• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Free Ebooks (12Gt;1Per Week) From Tor + Win a Galaxy Mobile Pampered Chef

A
Admin Greg
Rating: 1 Posted By: nowshining
Views: 174 Replies: 2 Edit: Forgot the link - oops sorry guys & Signup is on the main page
face-icon-small-smile.gif

http://www.tor.com/sign up to receive FREE eBooks - these are pre-selected & get a chance to win the (very hot) Asus EEE 4GB Galaxy Mobile PC.*
Note eBooks are pre-selected
u'll get a link to download each ebook/pdf in the email."Science fiction. Fantasy. The universe. And related subjects.
Something new is coming. Register to be one of the first to join us, and receive free digital books from bestselling and award-winning SF and fantasy authors. This is just the beginning.
Once you register, you'll receive our newsletter and a link to download a digital book. And you'll receive a link to another new book every week.
The first week's free book is Mistborn, by rising fantasy star Brandon Sanderson. Next week's will be Old Man's War by John Scalzi, 2006's winner of the John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer. Over the next several weeks, other books still.
So sign up. Stay in touch. And watch the skies.

Within a day or so of sending us your address, you should receive an email with a download link for this weeks free book. As different free books are swapped in, about once a week, youll get further emails with different download links. This program will end when the site launches, but you can keep the free books; we wont be erasing them with our orbital attack electromagnets. (Yet.) Did we mention, watch the skies?"
Contest Details Below
"**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 or older. Starts 7:00 P.M. (ET) on February 08, 2008 and ends 11:59 A.M. (ET) on May 15, 2008. Sponsored by Macmillan, 175 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Complete Official Rules are available here."To download the first ebook without signing up, here is a direct link
I don't know if this link from my email will work, but u can try, also I'll try to remember to return each and every week for a direct link to the ebook for those who don't wish to join.
face-icon-small-wink.gif
.This is for the first ebook "Mistborn, by rising fantasy star Brandon Sanderson"
http://e2ma.net/go/939130677/827662/29986921/goto:http://hbpub.vo.llnwd.net/o16/video/olmk/tor.com/9780765350381.pdf
Next ebook:
"Old Man's War by John Scalzi, winner of the John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer"edit2: If anyone is wondering, it doesn't say anything on the main site I think, it's in the first email u receive from them after signing up - after the confirm email and in the email to download ur first ebook.More Online Coupons from Fatwallet.com.
Get the coupon/deal here...

HO outreach to Hispanic ConsultantsI have a new consultant (hispanic) who received a phone message from HO reference a hispanic conference(?). She tried calling back but didn't have a good number.
I thought I heard there was a separate set of conference calls for hispanic consultants. Does anyone know where I can get more info? Addie?
My gal signed in Jan with great enthusiasm and then dropped off the net for a few weeks. She is back and wants to get started. I think the hispanic connection will be important to her.
leggy

Bumping...

Yes, there is a "new consultant boot camp" going on. It's a series of weekly calls.You can call the HO and talk to Valerie or Susanna in the Hispanic Market office.

thanks deb....
It's great that HO is doing that, but I'd rather learn about it from HO than from a new consultant....unless, of course, I goofed and missed a notice.

Sorry I just saw this. Yes, Deb is right. The calls are for New Consultant Academy. The calls are every Thursday at 7pm Chicago time. They are 1 hour long and are given by Valerie. They must be present at all 4 calls to "graduate". They get a cool certificate and $50 PC dollars. The first class graduated last week.

It has not been broadcast to the greater PC community because they are doing it as a pilot program right now. One of my bestest PC buddies is a director in the hispanic market, that the only reason I know.

They are also calling all bilingual consultants and asking if they would like to be a part of the Hispanic Market because there will be certain things (like this) that will only be made available to people in the market. I agree that it would be very helpful to put this info out there for everyone so if they have someone on their team that could benefit they can take advantage of it. Not everyone looks this stuff up.

About the other news... It did not go out yesterday due to all the techinical problems and editing but we should hear something soon. I will post it here.

Hmmm......Addie I will be waiting!!!!!

Addie4TLC said:
About the other news... It did not go out yesterday due to all the techinical problems and editing but we should hear something soon. I will post it here.

This is killing me!

Well, not really... I am THE MOST patient person in every part of my life EXECPT PC!!!!!! UGH!

Patience is a virtue...
Patience is a virtue...
Patience is a virtue...

:approve:

No news yet...I guess my Director jumped the gun before he got all of the 101 approvals needed for our surprise announcement. It will be coming but there is a hold up. Did any of you get this e-mail? I didn't get it but maybe because I'm already in the Hispanic Market. We will start getting bilingual Host Specials and Guest Specials and some other things they are working on to help bilingual consultants.

Dear Consultant,
We have heard from many of you that there is a need to support our bilingual Consultants with more business and training materials designed specifically for them. In order to do that, we must first be able to identify those of you who are bilingual.

Please help us.

If you are fluent in Spanish, or conduct cooking shows in Spanish, please
click here to complete a short survey by Thursday, March 13, 2008.
Please complete the survey only if you speak Spanish or conduct some
Cooking Shows in Spanish.

This will ensure that you will receive proper training support and materials in the language or languages of your preference (please note that you will continue to receive English communications unless you indicate otherwise in the survey).
As part of our commitment to meet the needs of our bilingual Consultants, I’m happy to report that in April, the Spanish version of the Consultant News will become a bilingual publication, with both Spanish and English content.
We’re very excited about this and other opportunities to meet the needs of the increasing number of bilingual Consultants and guests.
Thank you for your support in improving our service to all Consultants.
Sincerely,
Jean Jonas
Senior Vice President, Sales

I did get the email....

I am curious Addie, what do you think the appeal is for a Hispanic person to join PC vs. a non-Hispanic person?

I know the cooking styles differ, but what other things appeal to "them" (not meant to be rude) that a non-Hispanic like myself wouldn't think of?

I got that email but since I don't have any bilingual consultants at this time I filed it for now.

chefmeg said:
I am curious Addie, what do you think the appeal is for a Hispanic person to join PC vs. a non-Hispanic person?

I know the cooking styles differ, but what other things appeal to "them" (not meant to be rude) that a non-Hispanic like myself wouldn't think of?

I think this is an excellent question and one I'd also like to know the answer to... how does PC appeal to the hispanic market?

chefmeg said:
I did get the email....

Oh I think it's a legitimate question. :) I think PC is for everyone. The push to recruit bilingual or spanish only is because there are so few of us. Only a couple of hundred that were signed up as Spanish ONLY. Then they looked at "bilingual" consultants and came up with a number closer to 1,900. Ofcourse some of these consultants may not be fluent or may not read the language. The market is wide open. Hispanics have buying power in the billions nationwide and it's a market that has not really been tapped into. You have your different groups of Hispanics, the ones that looooove to cook elaborate three meals a day, you have working mothers that would love to do that but don't have the time and opt for fast food or really quick meals (that get boring), then you have the ones that grew up here and are second and third generation that my hate cooking all together or think they're bad at it. The common denominator is us, we can help all groups. They are all about getting together around the table and in the kitchen peparing meals and the cook mostly stove top which means selling lots of cookware. The great thing is you don't have to be hispanic or bilingual to tap into the market. My Director is english only and found me a bilingual consultant and she is recruiting others and they are recruiting the Spanish only ones. :) Sorry I rambled on...

There are only 7 Hispanic Market Directors right now.... that should give you some idea of the potential for growth. We gain a few lose a few, it's trial and error right now but HO is working to get it just right. Supporting new consultants and giving them the tools they need to succeed.

I met Valerie on the cruise and she told me about it b/c I let her know that i Have a bilingual consultant on my team. She has since finished the courses and should be receiving her PC $'s anyday. She's estatic!!

I think it's WONDERFUL!!

Advice needed:

One of my newest recruits has a very interested bilingual contact. How can I help her? She has booked a show and I have shared with him (my recruit) the Spanish language # to call for the recorded message and that HO had a Spanish line that she can call in on to get questions answered in Spanish - but I don't have that number.

Anyone have that number? What else???

here ya go Beth:

For a recorded message about our business opportunity call 630-261-3537, then dial English passcode 1095577 or Spanish passcode 1107029

I have that (in fact it's on my sig line on my emails). I thought there was a HO number that potential recruits could call to talk to someone in Spanish to help answer their concerns.

I'll email my bilingual consultant and find out.

1. What is the Tor.com Free Ebooks program?

The Tor.com Free Ebooks program is a promotion where you can sign up to receive free digital books from bestselling and award-winning science fiction and fantasy authors. Each week, you will receive a link to download a new ebook.

2. How do I sign up for the Tor.com Free Ebooks program?

To sign up for the Tor.com Free Ebooks program, simply go to the main website and click on the "Sign Up" button. Fill out the required information and submit the form. You will then receive a confirmation email with further instructions.

3. What types of books can I expect to receive through the Tor.com Free Ebooks program?

The Tor.com Free Ebooks program features science fiction, fantasy, and related genres. The books are pre-selected by Tor and you will receive a variety of titles from different authors.

4. Is there a limit to how many ebooks I can receive through this program?

Each participant in the Tor.com Free Ebooks program can receive up to one ebook per week. This means that over the course of the program, you can potentially receive 12 free ebooks.

5. Is there a contest associated with the Tor.com Free Ebooks program?

Yes, there is a contest associated with the Tor.com Free Ebooks program. By signing up, you will automatically be entered for a chance to win an Asus EEE 4GB Galaxy Mobile PC. The contest is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 or older.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
ughubug
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg