• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Selling the DCB: What's Your Secret to Success?

including my own Chicken Tortilla Casserole. I average about 2 per show at full price when I demo that recipe and get others "thinking" about it or wanting a show of their own. I have to agree with Becky, I sold the one I did BECAUSE I USED IT AT A SHOW.
Kristina21
I was just reading the thread about the dcb how much everyone likes theirs. And although I am in love with mine to the point of distraction...I can't sell it! I've had mine for a year, taken it to every show, but I have yet to sell one!!! I'm thinking its what I'm saying (or not saying).

My question to all of you: How do you sell it? What do you say or do?

Tia!

Only sold 1 when it was the host special.Maybe Becky (ChefBeckyD) or Diane (quiverfull7) can answer - they've both sold many.

Do you use it at the show?

I do the 30 Minute Chicken, and talk about how much time and money they can save using the DCB.....

What are you making it it or are you just bringing it to your shows? I make the Chicken Tortilla Casserole and it is a big WOW factor for them! I can talk days and weeks about how juicy chicken can be but they won't beleive it til they see it. Comes out of the microwave VERY juicy and they are in AWE! I also talk about the 30 min. chicken, pork tenderloin and BBQ ribs! I average about 2 per show at full price when I demo that recipe and get others "thinking" about it or wanting a show of their own.

I have to agree with Becky, I sold the one I did BECAUSE I USED IT AT A SHOW.I don't haul it otherwise...you have to appeal to what the people think they need. If you can't show it or talk about it effectively, not worth bringing.

Recipe please Sharon? Is it on CC?

janetupnorth said:
Recipe please Sharon? Is it on CC?
I think it's in the SB...or it's the one in the 29 Minutes cookbook...

I made the BLT Mac N Cheese out of the 29 mins cookbook several times and sold it!

Last edited:
ChefBeckyD said:
I think it's in the SB...or it's the one in the 29 Minutes cookbook...

Ok, have both, will dig later...

The recipe is in the SBRC Spring/ Summer. I make this recipe a LOT and my Director asked me to do a demo at our meeting making this because I sell quite a few of them.
EVERYONE needs to make this!!! I make this recipe a LOT! VERY YUMMY and feeds a crowd!

Here you go Janet - S/S SB 2008.

The Pampered Chef ®
Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Recipe

1 poblano pepper
1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 tbsp Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1/4 tsp salt
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups thick and chunky salsa
4 cups broken tortilla chips
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
Snipped fresh cilantro (optional)

1. Remove stem and seeds from poblano pepper using Utility Knife; slice into thin strips. Arrange poblano strips evenly over bottom of Deep Dish Baker. Thinly slice chicken using Utility Knife. Combine chicken, seasoning mix and salt in Classic Batter Bowl. Arrange chicken over poblano strips. Cover baker with 15-in. square of Parchment Paper, tucking corners of paper under baker. Microwave on HIGH 4 minutes; stir using Mix ‘N Scraper® to separate chicken strips. Cover; microwave an additional 4-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

2. Drain and rinse black beans using small Colander. Stir beans and salsa into chicken mixture. Gently stir in tortilla chips with Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Grate cheese over baker using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears; sprinkle over casserole.

Yield: 6 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 360, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Protein 31 g, Sodium 1120 mg, Fiber 6 g

Cook's Tip: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be substituted for the chicken thighs, if desired.

Poblano peppers are dark green chiles with a rich flavor that varies from mild to slightly spicy. Poblanos are about 2 1/2 in. wide and 4-5 in. long, forming a triangular shape.

If desired, 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges, can be substituted for the poblano pepper.

Taco seasoning mix can be substituted for the Southwestern Seasoning Mix, if desired. Omit salt.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

ChefBeckyD said:

I do the 30 Minute Chicken, and talk about how much time and money they can save using the DCB.....

I talk about it's versatility and that it's great in the microwave - keeping the house cool in the summer - and is also great in the oven for those who have small microwaves or just prefer the oven. I tell them about several recipes that are fast and tasty that can be made in it and give anyone who purchase it a booklet with many recipes.

Bringing it to the shows is a great idea because people can see that it's not huge but if I don't happen to have it with me I tell them that a whole chicken and some veggies fit nicely in it.

I also point out that hosts can get it for free or half price. I remind them that even at full price it will pay for itself in no time. They can prepare a variety of meals quicker than the wait to get into a restaurant (or the drive there) where they'd spend a lot more - everyone can eat for about the cost of one entree in the restaurant. I don't know anyone who doesn't eat out because they "don't have time to cook tonight" - this one stone makes that possible!

A quick meal idea is a whole chicken with veggies around it - microwave 40 minutes (30 without the veggies). While that is cooking, make a salad and prepare the table. Dinner is done. Nutritious and yummy.

BethCooks4U said:
I talk about it's versatility and that it's great in the microwave - keeping the house cool in the summer - and is also great in the oven for those who have small microwaves or just prefer the oven. I tell them about several recipes that are fast and tasty that can be made in it and give anyone who purchase it a booklet with many recipes.

Bringing it to the shows is a great idea because people can see that it's not huge but if I don't happen to have it with me I tell them that a whole chicken and some veggies fit nicely in it.

I also point out that hosts can get it for free or half price. I remind them that even at full price it will pay for itself in no time. They can prepare a variety of meals quicker than the wait to get into a restaurant (or the drive there) where they'd spend a lot more - everyone can eat for about the cost of one entree in the restaurant. I don't know anyone who doesn't eat out because they "don't have time to cook tonight" - this one stone makes that possible!

A quick meal idea is a whole chicken with veggies around it - microwave 40 minutes (30 without the veggies). While that is cooking, make a salad and prepare the table. Dinner is done. Nutritious and yummy.

Yeah - what Beth said....I'm just too lazy today to type it all out!

And once you get a customer or two who have it and love it, use them when they attend your shows! Ask them what they make in it, and how much they love it.

ChefBeckyD said:

smspamperedchef said:
What are you making it it or are you just bringing it to your shows? I make the Chicken Tortilla Casserole and it is a big WOW factor for them! I can talk days and weeks about how juicy chicken can be but they won't beleive it til they see it. Comes out of the microwave VERY juicy and they are in AWE! I also talk about the 30 min. chicken, pork tenderloin and BBQ ribs! I average about 2 per show at full price when I demo that recipe and get others "thinking" about it or wanting a show of their own.

In answer to you both...no, I don't make anything in it, I've just brought it along and babbled about it. I think that's what I'm missing...I need to show it as a piece that's more then just a stone but a money and time saver. and at $65 a piece, this is something I need to be proficient at selling.

As of late my mom can't quit talking about the pinto beans that she makes in hers and that you can take the roast out of the deep freezer and make it in about 2 1/2- 3 hours. She is my poster child.
Would you like to borrow her?

I think that this needs a cookbook all it's own!

I am doing the Easy Chicken Fajitas all month at my shows, and also in September.

Where is the easy chicken fajita recipe? That sounds good!

Christ Follower said:
Where is the easy chicken fajita recipe? That sounds good!

I second that question.

Does she do the bean in the microwave?

jillbean said:
I think that this needs a cookbook all it's own!

I agree. It does need one for just it.

I cook a chicken in it at the show also, been doing it since May and have sold one at EVERY show since.

Here it is! Thanks to Linda who typed it up all nice and pretty!:thumbup:

Attachments

• Chicken Fajitas.doc
    76 KB · Views: 291
Thanks for the great ideas! I can't wait to try them out!

I made the ribs last year and sold a few.
You definitely have to use it to sell it in my opinion!

Isn't there some apple/bread pudding sort of thing that would be good for fall?

jenniferm said:
I agree. It does need one for just it.

I cook a chicken in it at the show also, been doing it since May and have sold one at EVERY show since.

do you do that as your show or just as an extra "Hey - check this out!"?

No, she does the beans in the oven.

redsoxgirl said:
I made the ribs last year and sold a few.
You definitely have to use it to sell it in my opinion!

Isn't there some apple/bread pudding sort of thing that would be good for fall?

Caramel Apple Bread Pudding - it is sooooo good!

he Pampered Chef ®
Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
Recipe

1 loaf (16 ounces) egg bread, such as challah (about 12 cups cubed)
3 red baking apples such as Jonathan
1 lemon
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups plus 1 tablespoon milk, divided
1 cup heavy whipping cream
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon Double-Strength Vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 package (14 ounces) caramels (about 48), unwrapped
1/2 cup toasted pecan halves
Apple Blossom Garnishes (optional)

1. Lightly spray Deep Covered Baker with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Slice bread into 1-inch cubes using Bread Knife; set aside. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer; cut slices into quarters using Utility Knife. Zest lemon using Microplane® Adjustable Grater to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 1 tablespoon juice. Melt butter in (10-in.) Skillet. Add apples, lemon zest and juice; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until apples are softened.

2. Meanwhile, combine 2 cups of the milk and cream in Easy Read Measuring Cup. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until hot. In Stainless (6-qt.) Mixing Bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and salt; mix until well blended using Mix 'N Masher. Gradually add milk mixture to eggs while continually whisking. Gently stir bread cubes into milk mixture; toss gently to coat using Small Mix 'N Scraper®.

3. Place caramels and remaining 1 tablespoon milk in Large Micro-Cooker®. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring after each 30-second interval. Set aside 1/4 cup of the caramel mixture. To assemble bread pudding, place half of the bread mixture into baker. Top with half of the apples and drizzle with remaining caramel. Top with remaining bread mixture and apples. Cover baker and microwave on HIGH 15-16 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 155ºF in center; let stand, covered, 10 minutes in microwave. (Temperature will rise to at least 160ºF.) Uncover baker and drizzle with reserved caramel. Coarsely chop pecans using Chef's Knife; sprinkle over bread pudding. Serve immediately with Apple Blossom Garnishes, if desired.

Yield: 16 servings

pamperedpals said:
I second that question.

Do a file search for "fajitas" and you'll find numerous ones.

1. How do you successfully sell the DCB (Deep Covered Baker)?

Selling the DCB is all about showcasing its versatility and convenience. I always emphasize how it can be used for baking, roasting, and even steaming, and how it saves time and makes cooking easier. I also make sure to share my personal experiences and recipes with the DCB to show its value.

2. What tips do you have for selling the DCB to potential customers?

First and foremost, know your product! Make sure you are familiar with all the features and benefits of the DCB. Also, be sure to listen to your customers' needs and show them how the DCB can meet those needs. And don't forget to offer cooking demonstrations or tastings to really showcase the DCB's potential.

3. How do you handle objections or hesitations from customers about purchasing the DCB?

It's important to address any concerns or hesitations that customers may have. If they are worried about the price, I remind them of the lifetime guarantee and the long-term savings from not having to buy multiple cooking dishes. If they are unsure about how to use the DCB, I offer to show them some easy and delicious recipes. And if they are hesitant about its size, I emphasize its versatility and ability to cook for large groups.

4. What are some creative ways you have marketed the DCB to potential customers?

I have found success in hosting themed parties, such as a "One-Pot Wonders" party where I showcase the DCB's ability to cook an entire meal in one dish. I also use social media to share recipes and cooking tips using the DCB. And finally, I collaborate with other local businesses or organizations to offer cooking classes or demonstrations featuring the DCB.

5. How do you keep your customers coming back for more DCB products?

I make sure to follow up with my customers after their purchase to see how they are enjoying their DCB and offer any assistance or recipe ideas. I also keep them updated on any new products or promotions related to the DCB. And most importantly, I always provide exceptional customer service and make sure my customers are satisfied with their purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • pamperedmomto3
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • chefmoseley