• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reviving My Business: How I Found Success and Purpose with TPC in Eight Months

In summary, the author had a strong start with TPC, but then hit a slump in mid summer. They decided to return to work and God has been working in their business since. A lady booked a show in February, a friend secured a show for an assisted living home, and another friend asked if the author liked PC. The author has four catalog shows going and one possible show left for February.
taterbug
I had a really strong start when I signed on with TPC (March 2009). I hit my $15,000 in career sales in November - I thought that was pretty good for an eight month time frame. However, about mid summer, mainly due to selling a house, moving, surgery, etc., I just didn't seem interested in pursuing or having shows. I had settled for simply staying active.
A few weeks ago I started thinking things over and knew that it was time for me to decide if I was going to coast along, only staying active for discounts and such, or if I was going to work my business the way I know I can. Due to the fact that I HATE the phone, looking for leads, etc. I had almost resigned myself to simply staying afloat. See, in the beginning, business just seemed to fall in my lap.....not so much that way anymore.
Well, a girl that had talked about having a show in February finally booked a date; a lady at the corporate office for the company I work wants to do a catalog show; a friend of mine helped secure a show for an assisted living home; my stepmom decided to do a show and tonight I am presenting a fundraiser opportunity for my son's school's soccer program (eighty players). All of this to take place between now and mid March. And, while having my oil changed last night, two of the men wanted catalogs because they saw the PC decals on my car.
I started this business as a platform to witness for Christ. I credit all of my success to Him. My main drive when I first started was meeting as many people as possible so that I would have that opportunity. I think that I seriously lost sight of that objective. I should be working the phone I HATE and searching for leads to further His work. If I return to that, everything else will fall into place.
I am so excited (nice to have that feeling again) because not only is God working in my PC business, but in my life, overall, and that is a good thing.
I did take a little of the "ask people advice" and it paid off....the catalog show (by simply asking in an email if she likes PC) and if there would be interest in the fundraiser (they are super excited because they love PC). I think that has given me enough of a realization that the advice is true and works.....you have to ask.

Having the same conversation with myself today!!! And I got 1 "no". But I ASKED! And a good friend from out of state e-mailed out-of-the-blue that she wants to have a catalog show...God is good. All the time.

Amen, He is good. I got confirmation last night that the booster organization for my son's school soccer team does want to go ahead with the fundraiser. I am super excited. And, one of my son's friend's mom wants to place an order, which is enough to be its own show.
I hate being told no (just can't stand rejection of any kind), but I have to remember that when one door closes, another opens....

That's great! After going to the Spring Launch meeting on Tuesday I also felt VERY motivated to get going. I had no shows for February (partially due to the fact I'll be on vacation for a week and just was lazy asking people to book in Feb) when I walked into that meeting, but when I saw the HWC products I could get for free if I submitted two shows before the 15th I got my butt on the phone at lunch and had those TWO shows organized BEFORE I left the meeting.

I now have 4 catalog shows going and one "maybe" for the end of February.
I'm soo excited now. I think that's the reason they do the conferences and monthly meetings (which I don't attend because my director lives out of state and I'm too lazy to drive the 1 1/2 hours to my "hospitality director's" meetings.)

Just stay motivated everyone! That's what these forums are for, right? For us to support each other!

I am motivated too after the meeting on Thurs in Belleview!

1. What is "Things Are Looking Up"?

"Things Are Looking Up" is a collection of kitchen tools and gadgets designed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient.

2. Can you tell me more about the products included in "Things Are Looking Up"?

The collection includes a Citrus Press, a Salad Chopper, a Mini Strainer, a Flexible Cutting Mat Set, and a Mini Nylon Serving Spatula. Each product is made with high-quality materials and designed to be versatile and durable.

3. How can I purchase "Things Are Looking Up"?

You can purchase the collection through a Pampered Chef consultant or on our website. Simply add the items to your cart and proceed to checkout.

4. Are there any special deals or discounts for "Things Are Looking Up"?

Yes, we often offer special promotions and discounts for our collections. Be sure to check our website or contact your consultant for the latest deals.

5. Can I return or exchange individual items from the "Things Are Looking Up" collection?

Yes, our Pampered Chef products come with a satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with an item, you can return or exchange it within 30 days of purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cr8vKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
jodyskitchen1
  • brendaziz
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Rosebud
Replies