with everything that they need to get started.
  3. "Here's the recipe(s) that we did at today's show for you to keep" (they love it!)

Since you mentioned that you are new, I recommend that you go take as many of the online courses as you can ASAP! It will really help you get off to a good start!!! The more you do in your first 90 days the more Pampered Chef Dollars you will earn & the more motivated you will be to keep that snowball rolling! ;) It's easier to start off with a bang & keep going than it is to start off slow & try to pick up the pace later. Friends/Family are more willing to help out & host in the first couple of months. 6 or 12 months down the road, they'll be ready for you to be outside your current circle of friends & family & not calling them EVERY month to help you stay active. ;)

Thank you, Noora! I love it...does anyone have a sample of the door prize drawing slips they use?

How do you get your customers to do a full service check out? I have tried this at my last three shows (also my first three shows) and they arent interested. They all hand me their order forms with all their tax and s&h calculated and their check. The most frustrating part is that some of them leave before I finish calculating orders and sometimes they calculate their tax wrong. :/ luckily its only a few cents off. I tell them at the beginning of the show that I am going to do a FSCO and explain what it is, and I remind them later on..but it has not worked so far.

Congrats Sheila! That is most definitely a hot way to start off the year! :)

LilChefBeth...you can still ask the guest who calculated their order to meet with you so that you can review their order with them. For those who leave, you can always do a MAC (Morning After Call). You can thank them for coming to XX party, and go over the order with them. You can still do a Full Service Checkout over the phone, and correct their order total.

LilChefBeth said:
How do you get your customers to do a full service check out? I have tried this at my last three shows (also my first three shows) and they arent interested. They all hand me their order forms with all their tax and s&h calculated and their check. The most frustrating part is that some of them leave before I finish calculating orders and sometimes they calculate their tax wrong. :/ luckily its only a few cents off. I tell them at the beginning of the show that I am going to do a FSCO and explain what it is, and I remind them later on..but it has not worked so far.

I would let them know that it's part of your service to help them with their order and total. Let them know that you often find mistakes on the orders that people tally for themselves.

I tell people to give me their order, and I will keep them in order, and call them in order to help them with their checkout, and in the meantime, they can grab something to eat and just chat and have fun with their friends.

I thought it was a hoot that the consultant offers a "Pampered Panty rub"! :eek::D

So back on course here ...

Sheila said:
... for those of you trying to earn a trip:
  • How are YOU doing on your goals?
  • What's the one thing that you'll do the same this year?
  • If you didn't earn Disney (or didn't earn the level you wanted) what's the one thing that you would change if you could go back & do it again that might have helped you to earn your goal (or that you think would help you earn your goal this year?

For me, the answers are:
  • Very happy with the progress!
  • Continue to provide adequate host coaching! (Something I only did the last few months of '09 & not the whole year.)
  • Using the full service checkout at ALL my shows! I didn't do it at ALL last year but I've implemented it this year & I'm seeing some great results thus far.

Whichever trip I earn, I'll be taking the Cash instead...but I'm more than on track right now!

I have 7790 in points from January - 2000 of that being a recruit who qualified.

I have one for sure and probably two recruits who will qualify in February - So, yea! That will put me already half way to 6 qualified!

I have 2000 points for attending Spring Launch (Phil came to Chicago - yippee!)

I've turned in $1100 in sales this month so far - another 2200 points, plus I have 7 more shows between now and the 24th. I'm figuring by the end of Feb, I should be at 15,000 points easy!

The funny thing with that is that when I joined - 15,000 points got you to level one of the incentive!

That's a great start Becky! Congrats!!! :DI'm hoping for at least 16,800 by the end of February. But if I keep up my current 2010 average of $886.67 per show (vs the 2009 average of $750), I'll could potentially end Feb with 17,800. That would put me a good distance towards my goal!I also had a guest at yesterdays show decide that she wants to sign, but the military is moving her in 2 months so she's trying to decide if she wants to do it here or wait 3 months & do it at her new duty station. I'm going to let her review all the materials & then talk again tomorrow. I'll encourage her to start HERE where she has me to help her with the training & then give her tips on how to get going in her new city. So with her & my host who wants to sign at the end of the month, I'm hoping for another 4000 points very soon! :D

I'm at 21000 right now and was giggling because in years passed, level 1 was 23000 points! I had a stellar January during the triple points week which gave me a huge boost, plus I've already submitted some sales for the February double points, did 3 shows this weekend and have 4 more February shows yet to come. It's looking pretty good...

woohoo2.gif
Go Carolyn!!!A prime example of what working your way up the ladder can do! :DThis is the FIRST month since being a Team Leader that I didn't qualify for HO Leads (had the sales, just didn't realize until the last minute that I needed a recruit in 1 of the last 4 months!!!) ... horrible timing on my part to loose that extra income! :(But I have 2 potential recruits in the works, so hopefully I'll be looking at Director soon with the "paid as" overrides to help out a bit.

I didn't do anything in january :(
And thought with the recrutiting requirement, there was no way I'd make it to any of the trips.
But, my snowed in weekend gave me new hope! My cousin was stuck here, and decided she wanted to become a consultant! Yeah! :) And we've got 2 shows booked already! She's joining next weekend, so by then we'll have another show booked for her too!
I attended Spring Launch, so I got some bonus points. And I've got 4 shows for Februrary!
Maui would be nice, but since it's my first year, I'd be thrilled with level one! Since we're getting married in July though, I'd probably take the cash! :)

It's definitely not too late to start trying Jenn! You are off to a very good start even though you didn't have any shows in January. Starting in Feb is MUCH better than trying to kick it into high gear half way through the year. ;)I had a baby at the end of '07, joined PC when she was 4 months old in March '08 & didn't understand at that point the benefits of what PC could do for me. Then had another baby in March '09 & took 8 weeks off for preeclampsia & a c-section (still did catalog shows & stayed active). Then late in '09 a recruit fell in my lap. Then a 2nd one & then a 3rd one. Suddenly, I was more motivated, doing more to follow up with my hosts & ensure that they had good host coaching & was earning around $1,000 in commission each month. Without really concentrating or looking at goals, I somehow pulled off earning Conference with my sales in the last few months of the year (the first half was not so good). Jan of this year, I decided that I had done so well the last 4 months that I was going to step-up my business! So far, it's working! This will be my highest commission month EVER! I'm already looking at a $950 paycheck on the 22nd & that's just for HALF of the month. I'm more motivated to work on goals & have the trip chart (with the point levels) hanging on my wall. I'm marking off the "accomplished" levels as I achieve them so that it's always right in front of me to remind me to stay motivated. :D It's NICE to see it filling up at the bottom with blue marker. I'm hoping to hit bronze in the next few months so that I can keep working the end of the year towards silver! :D

dannyzmom said:
I'm at 21000 right now and was giggling because in years passed, level 1 was 23000 points! I had a stellar January during the triple points week which gave me a huge boost, plus I've already submitted some sales for the February double points, did 3 shows this weekend and have 4 more February shows yet to come. It's looking pretty good...

Way to go Carolyn!

BTW, saw you on the video at Launch!

I love this message board...not only have I learned so much, but it is amazing to find people in the same business be so supportive of each other. I've been so happy with my Pampered Chef business and much of that is due to the help and support of everyone here! :)

Sheila, I think you're on track for Gold. Have you done the incentives calculator with your new show average and potential recruit points? I know you have the move coming up, but I don't see that slowing you down. Just don't count on the paid as director points yet. They can be a little bonus or cushion when they happen.

I'm in the same boat with you on the HO leads and the recruit. I knew it was coming and even got paid as SC for last month b/c somehow one of my new people submitted her show in Jan. but it didn't go through and posted in Feb. At least the HO leads keep coming until the 10th this month. Too bad they won't show up again until the 10th next month. Almost a year into it and I'm finally getting a grasp on the career plan. I need to go back and look to see what happens with all the permutations of one of my inactives recruiting someone and if that person takes off when the bypass kicks in, etc. b/c the inactive only has plans to stay active every 6 months. She's been quite honest about not enjoying doing cooking shows and too much other things keeping her busy.

Yes,
  • with 8 recruits, I'll need to do 9 shows per month for gold
  • with 6 recruits, I'll need to do 7 shows per month for silver
  • with 4 recruits, I'll need to do 4 shows per month for bronze
I'd LOVE to get 8 recruits! We'll see how that goes ... but I doubt seriously that I'll do 9 shows per month. I normally do 3-5 and sometimes just 1 or 2. Feb is a crazy busy month for me. I rarely work this much.My HO Lead changed yesterday to "not eligible" - so I'm not getting them any more this month. I did get ONE before the cutoff for $27.50 LOLYou'll get 1% off your 2nd line, even if your 1st line is inactive - it's still an "active line" if the person below her is producing. Therefore, it counts as one of your two "active lines" for TL purposes. If the one in your first line goes a full 6 months inactive, her downline moves up to you and she has to re-sign to start again.

I started slow in January so I only have a little over 7000 points right now.. BUT... I have 11 cooking shows and 8 catalog shows this month AND two new consultants, maybe 3 who are signing this month. That's why I love setting a quarterly goal, lol.Great job everyone!!!

You go girl! I can't imagine doing that many shows in one month, but this is definitely the month to do it! :D 2-3 new consultants will help too!

I am off to a slow start as well (most of my Jan hosts flaked out LOL).....but am looking much better for February. I have a catalog show, a BIG show at a local bank, a fundraiser with 100 participants, and another cooking show so far for Feb. I also have 2 recruits to sign up later this month.

Sheila said:
You go girl! I can't imagine doing that many shows in one month, but this is definitely the month to do it! :D 2-3 new consultants will help too!

Thanks!! It will be crazy. I had another month like this.. my first Nov SAT a little over a year ago. I had over $10,000.00 in sales that month and signed 3 new consultants. I was exhausted but it was totally worth it lol!
I am also a full time teacher so I will look forward to Spring Break. I can push it until then and then relax with my kiddos.
I just think it is so cool that you are doing so well overseas. YOU go girl!!!

beckyjsmith said:
I started slow in January so I only have a little over 7000 points right now.. BUT... I have 11 cooking shows and 8 catalog shows this month AND two new consultants, maybe 3 who are signing this month. That's why I love setting a quarterly goal, lol.

Great job everyone!!!

Becky - how are you getting so many catty shows? What words are you using to get people interested? Any tips you have would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!
xoxo
CK

I have a piddly 1795 points, but I'm still excited, considering I earned about 6300 in all of last year. I have 3 shows lined up toward the end of the month, hoping to close the last one on the day of the show (the 28th). I also attended Spring Launch, so that'll be another 1000.

Aim for the moon and even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, right?

Hey you awesome guru!! I did a little happy dance and clapped and cheered rreeeeeaaallly loud when I saw your name on the screen Saturday!!!
When people say they just don't have time to do a cooking show ( I was trained to say when v if, lol) I offer them the opportunity to pass a catalog around to some friends. I tell them 150 gets them the host special and $200.00 gets the ( fill in the blank) item they circled on their product sheet. I mean hey! That's basically a catalog around work/church group/ family/ bunco group... you get the idea.... AND then they get 10% off the rest of the year. I send a little "show to go" invitation via email that I will be glad to share once my regular PC gets de-virused. ( ICK AND EEK!)
They are not always huge, but they add up. I think sometimes consultants forget that the "no not yet" might mean ," ok I could pass a catty around right now and do a cooking show later," kind of thing. I hope that made sense!

Leslie, it sounds like your Feb has nice potential! :DBecky, $10,000 in one month?
action-smiley-033.gif
action-smiley-033.gif
action-smiley-033.gif
action-smiley-033.gif
action-smiley-033.gif

You rock!!! :D But I have no idea how you find time for all that with a full time job!
eeek.gif
Noora, you'll definitely make some progress with that attitude!!! :D Yes, aim high & see where you fall. You just might find yourself sitting in Montreal. ;)

beckyjsmith said:
I started slow in January so I only have a little over 7000 points right now.. BUT... I have 11 cooking shows and 8 catalog shows this month AND two new consultants, maybe 3 who are signing this month. That's why I love setting a quarterly goal, lol.

Great job everyone!!!

Can I please ask someone to tell me how you get that many catty's in one month? I have 1195 pts for Jan, so far 1000 pts for Feb for Spring Launch and I want Maui darn it....

When people say they just don't have time to do a cooking show ( I was trained to ask when v if, lol) I offer them the opportunity to pass a catalog around to some friends. I tell them 150 gets them the host special and $200.00 gets the ( fill in the blank) item they circled on their product sheet. I mean hey! That's basically a catalog around work/church group/ family/ bunco group... you get the idea.... AND then they get 10% off the rest of the year. I send a little "show to go" invitation via email that I will be glad to share once my regular PC gets de-virused. ( ICK AND EEK!)
They are not always huge, but they add up. I think sometimes consultants forget that the "no not yet" might mean ," ok I could pass a catty around right now and do a cooking show later," kind of thing. I hope that made sense!

That does... Thanks so much... Now I just need to pick up that 500lb phone.

Sheila said:
Shows:
  • Jan Cooking - $1,190.25 (followed my host coaching tips)
  • Jan Cooking - $500.99 (refused to utilize the online system & said she was happy with whatever she got from the show sales, and she was!)
  • Jan Catalog - $316.95 (A friend in the states who did a last minute online only show. She didn't even have catalogs.)
  • Jan Cooking - $1,562.70 (followed my host coaching tips)
  • Feb Cooking - $300.70 (waited until the last minute to send out invites & didn't utilize the online system)
    [*]Feb Cooking - $827.05 - still open & collecting orders
    [*]Feb Cooking - $938.35 - still open & collecting orders

These two ended up closing at $1,012.40 & $1,316.35 bringing my current incentive point count to 11,339.79! :D

I have 7100 points plus 1000 from Spring launch = 8100 still beed to add in 1200 show 300.00 show ( this one is double ) and a recurt that qulifyed from last year so that makes 11,900 total Whahoo

:D WooHoo! You go girl!!

I was close to on track for January at 6,200 points out of the 6,700 needed for Maui. Had two recruits qualfy.

Febraury is proving to be a tough month for me. I have $200 in internet sales and 5 of my 8 scheduled shows canceled, Trying to make the most of it and pick up a little bit here and there this month so it isn't a total disaster.

March will be an excellent month for me with 12 shows booked right now...I'm hoping most or all will actually hold!! Calling my March hosts today!

I haven't earned any more points, but I'm in the process of bribing my three hosts for the end of the month :D I'm offering each of them a free cookbook with $250 in outside orders before the show, or a free stone with $500.

I'm still working on getting two shows by Monday. I did submit a show, but it had no commissionable sales (past host ordered cookware). As of yet, it's not showing in CC at all, although it does show as having been picked.

Just remember Noora, the shows have to be held AND submitted in Feb to count towards the double points. So if you haven't already given them your incentives, make sure you add something about closing before the end of the month! :D

Yes, that' too. I have one on the 21st, so I'm not worried about that one too much. The other two are on the 25th and the 28th, so I need to make sure they understand I'll want to close the night of the show, and why. Besides, if they get all their outside orders before the show, it shouldn't be a problem.

My shows are easier, I know when all of my hosts & guests get paid! LOL We have the military crowd & we have the school employee crowd. I have 3 military hosts the last weekend of the month & Friday is payday, so I told all 3 of them that I was working on an incentive to go to Maui and that I needed to close their show & have it submitted by midnight to qualify. Technically, I have until 3PM on the 1st since we are 15 hours ahead of stateside time - but no point in telling them that or they might procrastinate until Monday!

Oh, & I just looked. Consultant Connection is saying estimated commission for this pay period is $1,139.30! Another $165.65 in commissionable sales & I'll match my all time high with Pampered Chef. I have 4-5 more cooking shows (5 on the calendar but 1 will probably go to the host, she wants to sign) and 1 catalog show. I think I'm going to break my personal best this month! :D

Sheila -- you're on your way! :)

I'm at 17.987 pts. so far, with four recruits to qualify, 11 shows and 2 catalog shows on the books for March. I have 2 Feb. shows that didn't get closed..boo...but the points still count! Looking to recruit 2 this month! :)

Hope we see each other in Maui!!

Way to go Michelle! Yes, I would LOVE to hop from mainland Japan across to Hawaii for a vacation in 2011!!! :DI'm still fairly new at being a team leader & didn't realize that I had to have a recruit in the last 4 months to maintain HO Leads. So I lost them for February! :( What a horrible month to not have them!!! But they are now back, so hopefully they will help me along the path to earning Maui!If I can get one more girl on my team to recruit, I'll be promoted to Director. We already have the sales, it's just a matter of getting the structure. So I'm hoping that it happens very soon! :D

I have over 9300 points, so far. I had a fabulous month in February. I'm on track for Toronto, but would love to go to Maui. I haven't gotten any recruits yet and there's where I need to work on.

I am right at 30k right now. I have eight more shows this month and am about to close my second March show. Both shows so far this month are over one thousand. Whahooo! I have two recruits to qualify and I am about to sign two more. So far so good. Great job everyone!

Rosechef, you'll get there! Just keep on working it! :DBecky, nice job! I wish I could be getting the bonus Director, AD, etc. points to help me out on this endeavor! LOL I'll get there. ;)

I am at 21,506 and hope that by the 5th of April that my 4 recruits will have qualified bringing me to 30,506. My show schedule for March is beyond horrid so I'll see if I can pull it out its slump.

Sheila- GIRL! I am so excited for you!!! You will totally be getting those director bonus points soon. WHAHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! You are going to be SUCH a wonderful director. You are a wonderful team leader now!!
Melissa- you can easily salvage March. We all have ups and downs- and there is still a LOT of March left. One of my downline consultants got 6 bookings from her show yesterday- 2 of them catalog shows that are going now. Stay positive girl!

Thanks Becky - after my stellar month in February it just looks so bleak. I know I just need to get on the phone and try to salvage it. I shouldn't have done it but I took all last week off mentally as I was fried between FT PC and FT work. Now its back to the grind tomorrow. THanks again! (a big wahoo for your consultant!)

Melissa-
I totally understand. :) I am a full time teacher and a mom of 4. The first time I had a 10k month I took that same mental break. I recovered, and it was ok. I had an almost 11k month last month , and i knew ahead of time I had to pace myself or be fried, so I scheduled my March shows only 2 a week, with a catalog show and one week with 3 shows. This way, although I won't be having another 10k month, I will still hit my average ( it's something like 5500 a month) and all will be well. :) I have complete faith that you will do well this March. Congrats again and I will look forward to meeting you in Maui!!!

<h2>1. How are YOU doing on your goals?</h2><p>I am very happy with my progress so far! I have been implementing host coaching tips and using the full service checkout at all of my shows, which has resulted in higher sales and more bookings.</p><h2>2. What's the one thing that you'll do the same this year?</h2><p>I will definitely continue to provide adequate host coaching and use the full service checkout at all of my shows. These strategies have proven to be successful in increasing sales and bookings.</p><h2>3. If you didn't earn Disney (or didn't earn the level you wanted), what's the one thing that you would change if you could go back & do it again that might have helped you to earn your goal (or that you think would help you earn your goal this year)?</h2><p>If I didn't earn the level I wanted, I would have focused on providing more consistent host coaching throughout the year. I would also have used the full service checkout at all of my shows instead of just some of them. These changes would have likely resulted in higher sales and more bookings, ultimately helping me reach my goal.</p>

1. How are YOU doing on your goals?

I am very happy with my progress so far! I have been implementing host coaching tips and using the full service checkout at all of my shows, which has resulted in higher sales and more bookings.

2. What's the one thing that you'll do the same this year?

I will definitely continue to provide adequate host coaching and use the full service checkout at all of my shows. These strategies have proven to be successful in increasing sales and bookings.

3. If you didn't earn Disney (or didn't earn the level you wanted), what's the one thing that you would change if you could go back & do it again that might have helped you to earn your goal (or that you think would help you earn your goal this year)?

If I didn't earn the level I wanted, I would have focused on providing more consistent host coaching throughout the year. I would also have used the full service checkout at all of my shows instead of just some of them. These changes would have likely resulted in higher sales and more bookings, ultimately helping me reach my goal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pamperedpals
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • kcmckay