• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Lanyards Still Available at the Rufth Conference from Sept 08-May 09?

In summary, the conference dates are from Sept 08-May 09. The summary does not mention if the lanyards are still being given out. The summary does mention that last year someone had a special lanyard and seating at one of the breakfasts. The summary also mentions that people can qualify for recognition through the charitable giving programs by submitting a total of $150 or more in combined contributions to the Help Whip Cancer 1 and Round-Up From the Heart 2 campaigns. There is also the option to submit a total of $150 or more in total contributions to Help Whip Cancer 1.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
They never announce if they are still doing the lanyards at conference but I couldn't remember if the dates are from Sept 08-May 09 or if it's Jan 09-May 09. If it's from September I've already earned mine! I've had $140 in donations and 11 trivets sold!

From 9/1/08 to today I have $198.00 in donations plus 5 trivets. Wow, I'm slacking this year! Last earning period I had over $300 in donations!

Oh, I'm not doing so good. I have 21 trivets sold but only $76 in donations. Where did you get your donation info? I clicked on donations but it didn't total it, just gave me a list - is that right?

pcsharon1 said:
Oh, I'm not doing so good. I have 21 trivets sold but only $76 in donations. Where did you get your donation info? I clicked on donations but it didn't total it, just gave me a list - is that right?

The total is at the bottom of the list.

21 trivets is really good, that's $42!

Oh no, I'm running the report now.....
I only have $62.25 in donations and only 7 hearts. Alright I need to reevaluate and get on my 4 shows this week. I'll hopefully have a lot more by the end of the month!!

How do you all present the trivets at your show? I cant really seem to generate an interest...

I talk about the Round Up program at every show. I talk about rounding up their order and purchasing the trivet. I also give each host a trivet if they get 7 orders before their show.

wadesgirl said:
I talk about the Round Up program at every show. I talk about rounding up their order and purchasing the trivet. I also give each host a trivet if they get 7 orders before their show.

Great Idea!!!

I talk about RUFTH at every show. Whenever I tell someone their total I tell them both amounts i.e., "That's $34.85 or $35 if you want to round up." It's rare for someone not to round up.

I've started filling in both amounts on the receipt. I explain what it's about & then I circle whichever they choose.

I always promote both at my parties too. But I too do not get much interest for the trivets. I do have almost $100 in donations. I guess though if I were doing 8 shows a month I would be doing better as I rarely have anyone say no to the round-up. They do say no to the trivet a lot though. I even use it always when serving our dish. Still, nothing much. I think I have 8 sold this year. I like the idea of giving one to each host though for x amount of pre-orders. That is pretty good!

You get something special for RUFTH?

In the past they've had a special lanyard for at NC for those who raised at least $150 in RUFTH donations and special seating at one of the breakfasts.

That's cool, I was not aware of that. I'll have to go look to see where I am at.

They haven't given us any levels for this year.

I was wondering if anyone knew what the date range is since it said you can do either 150.00 in either the trivets or the pink items or do a combination of those items but donations and so I was wondering does that include like last may products 2008 ? If anyone knows info would be helpful thanks :)

There are several ways you can qualify for recognition at National Conference as a result of your work through our Charitable Giving Programs:

* Submit a total of $150 or more in combined contributions to the Help Whip Cancer® 1 and Round-Up From the Heart® 2 campaigns.

* Submit a total of $150 or more in total contributions to Help Whip Cancer® 1.

1 HWC contributions are comprised of the total HWC Fundraiser Show sale donation and each $1 donation from the sale of special pink products. This is for the period of October 1-31, 2008, and May 1-31, 2009. Shows must be submitted by midnight (CT) June 5, 2009.

2 RUFTH contributions are comprised of the donation total from the sale of the RUFTH 2008 Trivet and total round-up donations. This is for the period of Sept. 1, 2008 to June 5, 2009. Shows must be submitted by midnight (CT) June 5, 2009.

Yesterday's PC Newswire included the following addition: * Submit a total of $150 or more in Round-Up from the Heart® contributions.(RUFTH contributions are comprised of the donation total from the sale of the RUFTH 2008 Trivet and total round-up donations. This is for the period of Sept. 1, 2008 to June 5, 2009. Shows must be submitted by midnight (CT) June 5, 2009.)

* Volunteer as a 2009 Food Bank Coordinator.So, to answer your question, Christina, the RUFTH donations need to be between Sept. 1, 2008 and June 5, 2009. Only 2009 HWC donations count.

what does the food bank coordinator do? I looked on the website and could not find any information. Is it a job that only a few elite people get? what do you do for it?

You have to sign up. I don't know all of the details, but there's only one in each designated area.

In the past, coordinators had to be Directors or above, although last year they were accepting applications from consultants because there were no volunteers for some of the food banks. The coordinator is expected to hold at least 1 FR or other event for their food bank during the year, then complete an update form to send to HO. They also can set up a check presentation.

raebates said:
Yesterday's PC Newswire included the following addition:

* Submit a total of $150 or more in Round-Up from the Heart® contributions.

(RUFTH contributions are comprised of the donation total from the sale of the RUFTH 2008 Trivet and total round-up donations. This is for the period of Sept. 1, 2008 to June 5, 2009. Shows must be submitted by midnight (CT) June 5, 2009.)

* Volunteer as a 2009 Food Bank Coordinator.

So, to answer your question, Christina, the RUFTH donations need to be between Sept. 1, 2008 and June 5, 2009. Only 2009 HWC donations count.

R u kidding me? Now they come out with it! I totally missed this and think I missed it by less than $10! Yup, I did! Shucks! I earned the combined but that stinks!

Yikes! It has been $150 for as many years as I can remember now and I somehow knew it ran until the 5th of June for quite a while now. I do not remember where I saw that. You know what though? Not getting there is not a problem, a problem would be if you didn't try! $140 is somethig to feel good about. Yeah, I know and I am totally into the pat on the back thing but congradulate your self anyway. I had a terrible time this year getting people to round up.
So congrats on your $140 and WAAAHOOOO!

pampered1224 said:
Yikes! It has been $150 for as many years as I can remember now and I somehow knew it ran until the 5th of June for quite a while now. I do not remember where I saw that. You know what though? Not getting there is not a problem, a problem would be if you didn't try! $140 is somethig to feel good about. Yeah, I know and I am totally into the pat on the back thing but congradulate your self anyway. I had a terrible time this year getting people to round up.

Thanks John! That's the way I should be looking at it, you're right!

Thanks again!

pampered1224 said:

Earlier they posted that it was just $150 for HWC or HWC/RUFTH combined. They didn't say anything about RUFTH alone this year. I should have definitely worked harder. Bummer!!

Uh, Kristi, that info came out May 26. ;)

raebates said:
Uh, Kristi, that info came out May 26. ;)

I know but with a only a week to finish earning it. I'm not mad i'm just bummed bc I have to hit every carrot!!

I understand. I'm a bit of a carrot slut myself. :)

Ain't we all into carrots!
I know you feel bad about that Kristi but like I said, you did a good thing anyway. Like with HWC - I set a goal of $6000 in sales this year and you can see the number I hit last year was $4260. Well, I was far from both this year but I refuse to kick myself. I would have been happy if I could have only gotten $4 from the HWC stuff I bought and a few RUFTH pennies! (Besides it beats the heck out of ALL THE MENTAL BLACK AND BLUE FOOTPRINTS I would have left on my behind!)
But Rae and you are correct. We do some of this for that "pat on the back". Especially when we forget to give it to ourselves! So I will give you a major pat on the back and a big cyber hug for all you have done!
As well as to anyone who tried.
Now, I am going to ask a stupid question here. Rae you will probably know the answer to this as I have a tendancy to skip the fine print on everything and find fun surprises I had no idea I earned. But, I read the HWC info and I believe that all the Round ups still go to Feeding America in May, right? I put that on all my order forms so I hope it was true. But if it went to HWC that is OK with me as well. I reread it again and still can nto quite decide if I am reading it correctly. (Just call me numb for right now!)

wadesgirl said:

Do you do this over and above the FREE hostess gift? Just wondering

pampered1224 said:
Now, I am going to ask a stupid question here. Rae you will probably know the answer to this as I have a tendancy to skip the fine print on everything and find fun surprises I had no idea I earned. But, I read the HWC info and I believe that all the Round ups still go to Feeding America in May, right? I put that on all my order forms so I hope it was true. But if it went to HWC that is OK with me as well. I reread it again and still can nto quite decide if I am reading it correctly. (Just call me numb for right now!)

Yes, even during May the Round-Up donations go to Feeding America. That's been the case ever since RU went to all-year.

Thanks Ann! I thought so. And I am doing the trivets as my hostess gifts just for hosting. Funny how I can't sell the darn things but give them away and they are appreciated. People are so fickle!

I did know the answer, John, but Ann beat me to it. ;) I tend to read all of the fine print. Remembering it is sometimes an issue.

My people kind of go in waves with the trivel. I sell a lot around Christmas because I push it as a great gift for teachers, coaches, etc.

Does anybody have the product #'s for the HWC products for October ???

They don't necessarily do HWC in October. Last year I think the HWC products from May were available from the Outlet in October.

Do you mabey have the #'s for them still....??

I never had the numbers. Sorry.

1. What are Rufth requirements and how do I earn my lanyard at the upcoming conference?

Rufth requirements are the criteria set by Pampered Chef for earning a lanyard at the upcoming conference. To earn your lanyard, you need to have made $140 in donations and sold at least 11 trivets between September 2008 and May 2009.

2. Will they still be offering lanyards at the conference?

We cannot confirm if lanyards will be offered at the conference as it is not officially announced. However, if you have met the Rufth requirements, you can earn your lanyard regardless.

3. Do the dates for earning the lanyard run from September 2008 to May 2009 or just January 2009 to May 2009?

The dates for earning the lanyard run from September 2008 to May 2009. If you have met the requirements during this time period, you can earn your lanyard.

4. I have already met the Rufth requirements, do I still need to attend the conference to receive my lanyard?

No, you do not need to attend the conference to receive your lanyard if you have already met the requirements. You can contact your Pampered Chef consultant to arrange for your lanyard to be sent to you.

5. Can I earn my lanyard if I have not met the Rufth requirements but attend the conference?

No, the Rufth requirements must be met in order to earn your lanyard. Attending the conference alone will not earn you a lanyard if you have not met the requirements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
akaskydebil