• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Really Want to Start Selling the Dcb but I Haven't Had Much

I think that is the way it is supposed to be cooked. I do have a lid for the 30 minute chicken that I use sometimes when I'm in a hurry.
pamperedmomto3
I really want to start selling the DCB but I haven't had much experience with it even though I've owned it for 6 months. What do you cook in it at home, what are some of the things that really sell this baker and what do you demo in it to sell it? Feel free too add other things that might help us sell this great piece of stoneware.

Re: DcbIt's one of my top sellers!

I do the 30 Minute Chicken....at shows and at home, all of the time!

Also - 15 minute Chicken Fajitas....do a search, and the directions for this is here in several different threads.

I talk about the 10 minute pork tenderloin, and doing chicken breasts in it quickly for recipes w/o heating up the oven or stove.....

I also do Mom's Apple Crisp and Caramel Apple Bread Pudding in it as desserts to show how versatile it is. I tell people it is my Microwave Crockpot - Slowcooked meals in 30 minutes or less!:thumbup:

Re: DcbAbsolutely everything Becky said. Love love love this item (both for DH & I and for sales!)

Becky: Brilliant line about it being the Microwave Crockpot!

Re: DcbThe Microwave White Chicken Chili in the new SBRC is really good, too. And who couldn't use a quick recipe for a hearty meal that they can have ready in a flash for impromptu sports parties?

Re: DcbI would love to use this more too...but my microwave while not small, isn't big enough for this peice when the lid is on it. So I have NEVER used this. I have only sold like maybe 10 in the year plus that i have owned it b/c I have nothing personal to add to it.

Re: Dcb
pampered.chris said:
I would love to use this more too...but my microwave while not small, isn't big enough for this peice when the lid is on it. So I have NEVER used this. I have only sold like maybe 10 in the year plus that i have owned it b/c I have nothing personal to add to it.

I think most of the microwave recipes call for lid off, like the 30 minute chicken. Will it fit with lid off?
I have made chicken breasts in it and then taken them in DCB to the party for the recipe and then told everyone how I use the microwave to make them. I also use mine in the oven for meatloaf, chicken casserole, chicken, roasts, baked beans, etc...
I LOVE this piece of stoneware!!!:love:

chefshawna said:
I think most of the microwave recipes call for lid off, like the 30 minute chicken. Will it fit with lid off?
I have made chicken breasts in it and then taken them in DCB to the party for the recipe and then told everyone how I use the microwave to make them. I also use mine in the oven for meatloaf, chicken casserole, chicken, roasts, baked beans, etc...
I LOVE this piece of stoneware!!!:love:

Yes! I use it often in the oven too. I tell guests at shows that the beauty of this piece is it's versatility! It can be used in the microwave when you need a fast meal, and also when you don't want to heat up the kitchen...but it is also wonderful in the oven for beef stew, or baked beans, chicken pot pie or chicken and biscuits.....

chefshawna said:
I think most of the microwave recipes call for lid off, like the 30 minute chicken. I LOVE this piece of stoneware!!!:love:

The 30 minute chicken, bbq pork tenderloin and caramel apple bread pudding are made with the lid on.

Re: DcbI use it for shows for the 10 min pork and 15 min chicken fajitas. At home, I use it for lots of things! Pork chops and rice, Chicken and rice, Enchilada Casserole, roasts, roast chicken, etc...

Re: DcbI just got one a few weeks ago with my PC dollars and I LOVE LOVE it.

chefjeanine said:
The 30 minute chicken, bbq pork tenderloin and caramel apple bread pudding are made with the lid on.

30 Minute Chicken is LID OFF!

ChefBeckyD said:

I have made this both ways (lid on and off) and prefer it with the lid on. It's a preference thing.

ChefBeckyD said:

I like it better with the lid on too. It seems juicier to me that way.

I LOVE the Chicken Tortilla Casserole. I think I will start offering that more often. I really love that is cooks so quick too!

chefjeanine said:

Thanks for posting this as I leave the lid on on these too!

Re: DcbThe chicken tortilla cassarole is nice and speedy!Recipe says 30 min. chicken is lid off UNTIL YOU TAKE IT OUT and then it's lid on.

ChefBeckyD said:

Hmmm. I've been doing it with the lid on -- guess I should read the directions a little more closely.

For those who have done it both ways, what's the difference in how it turns out? Does the skin get crispy with the lid off?

Re: DcbI've basically only used it with the lid on as I tend to like the juices retained and my DH likes his food moist and when I used to cook chicken pieces, fish and pork in other pieces I always put plastic wrap on top for the same reason. I will say that just about everything I make in the DCB is a big hit!

I do a lot of cooking in my microwave.

Last edited:
Re: DcbI have the guests help me make the tenderloin and let them see that no other liquid is added to the baker. Then when its done I let them cut it with the utility knife. The last time I done this at one of my shows I sold four of the deep covered bakers.

chefjeanine said:
Hmmm. I've been doing it with the lid on -- guess I should read the directions a little more closely. For those who have done it both ways, what's the difference in how it turns out? Does the skin get crispy with the lid off?
That's why I do it with the lid off (the original recipe calls for the lid off) - then the skin is more like a chicken roasted in the oven. I tell them they can buy a chicken in the deli for $7-$8, or they can do their own at home for less than $4, and have the same results!and - it's always incredibly moist and tender. The secret is to cover it and let it sit for 5-10 minutes when you take it out of the microwave.

Re: DcbI cooked the 30-minute chicken for the first time last week. I kept the lid on but the chicken did not get completely done. We put it back in for 10 minutes with the lid off. I have also done the ribs in it as well. Wasn't too impressed with the recipe since it was cooked more on the stove than in the DCB. My DD made some baked beans on the stovetop then put them in the DCB (which was cold) to take to a potluck. When her DH went to take it out of the car, it nearly burnt him because the beans had heated it up!

Re: DcbI have always wated to try the micro recipes but my DH hates it when things get cooked in the microwave.

Jennie4PC said:
I have always wanted to try the micro recipes but my DH hates it when things get cooked in the microwave.

Fix a recipe in the microwave without telling him (the chicken recipes are great). Feed it to him and get a response on whether or not he likes it, then tell him where it was made. ;)

chefjeanine said:
Fix a recipe in the microwave without telling him (the chicken recipes are great). Feed it to him and get a response on whether or not he likes it, then tell him where it was made. ;)

TeeHee....that's what I did!

Funny thing is, he still didn't seem to get that it was done in the microwave! I've been doing it like that now for about a year - and just a couple weeks ago, we were talking about it with some friends of ours, (he was raving about the chicken!) and I was talking up the microwave....and he looked at me with this stunned look and said "You mean, you don't put that in the oven at all? It's totally done in the microwave?":eek::D

Re: DcbI make a chicken in the DCB at every show. If the recipe calls for chicken I'll start it as soon as I get there and it's ready to cut when the demo starts. If we're doing a non-chicken recipe I'll make one anyway and tell everyone that this is for the host to feed her family the next day. Regardless, someone always comments at how good the housesmells when they walk in and it's almost like it's scripted how amazed they are that it's microwaved. I also us it as a booking incentive. I choose a window of dates that I want to fill and offer the DCB for $20 if they hold the show date and reach $500.

chefjeanine said:

HO says leave the lid OFF for the 30 min chicken, or you'll have to add 10 minutes to the cooking time...

Re: DcbI have already posted this in a couple of threads but, I do my pinto beans in there (less than 3 hours) and pot Roast without thawing (less than 3 hours)!
It also makes a mean lasagna!

jillbean said:
I have already posted this in a couple of threads but, I do my pinto beans in there (less than 3 hours) and pot Roast without thawing (less than 3 hours)!
It also makes a mean lasagna!

I commented about this on another thread - but wanted you to see this! One of the most frequent ways people break/crack their stones is by putting heavy frozen foods on them. This causes a temperature shock and the stone cracks - often while it is in the oven/microwave. Be careful about putting a frozen roast in a stone....and I wouldn't recommend it at shows!

ChefBeckyD said:
I commented about this on another thread - but wanted you to see this! One of the most frequent ways people break/crack their stones is by putting heavy frozen foods on them. This causes a temperature shock and the stone cracks - often while it is in the oven/microwave. Be careful about putting a frozen roast in a stone....and I wouldn't recommend it at shows!

As stated on the other thread, the water is a buffer. I have been doing it for almost a year and my director longer than that. I wouldn't recommend it if it weren't for the water but it hasn't hurt anyone's stone and my entire family does it.

Re: DcbMy DH is amazed by the ribs in the DCB - tender/fallling off the bones. He can't believe it takes only 20 minutes total - he swore I was cooking them for hours before he got home until he actually SAW me make them one day.

Re: DcbMy DH tells everyone about the pork tenderloin and how much he loves it in there and how moist it is. I just wish everyone he told would buy one! Boy, would I have great sales!

Re: DcbI'm scared to even put frozen chicken in mine and put it in the microwave ....

1. What do you cook in the DCB at home?

The DCB (Deep Covered Baker) is incredibly versatile and can be used to cook a variety of dishes. Some popular options include roasts, casseroles, lasagna, breads, and even desserts like apple crisp. The stoneware material ensures even cooking and a crispy exterior, making it perfect for a wide range of recipes.

2. What are some of the things that really sell this baker?

The DCB's unique design and functionality make it a popular item among Pampered Chef customers. It is microwave, oven, and dishwasher safe, making it convenient for everyday use. The deep walls and lid create a steamy environment that helps to lock in moisture and flavors, resulting in delicious and tender dishes. Additionally, the stoneware material is durable and can withstand high temperatures, making it a long-lasting investment for any kitchen.

3. What do you demo in the DCB to sell it?

During product demonstrations, we like to showcase the DCB's versatility by cooking a variety of dishes. This includes a simple roasted chicken, a cheesy casserole, and a sweet dessert like a fruit crisp. We also like to highlight the ease of use and cleanup, as well as the health benefits of cooking with stoneware versus traditional non-stick pans.

4. Can you provide any tips for using and caring for the DCB?

To ensure the best results when using the DCB, make sure to generously season it before each use. This helps to create a natural non-stick surface and enhances the flavor of your food. Also, avoid drastic temperature changes, such as placing a hot baker directly into cold water, as this can cause the stoneware to crack. When cleaning, use a gentle scrub brush or non-abrasive sponge and avoid using harsh chemicals or metal utensils.

5. Is the DCB worth the investment?

Absolutely! The DCB is a versatile and durable piece of stoneware that will last for years to come. Its ability to cook a wide range of dishes and ease of use make it a valuable addition to any kitchen. Plus, with proper care, it will continue to perform like new for a long time, making it well worth the investment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Melissa78
Replies
Views
hselby87
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
BlueMoon