• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seasoned Consultant Needs Help Booking May!

In summary, Ann is struggling to book parties for May due to the lack of excitement around her products among her customers. She offers an incentive for customers to book their party through April and May in order to increase her chances of booking a show in May. She also suggests taking the OOF to all of your April shows and taking pre-orders for HWC products- even if you don't get any close-in bookings for May. This will increase her chances of having a show in May.
baychef
Silver Member
I am so hoping that today will change my change my calendar..but I have ZERO bookings for May! May is usually busy for me but not PC wise. I just can not get people excited about HWC products. This is the start of my 9th year, but I still stumble on thismonth! Any suggestions?!?!:cry:

I had zero bookings for January so I offered the large bar pan for the price of the day they booked their show. I ended up with 4 bookings within the first two weeks of January (I only offered through the 12th). I talked about this at my shows in December and sent it out with my newsletter in December. The stoneware was on sale in January so it was a little bit cheaper. If I did it again, I would also have them have at least a $400 show.

ideaTake the May OOF to all your April Show and take pre-orders for HWC products - even if you don't get any close-in bookings for May - from collecting orders through April and May - you will end up with one HUGE Show. You could do a draw for a Mystery Host.....

Hmmmm....maybe I could take advantage of kit enhancement month and offer some items ordered off that!! Sounds great! Thanks for the help! I have a cluster meeting tomorrow night and I am trying to "inspire" others when I am grasping right now! I KNOW this will change and things will get going again soon! Thanks for the extra boost! Hope this helps someone else too!

stefani2 said:
Take the May OOF to all your April Show and take pre-orders for HWC products - even if you don't get any close-in bookings for May - from collecting orders through April and May - you will end up with one HUGE Show. You could do a draw for a Mystery Host.....
I was thinkin the same thing right after my first April show (no one booked for May) but 2 for June! duh- what was I thinkin!:p

For some reason I can only get MK consultants to book with me in May. Go figure.

I didn't have time to pull together an incentive to book May. I had a full house, but sales were generally stinky. (It was a fun party too). I did get 3 bookings. One wants the April incentive,one is in June and one is in the fall when her new home is done!! Again, no one is touching May and it's incentives. I am so bummed.

I don't have another party until the last Sunday in April...I will be getting on the phone but it will be tough for me this week. We'll see!:confused:

Thanks for the great tips and support!

Ann - I'm glad to hear it's not just me! I struggle every year with May - and always wonder how people get bookings, and talk about what a great month it is for them. Last year, actully, I did better - I think because the HWC items were really great last year......I actually sold a ton of them, because people loved that lettuce knife (had about 20 on backorder until the end of JUNE in fact!), and the mini scraper! This year - people are looking at the HWC items, and it's more of a "What would I do with that?" type of response. I live in an area where people are frugal, and practical...and with the economy the way it is, not willing to buy something they won't use, even to help out a great cause.

I keep trying to book May - and the response I get is "Hmmm, So what is the host special for June?" I have 7 shows booked for June right now, and 3 for May. NONE of the shows booked for May are because of HWC - they are just because that is what worked for the host. Two are on Saturdays - and all of my available Saturdays for April & June are already booked - so they were like "Oh, well, I guess I'll take May then." (said in a resigned tone of voice.)

Because June is almost booked solid (I only have through the 18th of June to book shows - and the only dates I have left are Mondays) I have thought about offering a deal for May - If they want the June Host Special, and they have a $400 show in May - they can use one of their 1/2 off items for the June special, and I'll pay the extra 10% so they can get it for 60% off.

When I was a PC customer I always thought that having a show in Help Whip Cancer month meant that I would not receive host benefits -- that it was all for charity. Make sure everyone knows that they can still get the same host benefits.

ChefBeckyD said:
Ann - I'm glad to hear it's not just me! I struggle every year with May - and always wonder how people get bookings, and talk about what a great month it is for them. Last year, actully, I did better - I think because the HWC items were really great last year......I actually sold a ton of them, because people loved that lettuce knife (had about 20 on backorder until the end of JUNE in fact!), and the mini scraper! This year - people are looking at the HWC items, and it's more of a "What would I do with that?" type of response. I live in an area where people are frugal, and practical...and with the economy the way it is, not willing to buy something they won't use, even to help out a great cause.

I keep trying to book May - and the response I get is "Hmmm, So what is the host special for June?" I have 7 shows booked for June right now, and 3 for May. NONE of the shows booked for May are because of HWC - they are just because that is what worked for the host. Two are on Saturdays - and all of my available Saturdays for April & June are already booked - so they were like "Oh, well, I guess I'll take May then." (said in a resigned tone of voice.)

Because June is almost booked solid (I only have through the 18th of June to book shows - and the only dates I have left are Mondays) I have thought about offering a deal for May - If they want the June Host Special, and they have a $400 show in May - they can use one of their 1/2 off items for the June special, and I'll pay the extra 10% so they can get it for 60% off.

I guess I was looking at being close enough for TPC, but I am falling flat. Time to call my ED!!

Related to Seasoned Consultant Needs Help Booking May!

1. How can I get more bookings for the month of May?

There are several strategies you can use to increase your bookings for the month of May. First, reach out to past customers and offer them a special promotion or incentive for hosting a party in May. You can also attend local events or host your own online party to reach new potential customers. Additionally, make sure to utilize social media and post about your availability for May parties. Finally, consider partnering with other consultants or offering a party bundle deal to attract more bookings.

2. What are some tips for reaching out to potential hosts?

When reaching out to potential hosts, it's important to personalize your message and highlight the benefits of hosting a party. You can also offer a special discount or free gift for booking a May party. Make sure to follow up with them if you don't hear back and provide them with all the information they need to make a decision. Additionally, consider hosting a booking blitz with your team to reach out to a larger pool of potential hosts.

3. How can I make my May parties more appealing to potential hosts?

One way to make your May parties more appealing is by offering a theme or special focus for the party. For example, you can have a Cinco de Mayo party with Mexican-inspired recipes or a Mother's Day brunch party. You can also showcase new products or limited edition items that are only available in May. Additionally, consider offering a hostess exclusive or extra host rewards for parties booked in May.

4. I'm having difficulty finding hosts for May. What can I do?

If you're having difficulty finding hosts for May, don't be afraid to think outside the box. Consider reaching out to local businesses or organizations to host a lunch and learn or cooking demo. You can also offer to do a fundraiser for a charity or school, which can attract a larger group of potential customers. Additionally, consider hosting a Facebook party or offering a virtual party option for those who may not be able to attend an in-person event.

5. What are some ways to incentivize guests to book parties in May?

There are several ways to incentivize guests to book parties in May. One option is to offer a special discount or free gift for guests who book a party at another party they attend. You can also offer a raffle or giveaway for those who book a party in May. Additionally, consider hosting a "May Madness" event with exclusive deals and discounts for parties booked in May. Lastly, make sure to highlight the benefits of hosting a party in May, such as the availability of limited edition products or extra host rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • Jennis
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • elizabethby