• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Selling Tips for the Deep Covered Baker

In summary, the DCB is a versatile and less bulky crockpot that is popular among chefs for cooking healthy meals. However, it was not a popular item at the two shows Chefgirl2 attended.
babywings76
Gold Member
If you aren't using the DCB for a recipe demo, what do you say that makes people want to buy it? I have a few things that I say, but I don't necessarily sell them like hot cakes...So, I'm looking for some tips.

Why aren't you using it in your demo? I have used mine in some form at EVERY show for over 2 yrs.

And I do usually use it in some fashion, but tonight I can't. I can only "paint word pictures" and give tips on how having it will help you cook healthy foods.

Well, that explains that! LOL
Is anyone going to be at your show who has one or seen it in action? You could ask one of them to tell the guests what was made in it, how it tasted, etc.
OR, you could still bring it, and tell them ALL the things you can do with it. Offer to show them when they book their own show how amazing it is. And then direct them to your website where you should have all the recipes you'd ever want or need so they can see for themselves. :D

It's not technically a "show". I'm doing a multivendor type thing for a Chiropractic office. Just them, me, and a Mary Kay lady. I don't know if people are coming w/ the intention of buying anything. So...leading it to a booking discussion would be good. But I don't want to be too sales pitchy. I'm supposed to be giving them ideas on how our products help people cook healthy, and help promote people to eat fresh fruits and veggies. (We live in a rural farm country here.)But I also thought this thread might be helpful for people who are new and don't have the DCB yet. Or if you have a host where the DCB won't fit. :D

babywings76 said:
It's not technically a "show". I'm doing a multivendor type thing for a Chiropractic office. Just them, me, and a Mary Kay lady. I don't know if people are coming w/ the intention of buying anything. So...leading it to a booking discussion would be good. But I don't want to be too sales pitchy. I'm supposed to be giving them ideas on how our products help people cook healthy, and help promote people to eat fresh fruits and veggies. (We live in a rural farm country here.)

But I also thought this thread might be helpful for people who are new and don't have the DCB yet. Or if you have a host where the DCB won't fit. :D

I'd definitely take it and at the very least talk about it and what you can do w/ it. Then tell them that if they want to book a show to get it for half off or free. You aren't being too "salesy", just giving them info.

I would print off the DCB booklet that has over 90 recipes, put it in clear protective sleeves in a binder with some of the pictures HO sells for the tote...and make sure it is circulated around the room when I talk about one of my favorite products.

The DCB keeps us from ending up in the drive-through fast food lane... I can make fajitas in 20 minutes (that includes chopping up the toppings!).For non-microwave people, it also is fantastic in the oven, makes very tender roasts.Those comments are just based on what I've made and heard from others in the past week... I'm sure everyone else would have other good ideas!

Talk about how versatile it is. You can make everything in it from chicken to roast, to soup to pasta, to dessert!

And it's so less bulky than a crockpot!!

Amanda what did you end up doing?

The best line ever: I had a guest say that she has one and that she actually cooks now that she has it. She got a round of applause - well known in family and among friends that she does not cook. Then I told them that 2-3 times out for dinner (even if they could do McD at $20/time) and it's paid for but you're eating healthier.

I sold 5 at full price at that show.

I have used it at 2 shows now, made Fajitas and the Mexican Chili Corn bread, and did not sell any!!! People ohhhh and ahhhh over it, but no one bought one. That's very disappointing!

Any ideas why they seem to like it but won't buy it?

I also tried to talk about booking to get it free, but I got not one booking out of those 2 shows.!!! Very frustrating!

Chefgirl2 said:
I would print off the DCB booklet that has over 90 recipes,QUOTE]

Where is this??? I have a little flyer I hand out but it isn't all that great.

I too have lots of guests oooh & ahhh but have only sold a few outright. The majority of my hosts get it with their show though.

Suzballard said:
Chefgirl2 said:
I would print off the DCB booklet that has over 90 recipes,QUOTE]

Where is this??? I have a little flyer I hand out but it isn't all that great.

I too have lots of guests oooh & ahhh but have only sold a few outright. The majority of my hosts get it with their show though.

I found this in the Files, and it's really nicely formatted. Posted by Erica Boone, couple of years ago, I think

Marghi

Attachments

• DCB cookbook.doc
    428.5 KB · Views: 615

1. What makes the Deep Covered Baker a best-selling product?

The Deep Covered Baker is a versatile and convenient cooking tool that allows you to cook a wide variety of dishes in the microwave or oven. Its unique design helps to lock in moisture and flavor, making it perfect for roasting, baking, and even steaming.

2. How do I properly care for the Deep Covered Baker?

To ensure the longevity of your Deep Covered Baker, it is important to hand wash it with warm, soapy water and avoid using any abrasive cleaners. It is also recommended to avoid extreme temperature changes, such as placing it in the oven right after taking it out of the fridge.

3. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker in the dishwasher?

No, the Deep Covered Baker is not dishwasher safe. It is recommended to hand wash it to preserve its non-stick coating and prevent any potential damage.

4. What types of dishes can I make in the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker is ideal for cooking a variety of dishes, including meats, vegetables, casseroles, desserts, and even bread. You can also use it for reheating leftovers or defrosting frozen foods.

5. How do I prevent my food from sticking to the Deep Covered Baker?

To prevent food from sticking to the Deep Covered Baker, make sure to lightly coat the cooking surface with cooking spray or oil before adding your ingredients. You can also add a small amount of liquid, such as broth or water, to the dish to create steam and prevent sticking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Melissa78
Replies
Views
melissakc
Replies
Views
marystell1
Replies
Views