• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

S&H on a Small Order... What to Do?

In summary, it may be helpful to offer incentives for customers to increase their order size or to offer a flat rate for shipping and handling to avoid customers backing out of their orders.
alidafrizzell
Gold Member
This time of year I have quite a few people call to order one or two small items... I have had several lately NOT place the order when I gave them their total with S&H added on... Ideas?

you could put it on one order & keep a record of who ordered what. sometimes a lot of work...print receipts for all and mark each receipt with who ordered what....

I sometimes add them to an order I already am planning on putting through. If it's a small order, I waive the S&H if they pick it up from me or if they live somewhat local or will meet up with me somewhere. I make a note in their contact info on P3 on what they ordered and what show and guest name it was under in case there is a problem. If it's a more expensive item, I let them know that the S&H is needed because they need the product in their own name because it typically has a longer guarantee period on it and if they have a problem and need to call PC...

In a situation like this I would group all the orders together and split the shipping. For reciepts I would hand write a receipt and give it to them with the shipping of 5.25 xed out and write in what they paid.

Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience with us. I can definitely understand the frustration when customers decide not to place an order after hearing the total with shipping and handling added on. One idea could be to offer free shipping and handling for orders over a certain amount, as an incentive for customers to add more items to their order. You could also try offering a discount on shipping and handling for first-time customers or for orders placed within a certain time frame. Another option could be to offer a flat rate for shipping and handling, so customers know exactly how much they will be paying regardless of the size of their order. I hope these suggestions help and best of luck with your future orders!

1. What is considered a "small order" for shipping and handling purposes?

There is no set definition for a "small order" when it comes to shipping and handling. It can vary depending on the company and their policies. However, it is generally considered to be an order that is under a certain dollar amount, typically around $25 or less.

2. Why do companies charge S&H on small orders?

Shipping and handling charges are used to cover the cost of packaging, shipping, and other associated expenses that come with fulfilling an order. Even on small orders, companies still incur these costs and need to cover them in order to make a profit.

3. What can I do to avoid paying high S&H fees on a small order?

One way to potentially avoid high shipping and handling fees on a small order is to look for companies that offer free or discounted shipping for orders over a certain amount. You can also try reaching out to the company and asking if they can waive the S&H fees for your order.

4. Are there any alternatives to paying S&H fees on a small order?

Some companies may offer the option to pick up your small order in-store, which would eliminate the need for shipping and handling fees. You can also try bundling your small order with other items to reach the minimum amount for free shipping.

5. What should I do if I am unhappy with the S&H charges on my small order?

If you are unhappy with the shipping and handling charges on your small order, you can try contacting the company and expressing your concerns. They may be willing to work with you to find a more reasonable solution. You can also choose to shop with a different company that offers more favorable shipping and handling policies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• archie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
archie
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
SassyCook
  • babywings76