• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Round Stone With Handles Still a Problem?

In summary, there have been reports of round stone with handles breaking in the past, but it seems that the issue has been resolved since April 2009. Some customers have had issues with the round stones breaking, but others have not experienced any problems and even love them. It is important to inspect the stone upon arrival and use caution when placing it in the oven, such as covering most of it with food and turning the handles at an angle to prevent uneven heating."
PamperedchefDaly
Gold Member
I've read alot of posts about the round stone with handles breaking. I myself have had several customers complaining. The last post I read was April, 2009. Is there still a problem with them?

Last night at a party a very good customer and friend asked how customers are liking the new stones (he has many of the flat ones), since he wants to get a few for friends. I needed to be honest and told him that there had been reports of problems in the past. Well, it turned out that all he wanted was the stones so he didn't place an order :( and is waiting awhile to see if the problems are ironed out.

I'm just wondering if I should contact him in the near future and tell him I haven't seen any negative reports since April. He knows all about the guarantee, but that I know that wouldn't be a selling point.

Any thoughts?

Hi Nancy-

I just had another round stone break on me. I love the rectangle and other stones but I do not recommend the round stones anymore. They just seem to break to easily. I'm not sure what others are saying but that is just my opinion. Good luck!

I've never experienced round stone breaking on me- I have 4. I LOVE them! All of my customers who ordered these have not experienced any problems. I know that once I saw a crack and I immediately requested a replacement. I recall a customer saying that there was a small crack (1 inch) and it broke like after three bakings so I recommend telling your customers to inspect once they get it.

I haven't had any issues with mine (yet)...but, my sister's broke out of the blue this week!
Jen

I've had one customer's round stone break, but I've sold more than I can tell you. I think it's one of those things that just happens every now and again... unfortunately stoneware is very breakable, so it's going to happen! For a while there ALL the batter bowl lids were either arriving cracked or cracking shortly after arrival. Stuff like this happens, but I don't think the stoneware thing is a huge ongoing issue.

I had lots of them break from shows before mid November. Since then I have only had one break, and when she said it shattered I was extremely happy. You see all of the others broke right down the center. When I was at conference I asked about the stone and they seemed to think the problem is solved.

I've never had a problem with mine breaking and I've had it for a year. Lots of people have had problems but not me.Just tell them that you have no reason to believe he'll have a problem, but tout the guarantee and let him know he'll only have to ship a small piece of it if it breaks. (To be honest, I use mine as a platter more often than I use it to bake!)

I've had 3 customers so far who've had a broken or cracked one w/in the past 6 mos.... the last time i called cust. service, the rep told me to make sure i'm sharing this with my customers to prevent it from happening: cover most of the stone with food -spread food like biscuits/cookies apart (or perhaps you're using the size of stone for your food), especially frozen foods; but most importantly turn the handles at an angle so that one faces the back corner of the oven, the other handle with face the front corner....the handles are thinner than the rest of the stone and heat more quickly, thus causing the stone to weaken or crack.

jennytodd said:
I've had 3 customers so far who've had a broken or cracked one w/in the past 6 mos.... the last time i called cust. service, the rep told me to make sure i'm sharing this with my customers to prevent it from happening: cover most of the stone with food -spread food like biscuits/cookies apart (or perhaps you're using the size of stone for your food), especially frozen foods; but most importantly turn the handles at an angle so that one faces the back corner of the oven, the other handle with face the front corner....the handles are thinner than the rest of the stone and heat more quickly, thus causing the stone to weaken or crack.

Wow! Glad to hear that advice.

Makes me wonder if some people have ovens with hot spots that heat the stone unevenly? I know the back of my oven always is hotter than the front.

When our stones break we really have no idea how our customers are using them. I thinkg the tip from HO-turn the one handle to the back corner of the oven is a great tip. Also spreading your food around evenly and covering your stone evenly is a good tip.
It's probably not a good idea to tell a customer that we have had problems in the past. And of course I am all about being truthful, but just because we have heard at meetings or on CS that stones are breaking doesn't mean that it is a big problem compared to how many The Pampered Chef sells. I think it's a good approach to have your customers talk about them at your shows. Try saying "Who loves their stoneware" rather than "Who has one of our stones?" that's when you could hear "mine broke!" and other negative statements. And of course always mention that wonderful 3 year guarantee. Then go in to the use and care tips and when you follow up with that customer care call go over some those same tips again so it becomes ingrained in their mind.
Our stones are a great investment in your kitchen. Just try and return something to Wally World or Target after 90 days even and you are out of luck. Don't forget too that if they are not satisfied they can return it within 30 days postage pre-paid back to PC.
Hope this helps.
Deb

have not had any problems recently...knock on wood!

What is the "Round Stone With Handles" used for?

The Round Stone With Handles is a versatile cooking tool that can be used for baking, roasting, and serving a variety of dishes such as pizza, bread, and vegetables.

Why is the "Round Stone With Handles" still a problem?

The Round Stone With Handles has been known to crack or break during use, causing frustration for some customers.

What are the benefits of using the "Round Stone With Handles"?

The Round Stone With Handles is made of natural stoneware that helps distribute heat evenly, resulting in perfectly cooked food. It also has handles for easy transportation and serving.

How can I prevent the "Round Stone With Handles" from cracking?

To prevent the Round Stone With Handles from cracking, it is important to properly season the stone before use and to avoid sudden temperature changes. It is also recommended to use a pizza peel or a trivet when removing the stone from the oven.

Is the "Round Stone With Handles" dishwasher safe?

No, the Round Stone With Handles is not dishwasher safe. It should be hand washed with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasives, as this can damage the stone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • dancedivine
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Michelle817
  • jchesley