• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Revive My Dwindling February Business?

In summary, Brenda placed an ad in her church's bulletin, donated baskets to local silent auctions, and spoke with people she does business with to get leads for her upcoming show. She also provides a catalog tote with her products for people to take with them when they go out to meet potential clients.
brendaziz
I'm so sad. I just started in the business last month and had tons of shows lined up for this month and almost all of them have died from either snow or lack or interest.

Where can I meet people or get new people to talk to about havin a show in Feb???
It just seems so late now and i'm losing hope for my double pts month.

I'm aiming for Maui and I really have needed about 10 shows a month, not to mention recruits! I just feel so far.

It happens to us all. The best thing to do is get on the phone. Let people know that there is no need for several weeks' notice.As for those people who flaked in February--have you rebooked them? How's your host coaching? Are you helping them to stay excited and be successful with their shows? The key is to move forward.

Absolutely has happened to all of us. You need to get on the phone and call from your list of 100. I had a person book and hold her February show within 10 days and she had an over $1000 show. Make phone calls and make them with excitement. Host coaching is essential to keeping your hosts excited and anxious for their party. Most of all, DON'T get discouraged. It doesn't make it any better. Good luck to you!!

Yes, has happened to all of us. I had a very disheartening day of making calls the other day, but I still did it. Customer 1 had a broken stone, and when I went to process her return, she placed a $50 order. Customer 2 ended up ordering a stone. And Customer 3 ... well, to make a long story very sad, turned out to be dead ... i started a whole nother thread on her ...

So at least I'm staying active, which is my goal all along. HWC stuff would have been nice ... but I'll just buy them myself, or have a show in May.

As for the List of 100 ... talking to myself here ... a presenter at a conference once said, "If it's good enough for DORIS, It's good enough for me!"

call, call , call! E-mail! snail mail!

Anything to be in touch with people. I placed an ad on my church's bulletin, I donated baskets to a few silent auctions in town- check with the schools and local churches or clubs. Check with your director about any home shows in your area; you can split a shift with another consultant at her booth.

Drop a mini-catalog with your hair stylist, with the bank teller, your dentist or doctor's office. Anyone you do business with. Get a catalog tote and carry it around as your purse. I've gotten business from just that!

But don't get discouraged. You have also just started, so, for most people, it starts slow. Remember you need to crawl before you walk!

It will happen! Good luck, keep us posted!

Keep your chin up! I am in my first 30 days and I was really bummed because I had a cooking show that got cancelled due to the weather and a catalog show that isn't going anywhere because my friend is a deadbeat. But this weekend things have taken a positive turn just from one really good catalog show as well as getting tons of leads at a mall expo this weekend. Get out there and talk to people and you never know what might come your way!

Brenda...call those people that you had those tons of shows lined up with and let them know about the great 20% off glazed stoneware sale. Let them know you are placing an order on ________ date and explain to them that they can save bigger this month by ordering the products on special because next month the prices will go up. I took a few catalogs and wrote on each of the pictures of the stoneware what the price for Feb is (in orange marker) and then what the prices will be in March (in black) and then I wrote SAVE $___ (in green) what they will save by ordering from the special. For example: Save $8.60 on the Rectangular Baker Save $9.20 on the Large Bar Pan Save $9.80 on the Stoneware Fluted PanI took a catalog to a man who ordered a rotary grater and pizza cutter from me and he booked a show for the end of this month. He called me today and wants more catalogs for a bunch of ladies at his church!You can do it! Just let these people know how excited you are about the 20% sale and tell them you did not want them to miss out on it...get them to place an order with you and you count it as a show.

oh yeah... I also told this man that I would give everyone who orders something from his show a free Spring/Summer 2010 Season's Best.

Absolutely don't get discouraged (which is funny coming from me, because it happens to me everytime my calendar starts falling apart!)....just get on the phone. Usually I NEVER make calls, but when I do, I always get good results (should be a kick in the pants to try it more often, I guess!) And when you're calling around, keep in mind that your BEST shows are from those people you don't know very well - just acquaintences....("deadbeat friend")....

I also started last month and have found my month dwindling. I had a catalog show fall apart and another cooking show host who I met at the home show stood me up TWICE for host coaching meeting. Plus tonight I had a potential host's husband hang up on me. It has really not been my day, which is really hard for me right now because I am so anxious to quit my day job. So I defiantly understand.

1. What should I do if my February host's event has fallen apart?

If your February host's event has fallen apart, the first thing you should do is reach out to them and offer your support. See if there is anything you can do to help them reschedule or find a new date for their party. Remember, communication is key in these situations.

2. Can I still earn my host rewards if my February host's event falls apart?

Yes, you can still earn your host rewards if your February host's event falls apart. As long as they reschedule their party within 45 days, you will still receive your host rewards. If they are unable to reschedule, you can offer to have a virtual party or catalog party to still earn your rewards.

3. What if my February host's guests cancel last minute?

If your February host's guests cancel last minute, try to reach out to them and see if they can reschedule for another date. If not, you can still offer to have a virtual party or catalog party to still make sales and earn your host rewards. Remember to be understanding and flexible in these situations.

4. How can I prevent my February host's event from falling apart?

To prevent your February host's event from falling apart, it's important to communicate with them regularly leading up to the party. Make sure they have all the necessary information and materials to promote their event to their guests. You can also offer to do a reminder call or send out reminders to their guests a few days before the party.

5. Can I still make sales if my February host's event falls apart?

Yes, you can still make sales even if your February host's event falls apart. If they are unable to reschedule, you can offer to have a virtual party or catalog party. You can also reach out to other potential hosts or customers to make up for any lost sales. Remember to always stay positive and focus on finding solutions in these situations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wcsis
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • blarrabee
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire